G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
How do you keep your license if you already have 5 tickets in a year? In my state, you lose your license if you get 3 in one year.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
Depends on what the ticket is for.. its based off of points which depends on the violation. You can get rid of tickets by going to school of fighting them in court to be dismissed. Also tickets drop off your record after 3 years and here in AZ.. if you dont get a ticket for one year all points are cleared off your record.

If you get your license suspended.. usually starts at 3 months and then goes up.

But seriously 27?? I thought I was bad..
But seriously how do you fight them in court?

You do realize that most traffic offenses are strict liability offenses.

Most successful challenges to a strict liability offense are going to be procedural depending on State Supreme and local court rules. How many tickets are dismissed based on constitutional issues of due process or a Necessity Defense? Most courts don't even require police officers to appear on first appearance or arraignment dates.

Beyond that most states have statutorily recognized the scientific validity and accuracy of law enforcement speed detection devices.

Good (meaning not lazy or sloppy) police officers aren't going to commit too many jurisdictional or substantive errors in conducting traffic stops and issuing citations.

When P.O.s do commit those types of mistakes they have lost the most important character of anyone who works in the system of jurisprudence: CREDIBILITY. Police officers without credibility don't last very long.

What mistakes are the traffic violation camera systems going to make?

In Illinois point assessed violations never come off the SOS court purposes driving abstract.

Even tickets for which supervision, deferred prosecution or even dismissal are granted stay on county court Alpha lists for 8 years.

Furthermore the court which has before it a motorist with numerous driving infractions (even if many have been dismissed) can direct the police agency to notify the SOS to cancel the motorists drivers license.

Good thing you have Joe Arpaio in Maricopa County.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:29 PM
What's a ticket?

I had gotten 1 ticket in 25 years of driving. 93 in a 55. Lost my license for 6 months. I should have lost it for a year but I was getting out of the Marine Corps in 6 months so the judge let me off.

I have had my G35 for a year now and have never given anyone a reason to pull me over.

Must be the way to sit in your car. Do you lean the seat all the way back with just enough to see over the dash and wear your baseball cap backwards? You are going to get pulled over.

Don't know what you are doing but obviously it ain't working.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I've never been pulled over in my G or in the previous Corvette. Drive within the laws and you're fine.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER

it's not a secret that our economy is in the sh!tter including Cities and Counties budgets.
So writing more tickets is kinda a way out for them.

You don't necessarily have to be breaking the law to get a ticket now days. You simply need to not know the law.
So a $140 dollar ticket fixes the economy how? You pay the cop to come out (most get 3 hours minimum overtime for court, so figure about $100 bucks goes to pay the cop), then you pay the clerks to process the paperwork to get stuff there, and then you pay the judge for his time, I'm sure that equals to more than $140. I don't like it when people try to say that the cops are trying to issue tickets to fix the economy. The fact of the matter is, if you don't drive like ****, you don't get **** on by the police.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 AM
had my G for 2 yrs, tinted window, no front license plate < can't imagine having it on, Cold air intake,... so far no speeding tickets, and i average about 80mph on the freeway, but i know my surroundings and know where i can and cant go, its not the car, here's a situation i was in.," i was pulling up to a huge intersection and i saw it open and no cars,, only the ones at the red lights., so i said k ima test on my G's drifting ability so i get sideways came out pretty good,. get on the freeway and 1min later i see the dreaded red and blue lights in my mirror, he pulls me over says if i always do that ect.. i said no just got the car i was anxious, so he says i could give you a wreckless driving, "OMG NO" he saw my front license plate under my passenger drivers floor mat, it was showing, so he asked if its my front plate and said ok im just gonna write you up for no plate and window tint.,.." I doubt its the car i mean he could of given me a ticket for a crap load of money but let me off with 2 fix its... plus the passport 8500 helps sometimes :-)

Old 01-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by fl0wmastr
Over the last year since i got my silver stock G35 coupe, I've really slowed down my driving but somehow I've gotten a lot more tickets @ 5 tickets for 1 year !!!
I can't keep going like this or I will lose my license!
Previous Cars I Owned that have been driven like hell with only a max of 1 ticket per year: Toyota Supra Turbo w intake and exhaust, Toyota Celica with headers intake and exhaust, Scion TC with supercharger. Suprisingly, even with performance parts, my previous cars ended up getting less attention from cops than my stock 04 g35 coupe that i drive waaaay slower.

Should i sell the G or not? Help me decide and answer these questions:

1) Have you noticed an increase in tickets since you've gotten your G over your previous car?

2) What are the top cars cops look to pull over? Civics & Infiniti's?

3) What car would be nice and sporty but not get a lot of attention from cops? BMW Coupe?

4) Is it just a problem with the area I live in ? Too many cops in Tampa, FL?

5) What are the best ways to avoid or get out of tickets after or before issued?

6) Has anyone else thought about selling their G because of tickets as well ?

7) What's the best defense against tickets? Passport 8500 x2 ?

wooow, is this serious ? im surprised you even owned a supra when you ask a question like this Dont know how you survived supra forums
1.Fail
2.Fail !
3.Fail
4.Fail
5.Fail
6.Super Fail
7.fail

Old 01-16-2009, 06:39 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
So a $140 dollar ticket fixes the economy how? You pay the cop to come out (most get 3 hours minimum overtime for court, so figure about $100 bucks goes to pay the cop), then you pay the clerks to process the paperwork to get stuff there, and then you pay the judge for his time, I'm sure that equals to more than $140. I don't like it when people try to say that the cops are trying to issue tickets to fix the economy. The fact of the matter is, if you don't drive like ****, you don't get **** on by the police.
hahahaha

wow.

Soooooooo I guess if cops don't issue the tickets then none of the people you mentioned come to work?

Yeah.........that's what I thought.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:47 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
here you go

Read this if you feel like saying something smart next time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/..._times_feature

Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
just stop driving like a idiot

Old 01-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
wtf you got a red light ticket? must have been the g that made you do that one huh?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
It's all about how you drive, but i also beleive there is a little bit of profiling involved.

You take two stock G35's...say coupes. One is driving with legal tint, is clean and has OEM 19's on it and sitting at the light with windows down and radio at low level. The other is lowered, flashy 20" rims, 5% (illegal) tint, blacked out taillights, 8000K HID's with HID fogs, decals on the windows and is sitting at the light with the windows down entertaining anyone in earshot with a 2000W sound system. These two cars take off from a stop...if you were a cop, which one would you focus your attention on and watch like a hawk??

The local cops tend to target the ricers harshly. Didn't matter what car you had, but if it was "riced out" with a coffee can, ground effects kit, aftermarket lighting, etc...you were going to get pulled over. I found it funny to see guys having to put plates on their dash to avoid tickets and gettin pulled over for their exhaust while i was driving around in my loud, cammed Mustang with no front plate and getting thumbs up from cops sometimes. Not fair i know, but it's just something i've seen.

I also agree with Joker that with the economy in the tubes and with gov'ts needing money, tickets are on the rise. I just got my first ticket ever in 11 years of driving for a trivial driving offense. Any other time and it would have been a warning. But nope..instant ticket. When i went to the appeal, NOBODY was getting their tickets dropped...just reductions. My first time getting pulled over EVER in 11 years and i don't even get a break. I wasn't even in my Mustang or G35...i was in a Toyota Camry.

It kinda makes me want to strip off my tint (meters 28% when 35% is the law) since it's a $250 ticket in MA and fly under the radar.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
hahahaha

wow.

Soooooooo I guess if cops don't issue the tickets then none of the people you mentioned come to work?

Yeah.........that's what I thought.
here you go

Read this if you feel like saying something smart next time.

Nope, those people still come to work, because there are other crimes that require higher fines then speeding. For example...shoplifting, theft, misdemeanor assaults and criminal damage, DUI, and whatever else would be cited into misdemeanor court, and they also carry a surcharge not only for the court, but also for the jail if the person was booked into the jail at the time the person was cited for it. Many jail fees run approximately $1000. (felony charges don't apply here as they are typically handled by a different court and don't apply to city courts dealing with traffic and other misdemeanors, but those carry even higher fines). So like I said, instead of reading a magazine article and blaming the cops for giving you tickets and saying how they are doing it to fix the economy, know what you are talking about. Photo radar is there to generate revenue, that is obvious, but if you think that an understaffed police department has the luxury of having patrol officers do traffic enforcement, you are plain wrong.
By the way, being in law enforcement for 4 years > magazine article.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I got my fist EVER speeding ticket in my G, but I was guilty of it. I was driving 60mph in a 50mph zone. The cop said that I was doing 70mph which I argued w/ him while he was writing up the ticket. He wrote down 65mph.

Change your driving habits by abiding by with the traffic rules and you won't have any issues. Remember, you're not the only one on the road. Slow down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!