G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Nope, those people still come to work, because there are other crimes that require higher fines then speeding. For example...shoplifting, theft, misdemeanor assaults and criminal damage, DUI, and whatever else would be cited into misdemeanor court, and they also carry a surcharge not only for the court, but also for the jail if the person was booked into the jail at the time the person was cited for it. Many jail fees run approximately $1000. (felony charges don't apply here as they are typically handled by a different court and don't apply to city courts dealing with traffic and other misdemeanors, but those carry even higher fines). So like I said, instead of reading a magazine article and blaming the cops for giving you tickets and saying how they are doing it to fix the economy, know what you are talking about. Photo radar is there to generate revenue, that is obvious, but if you think that an understaffed police department has the luxury of having patrol officers do traffic enforcement, you are plain wrong.
By the way, being in law enforcement for 4 years > magazine article.

I hope you don't get laid off due to the budget shortages.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just chill out... Know when to speed and when not to.. I just recently got my very first speeding ticket issued by a cop.. took 4 years for that to happen and I speed like crazy.

Cameras are a different story though.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
^ yup!!

The ones being used in tempe on rural/scottsale road were illegaly set up. It's BS cause its a huge 3 lane road but the speed limit is 35mph.. wow. I've been caught by that one.

Did u see in the news when three guys dressed up as Santa went and put bags over the cameras? hahaha

Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^^^ Where did you hear about that? I'm interested to find out.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Was on the paper.. Some guy was/still is suing the city of Tempe

Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
Was on the paper.. Some guy was/still is suing the city of Tempe
I heard they were passing some legislature to make law enforcement exempt unless the speeds are over 35mph. I got flashed 3 times in the last two weeks on the 51, two were within a mile of each other, so I hope that passes.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by fl0wmastr
ticket was for red light n speeding.
I found your problem... stop running red lights. Stop speeding too, although that's a bit harder to control...

Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take your ride to the track, so you can release your adrenaline there and cruise on the streets

Old 01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reminds me of my cusin'

3-4tickets in a year..speeding in anything he had his hands on..that was like a few years ago..now he's talking about getting a 350z or an 3series...

i straight up told him, u have a lead foot, unless u start driving more responsible and more chill, then i wouldnt advice u get a 350z

as for selling ur car,

1.it doesnt matter what ride u have, its ur driving habits...or the need for speed, running yellows and all that stuff...

2. we have an attractive car, there for attract attention...and yes we have been targetted as rice rockets or imports by local enforcements.therefore, if u have the car and know for a fact ur a target, its up to you to change the way you drive...

3.i know u love the car, and it is a hassle, be law compliant and they will have nothing to bother you with - like exteriors that aren't illegal. like my hatch, i made sure i was smog everything and i didnt aftermarket lights.blue red leds or such..only because i knew i would be targetted no matter what...my car is already loud as is...i love to see their faces when they pull me over and i say, OK go ahead, im law complient sir (with my swap) act professional and nice. and they go, "well make sure...." have a good day..LOL

5. common sense...thats it.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
I heard they were passing some legislature to make law enforcement exempt unless the speeds are over 35mph. I got flashed 3 times in the last two weeks on the 51, two were within a mile of each other, so I hope that passes.
lmao!!!!

I hate the 51, the cameras come in all those turns where you dont see them.. I got flashed on the one by bethany home..

The two cams within a mile of eachother are bethany home and camelback heading south.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I know.. So retarded.. They bump down the speed limit to 55mph cause it turns into a "construction" zone but you don't really pay attention to that because you're still cruising 70mph thinking you're safe but nope... You get a nice red laser flash in your face.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
I hate that stupid red flash.. it like blinds you and scares the **** out of you.

Oh and funny part of the whole construction zone thing.. its not even construction on ur side of the hw yet u still need to drive 55. WTF? Why should I slow down?
Exactly, I was about to bring that up to... All these orang "CONSTRUCTION ZONE FINES DOUBLE" BS signs but wheres the construction? Nothing.

Oh and have you noticed that they hide the "photo enforcement, 300 feet" sign behind the green exit sign? Its like they're trapping you.

That red flash or any flash scares the **** out of you... It does 2 flashes from the front and 1 from the back... I think the first one is to get your attention to look at the camera, then the second flash is to get your face, and the 3rd is for your plates..

This state is full of a$$holes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!