G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Painting Engine Cover - Progress pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen

Good job for you first time. When you post something on here.. expect to get opinions otherwise dont post. This is a forum.
Nice....all these opinions and name calling can be summed up by just two words....NICE TRY!
Gary

Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No go. Hope ur not putting that on your G.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by xxhotelcrazyxx
sorry not feelin it, looks ricey.
+1000

Old 01-23-2009, 12:23 PM
took bad this forum is turning to such ****, kid is trying his best to do a little DIY dont need to chime in with your "expert opinion" he went out and tried it, yea maybe it could use a little touching up but there is no need to tell the kid "Nice Try" im assuming from the pics with newspaper all around the engine cover, that he doesnt happen to have a professional paint booth... looks good chord. little help from gfrenzy

Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM
im just saying to give the kid some constructive criticism, not "thats so ricey, i dont like it" how does that help him?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by stats
im just saying to give the kid some constructive criticism, not "thats so ricey, i dont like it" how does that help him?
If someone told me that i would take that with a grain of salt and say "wait a minute, maybe it is a little ricey, i mean it is a luxury sports coupe and what im doing here is very common in the honda crowds. Maybe i should think twice about it"

Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chord you did a good job bro. I wont even attempt to do a diy like that. I want to paint my oem grill black but that wont be for a while. It was nice work tho for your first time....Prob better then I would have done.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
his theme is black and yellow, he is getting his brakes coated yellow, his car is black, doesnt seem like a honda thing to do to me.

if i said, "i personally think its stupid to put nissan skyline 350gt emblems on a left side drive car that was built in japan to be an INFINITI G35 here in america". would you not get a tiny bit pissed off about it? its my opinion, but was it worth my input? i will never tell someone on this forum that i dont like their modifications to their car, ill keep my mouth shut and keep to my own business. if they did it themselves, more power to them, if they did a great job, hell they deserve a lot on compliments, but there is no point in bring someones hard work down. again why this forum has gone to crap. he posted this in another g35 forum and got all kinds of compliments, but also zero opinion oriented criticism. just helpful constructive criticism. again, thats all i would ever ask for, or ever give in a forum...

Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Ricer....not even close!

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
If you dont like it here than why are you here? I will have to disagree with you. No matter what forum you are on, there is always going to be someone to give you flack. I see it on frenzy all the time.
Not true on Frenzy, if they think you're hurting a members feeling you'll get
a gig and severely reprimanded. I told a member there after he posted pic of
his G Coupe with mud hanging off the wheel wells "Not to post pic of his G
unless it was somewhat clean and called it "Filty!" I caught hell from everyone....but the member reposted pic of his car very clean and thanked me for my recomendation....and I still caught hell. I've since learned
to either BUMP or attempt constructive criticism like....NICE TRY!
Gary

Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
do better painting................ lol iono just mask better with tape. and do more even coats in a sweeping motion, not standing to close to the object. And hang it up when u spray paint.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by chord42
im all for constructive criticism like i said a few times. but im not getting any am i? nope, just a bunch of douches who like they are the ****. if u have such an expert opinion say something helpful.
Im going to say this as nice as possible, dont do it, looks like rice Thats my expert opinion, if you dont want to take the advice, its your call, your car, but you bought a luxury coupe, not a civic dx.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
like gary c said, there is no tolerance for any negative criticism on frenzy, so i dont see where you have been finding that information. i only use this forum for help and the marketplace, id rather have the opinions of those on frenzy for all my mods, which is why i didnt post my recent stereo and double din install... and occasionally there are some decent people out here with some helpful insight, thank you jutn35 for your info, at least it was worth reading and might help chord with touching up his paint job...

more importantly, hotelcrazy i never saw you respond to this...

Originally Posted by stats
if i said, "i personally think its stupid to put nissan skyline 350gt emblems on a left side drive car that was built in japan to be an INFINITI G35 here in america". would you not get a tiny bit pissed off about it? its my opinion, but was it worth my input? i will never tell someone on this forum that i dont like their modifications to their car, ill keep my mouth shut and keep to my own business. if they did it themselves, more power to them, if they did a great job, hell they deserve a lot on compliments, but there is no point in bring someones hard work down.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Nin
looks ricey

i wouldn't do that to a civic let alone a g35

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by chord42
im all for constructive criticism like i said a few times. but im not getting any am i? nope, just a bunch of douches who like they are the ****. if u have such an expert opinion say something helpful.
Ok. next time prep your work a bit better the battery cover looks like it had grime spots or something on it and i affected the paint job also i think i see a hair or a scratch on it that needed to be smoothed out before you bagan painting. You need to give your peices more then one coat of primer so that it can sort of help fill in inperfections in the plastic. You may want to use like a flat black instead of gloss black the gloss paint magnifies the inperfections flat black will help hide them. ill post pic of mine later its not on my car until i get it all sorted out.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not my cup of tea..looks unprofessional..to each their own

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting Engine Cover - Progress pics