G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trading in for 2010 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen the Camaros at the event Chevy held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and I was pretty impressed. They were all pre-production models and a few of the test vehicles but if they stick with the interior materials used in the ones I saw, most people will be impressed. There aren't as many shared parts for the interior as with other GM vehicles which helps too. I like the exterior styling as well, but that is just a matter of opinion. Many people will bash the car based on the stereotype of the older Camaros and the fact that some people hate American cars no matter how decent they are. I won't try to sway any opinions about that but there is no arguing with up to 422hp! Production of the car has been delayed one month and is supposed to start on March 18th. All dealers have been given an initial allocation to sell and many dealers have pre-sold their allocation so most will not have any Camaros sitting on their lot for sale. All pre-orders had to have a customer name attached for them to be accepted so I guess some dealers could have put in fake names so they will have some in stock to sell. Odds are that if you are interested in that type of car then you definitely won't be disappointed.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hope the Camaro looks better than the Challanger I was parked next to last
week. The Challanger looked fat, doesn't sit right (way too high) and must
have a 4" gap between the tire and fender. Not even the cool car it
was back in 1970....not even close! Why don't they ever look as good on the
street as they did at the car shows?
Gary

Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The V8 is a smoking deal I just cant get over the funky interior, the gauges at the center console and the steering wheel look to funky to me, I'll have to reserve judgment for when they come out.

If not you could always buy a vette.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
i'd say this is the worst thread ever. just my $.02

Old 01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by krullish
i'd say this is the worst thread ever. just my $.02
Yeah, I agree. I would much rather read all the threads asking what intake to buy, which exhaust is best, what part numbers are for light bulbs, whether or not you need to use premium fuel, etc. Those are much better than this one.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the camaro will kick ***. I support you OP.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I say go for it. They're gonna be great looking cars. Don't buy a v6 though. If you do you will forever smell like a poon with herpes.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say if thats what you want go for it. Worse case you can always come back to the G. I am a little worried how much they have pushed back this car. After all this time I would think they would work most of the kinks out. Time will tell.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
I say go for it. They're gonna be great looking cars. Don't buy a v6 though. If you do you will forever smell like a poon with herpes.
Could you please describe for me, in intricate detail, what exactly that would smell like? I just want to know in case I ever come across one, so I'll be sure to turn it down.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 PM
american cars are POS period.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
Could you please describe for me, in intricate detail, what exactly that would smell like? I just want to know in case I ever come across one, so I'll be sure to turn it down.
I dunno about what hes talking about but since my job deals with that area of the body a lot I'll tell you I've caught whiffs of **** that nearly sent me to the floor. Think piles of dead fish soaked in blood left out in 120 degree weather for a good week. Yeah. Although most aren't to that extreme.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
LMFAO I knew that was coming...

Remember when you came out of the womb? Try to remember that smell...that's it (((I kid I kid)))
Originally Posted by johniZzlee
american cars are POS period.
Oh boy, another ignorant anti-fan-boy. Care to back that up with fact? I'm not a huge fan of American (Yeah, it's capitalized, take pride in your country) cars either, but I wouldn't say that ALL of them are POS.
Originally Posted by infinus
I dunno about what hes talking about but since my job deals with that area of the body a lot I'll tell you I've caught whiffs of **** that nearly sent me to the floor. Think piles of dead fish soaked in blood left out in 120 degree weather for a good week. Yeah. Although most aren't to that extreme.
So glad I was done eating when I read that QUITE vivid description...

Last edited by Lucky-G; 01-27-2009 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Made post a bit nicer.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm thinking of trading in my car for a GT-R hovercraft

Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by MixturePinoy
I'm thinking of trading in my car for a GT-R hovercraft
Oh! Me too!!! Right after I pick up a car hauler that transforms into a 12-story tall evil-fighting robot!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cloud_35
I wouldnt plan on buying anything american right now with their economic standing right now.

Besides, with most american cars, its always the interior quality that pushes me towards imports instead.
Nissan and Toyota are both reporting heavy losses right now too. Nissan is plantsmoving production to india for cheap labor and Toyota is asking workers to take pay cuts. So im not so sure they are that much better off than we are. Just because you dont hear about it, doesnt mean its all good.

The new SS looks tight, but its way disappointing performance wise. The 98 SS stock ran 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. The 2010 SS runs 13.4, wow....big improvement. Pretty lame for a 35k "muscle" car. An 01' vette, stock runs a 13.1. Dont get me wrong, I love american muscle, but the new challenger and the camaro are both sad disappointments performance wise....and way too heavy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading in for 2010 Camaro SS