G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Test-drove a g35 for the 1st time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koksik86
sorry i meant power to weight...thought one thing and said another.

i came from a wrx before this car. the g35 doesn't even compare to the wrx. my brother has my subaru now and i can't keep up. whether its from a 20mph roll or on turns, i'm done. i'm still on the stock tires, but after looking at the tread of them at only 18k miles, they are literally destroyed, its sad. and i drive like your 80 year old grandma never taking off traction control. i switched to blizzaks for the winter and even on moderately cool dry days my VDC is flashing non stop. its like a tractionless pig on the road.

i'm sure some coilovers, sway bars, and camber kits would help. but i feel this car requires too much work and money to be put in to perform like it should from the factory.

i think youre missing a key point of the G35...ITS A LUXURY CAR!!!...the suspension is softer than the 350Z...the stock tires used on the G are geared toward eliminating road noise and helping with the comfort of the car

if youre destroying tires at 18k miles...then youve got something wrong with the toe angle on your G...i run 4deg of camber infront on my S13 and 2 outback with zero toe in the rear...i get MINOR wear on my tires just due to how i handle the car...extreme tire wear is caused by improper toe alignment...and i will argue you to death about this

if youre complaining about having to mod the car to make it faster...then maybe you should go back to your WRX (not being a jerk by saying this)...the G35 was built with LUXURY in mind...not all out speed...it may be built on the FM Platform, share the same engine as the 350z (and damn near every other FM platform offshoot car/suv), but by no means is it a performance machine like the WRX and EVO are marketed as...now if you dropped 4-5 grand into the car for a few minor upgrades like you listed above (a good set of dampers, multilink pillowball arms, LSD and sway bars...maybe a set of headers, catback, air intake, intake mani and a piggy back fuel computer) then it would perform quite a bit better

the G and 350 are decently powerful cars in stock form...theyre low 14 second cars from the factory when driven right...i know this is quite a bit different than driving an AWD, turbo 300hp WRX...but again...truth of the matter...G35 takes a little work to make fun and isnt a race car in stock form by ANY means

Last edited by dorkidori_S13; 01-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
^ +111111111

Old 01-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Come on guys, back on topic. 67K is a lot of miles on a car that was possibly rode hard. Brakes and tires might need to be replaced and it seems they can be quite costly. You might want to price this items before making an offer. I paid premium for my car with low mileage but it was well worth it.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K6G35c
Come on guys, back on topic. 67K is a lot of miles on a car that was possibly rode hard. Brakes and tires might need to be replaced and it seems they can be quite costly. You might want to price this items before making an offer. I paid premium for my car with low mileage but it was well worth it.

Sorry. OP, What is the asking price for the car? If the car needs new pads and rotors, thats almost $1000 to replace for all four. Four tires can run you anywhere between $500 for a set of cheapos and $1200 for good ones. Find out what bluebook is on it and then subtract parts and labor. That should be a ballpark price you should pay....IMO

Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 2K6G35c
Come on guys, back on topic. 67K is a lot of miles on a car that was possibly rode hard.

(i dont wanna sound like a jerk saying this...but im gonna anyways) ARE YOU SERIOUS??? 67,000 MILES IS NOT ALOT!!! lol...thats like brand spankin new

100,000 miles is just broken in...my 93 S13 has over 180,000 miles on the chassis...my 94 SR has over 70k on it with 135-138 compression across the board...and ive been driving the **** outta that motor on and off the track for almost 6 years now (daily driving is actually A LOT more strenuous on your car than track use)

id LOVE to own a car with 65k miles on it...goddamn thing is brand new still

no but seriously...i heart you all

Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dorkidori_S13
(i dont wanna sound like a jerk saying this...but im gonna anyways) ARE YOU SERIOUS??? 67,000 MILES IS NOT ALOT!!! lol...thats like brand spankin new

100,000 miles is just broken in...my 93 S13 has over 180,000 miles on the chassis...my 94 SR has over 70k on it with 135-138 compression across the board...and ive been driving the **** outta that motor on and off the track for almost 6 years now (daily driving is actually A LOT more strenuous on your car than track use)

id LOVE to own a car with 65k miles on it...goddamn thing is brand new still

no but seriously...i heart you all
Disagree!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
i think youre missing a key point of the G35...ITS A LUXURY CAR!!!...the suspension is softer than the 350Z...the stock tires used on the G are geared toward eliminating road noise and helping with the comfort of the car

if youre destroying tires at 18k miles...then youve got something wrong with the toe angle on your G...i run 4deg of camber infront on my S13 and 2 outback with zero toe in the rear...i get MINOR wear on my tires just due to how i handle the car...extreme tire wear is caused by improper toe alignment...and i will argue you to death about this

if youre complaining about having to mod the car to make it faster...then maybe you should go back to your WRX (not being a jerk by saying this)...the G35 was built with LUXURY in mind...not all out speed...it may be built on the FM Platform, share the same engine as the 350z (and damn near every other FM platform offshoot car/suv), but by no means is it a performance machine like the WRX and EVO are marketed as...now if you dropped 4-5 grand into the car for a few minor upgrades like you listed above (a good set of dampers, multilink pillowball arms, LSD and sway bars...maybe a set of headers, catback, air intake, intake mani and a piggy back fuel computer) then it would perform quite a bit better

the G and 350 are decently powerful cars in stock form...theyre low 14 second cars from the factory when driven right...i know this is quite a bit different than driving an AWD, turbo 300hp WRX...but again...truth of the matter...G35 takes a little work to make fun and isnt a race car in stock form by ANY means
+1

Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah, i tend to forget its a luxury car since the suspension is clunking and riding stiff as if it were on coilovers. it has more mysterious rattles than any car i've owned or drove in.

i need to turn up the radio loud enough to distract the excessive noise, but since i can't even get a strong FM signal that's also a fail.

i'll need to get that checked out...the car is bone stock and had never touched the suspension. so if its an alignment issue its infinit's problem.

but to the OP, make sure you take the cost of maintenance (tires, service, normal wear and tear) into consideration into the price. it could save you some bux down the road as you'll learn more about your car and its problems later in time.

and 67k miles for a luxury car is a lot IMO. maybe a 4 cyclinder rice burner that has a bullet proof motor and no oil consumption issues in its generation is fine.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned
and 67k miles for a luxury car is a lot IMO. maybe a 4 cyclinder rice burner that has a bullet proof motor and no oil consumption issues in its generation is fine.
im gonna say one thing...YOURE DRIVING A NISSAN

no matter what badge they slap on the car...at the end of the day its still a rolling poo box

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
yeah, i tend to forget its a luxury car since the suspension is clunking and riding stiff as if it were on coilovers. it has more mysterious rattles than any car i've owned or drove in.

i need to turn up the radio loud enough to distract the excessive noise, but since i can't even get a strong FM signal that's also a fail.

i'll need to get that checked out...the car is bone stock and had never touched the suspension. so if its an alignment issue its infinit's problem.

but to the OP, make sure you take the cost of maintenance (tires, service, normal wear and tear) into consideration into the price. it could save you some bux down the road as you'll learn more about your car and its problems later in time.

Some body needs to to back to WRX.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
im gonna say one thing...YOURE DRIVING A NISSAN

no matter what badge they slap on the car...at the end of the day its still a rolling poo box
i know i know...your right

Originally Posted by vhtran
Some body needs to to back to WRX.
meh, its in the driveway. although my brother doesn't want to drive my car

Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cheap set of aftermarket rotors is $200, pads $150, labor should be 2.5-3 hours to change both. no big deal at all.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Just because your car is bone stock it does not mean that an alignment issue is infiniti's problem. If you haven't done an alignment for a few years, then I'm pretty sure alignment will be off regardless what car you drive.

.. I love it when people complain about G's.. reminds me of that one guy who bought a salvaged G for cheap and complained that G's are just a piece of crap. lol

Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by chenG35
Just because your car is bone stock it does not mean that an alignment issue is infiniti's problem. If you haven't done an alignment for a few years, then I'm pretty sure alignment will be off regardless what car you drive.
+5 internets for this man

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
when i first got my g, i wasnt used to the anti locking.. maybe that's the jerking stuff youre dealing with. and make sure the VDC is on for prevention of swinging.

as to homeboy whining about his G so much, go get another dang car man. yo uare obviously so unhappy with your car... and as for random noises in the car? what doesnt!? any car after age starts doing it. and FYI, they are easy as hell to fix.

and 67k is NOT a lot.. even if it's a "luxury" car. if it was like an 06 or an 07.. it would be pretty high, but for an 04-05 its not bad at all. yeesh you guys all act like ballers who get new cars all the time or something.

the g is, and always will be, a well balanced car with luxury and performance.. you want handling? spend money, or get a car that has a sh1tty *** interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test-drove a g35 for the 1st time