G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Took the G to track !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Took the G to track !!!!!!

Actually, I thought the tape is there to protect from shattering glass if you crash. Keeps the track clean if you do crash. You have to do the same thing on a motorcycle for track days...

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero / Pedals / Clears

Old 06-16-2004, 05:22 PM

Yea what hurt you most was probably the non-brembos/smaller discs and your stock tires. If you had VDC on I HIGHLY suggest you turn it off if you are comfortable with that speed. I have my "favorite" turns around here and I can take them at least 15% faster with the VDC off.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a similar event in april, and do not agree with you, my brakes lasted two full days of racing on a 4 mile course (road america). The handling was great, not S2000 great but great for the size/weight of this car. I think you were experiancing break fade because you were riding the brakes. What you want to do is get on them hard and fast and let go, you should not ride them into the corner, do all you braking before you turn. I too have a 5AT but will have brembos in a week

Old 06-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea I have the BB6 still...but i recently parted it out... due to a blown head/valvetrain. But mine was pretty moded as well. Yours looks nice as hell.

here is mine the way it was at one point.... but now its all stock. Hopefully they will make another prelude

2003 G35C -soon to be moded-
2001 BB6 -moded-

279153-whimitlude.jpg

Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well first of i'm not hating on the G. I just like all my cars to ride a lot stiffer and have lil body roll. My past 2 cars all had FULL suspension work on them and being able to go into turn with barely any body roll is the best.

Yes the G is stock and i didnt expect it to handle like a race car.... but it was good for what it was.

The tires and the rims was defenetly a big downfall. But i did bump up the PSI in the tires to about 39...cold which was about 40-41 hot. The break fluid by the end of the day was low...really low. Since then the breaks are sqeaking non stop...so i will change those out Under warantee from INFINITI for something better.

I ran with the VDC ON due to track. Like i mentioned there were a bunch of cars that kept spinning out ... and by the end of the day... track conditions were not as good as in the early stages. VDC did save me 2 times...when going into a turn i had my rear end slide out... with a M3 on my ***. So if i didnt have the vdc on .. M would have crashed into me. If i was at a different track and the roads were different VDC would have been off. Since i normally drive with it off in the city.

As far as breaking with motor/tranny well downshifting in other cars with tiptronic trannies felt different. when you down shift the car slows down...where in mine it feels like the revs jump but the car doesnt feel like its slowing down.

-- to the person that asked about tape.... the tape is there to protect the car. most people put tape on the car to prevent cracked headlights from rocks that might get picked up from the cars that go into the grass/off the track or just basic tire debree. It defenetly helped out... cuase i did find a bunch of smudges on the tape and some on the paint. TAPE is not used for airdynamics... unless you REALLY runing at highspeeds. But that wont matter till you toping 140+ since then you can use the tape to cover body panel gaps to elliminate unwanted turbulance which get under the hood and rip it off.

2003 G35C -soon to be moded-
2001 BB6 -moded-

Old 06-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Gspot,
Congrats, for a while it sounded like you were a track newbie. I am glad you provided further info and now we have a better idea what a stock coupe can do. tires and brakes, those are the two biggest items early on. Good luck on your next outing.

Sean

Better Life thru Chemistry
Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Goodyear F1 GS-D3's 225/55/17, Custom Intake Tube, HyperGround Kit, Magnaflow resonator.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:22 PM

Wait a second here buddy....I just came back from beaver run
running an EMRA time trial event in an 6mt g35....On street
tires I placed third behind am M3 and a Mustang GT...I actually had a set of slicks with me but could not use them because of the wrong spacers that were sent to me...With my slicks there is no question in my mind that I could have won the event....This track was actually intimidating but very rewarding....I had a lot of fun with my G and the series of esses after turn one was the most fun I've had on any road course...You need a six speed manual with the brembos to really exploit a track like Beaverun..By the way my lap times were in the 1m10s range....www.emraracing.org...

Old 06-21-2004, 09:54 PM

haha. i also use to own a prelude...

282785-lude1.jpg

Old 06-21-2004, 09:54 PM

2nd

282787-lude7.jpg