G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G Spanked a M3 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My G Spanked a M3 today

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

LOL... OK wait 'til someone Triple turbos their Ford Focus, then we'll see the look on your face when he is side by side with you the entire run. Or better yet, maybe the M3 driver should challenge him to a foot race.

<hr></blockquote>

That's probably been done many of times. There are tons of civics, SRT4s, WRXs with enough boost to take on G35c. So when the G35 gets beat people will say its only a civic or ugly and Civic driver will say G35 is overrated. "Paying extra to slap a Infiniti on a Nissan." There is always he says/she says. People are ignorant. Really no point arguing. At the end of the day its how much you earn really matters.

Of course, we will have a couple people say I had a m3 and ended up trading it in for a G35c cause its more practical. Likewise, its really how much you earn. If you were comfortable enough to own a m3 then it will be practical. Practicality depends on how much you earn too.

There's just too much hatred and emotional imbalance between drivers. People have to stomp on other people to make themselves feel better. We first have these snobby bimmer drivers who likes to look down on people because their cars are more expensive and faster. Second, we have g35c owners who's goal is to beat and M3 drivers and enjoy their suffering. That's demented, no? :-) Do you have to base your happiness on someone else's suffering? Can't you be happy just the way you are? Shrink is a good solution.

Ok, that's my rant. :-(

Old 06-29-2004, 08:32 PM

good kill........... i suppose. i love how all these guys are riding your jock. your car is heavily modded and you raced a brand new, stock m3... convertible no less. convertibles are heavy and slow. go race an m3 coupe that has been broken in.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:58 PM

When is the next meet, I heard about one that got canceled. PM me details if you have them.

Too many mods to list… Complete Web Site

Old 06-30-2004, 02:49 PM

With 390 RWHP I don't think It'll make a difference how broken in the Coupe/Convertible is. Sorry. Even if the M3 was blown, it would still lose. It's a very high tuned engine from the start. There's a valuable lesson to learn here. There's always someone faster out there no matter what you drive. The performance of the M3 is not even close to what can be reached in a street car. Get real and give the guy his props.

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech

Old 06-30-2004, 05:09 PM

It is a fact the 01 to 02 m3 had a defect in the engine but I don't know where people get the hard evidence that all m3 engine will break that easily. All of sudden everyone is an expert on the m3 engine and the verdict is in, "All e46 m3 motors are too sensitive to mod at all."

Even if the M3 was blown, it would still lose.

<hr></blockquote>

Well, I'd like to put Deang35c6's money where his mouth is. Here is an e46 m3 upgraded with Stage I that puts out around 400 at crank give results of, "1/4 mile time was 12.4 with a 112 trap speed." and the guy is still waiting results back from his stage III. (I am simply stating a blown m3 can be faster. So let's not bring out relability issues here. It will simply open another can of worms)

Linkie here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=223727

What amuses me is Deang35c6 said "Even if the M3 was blown, it would still lose." and then he said

There's a valuable lesson to learn here. There's always someone faster out there no matter what you drive.

<hr></blockquote>
Apparently, the lesson isn't learned yet.
hahahha

I did give the guy his prop! I said he has a very nice g35c and it is awful fast. Certainly will beat most stock m3 and look good at the same time. I think the lesson here is have respect for each other's cars. Clearly some people's opinion are biased but who am i to change their mind.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:42 PM

Dude,

Do the math 400 hp at the crank does not equal 390 RWHP! What is your background on cars, BTW? I have to question the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between crank hp and wheel hp.

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech

Old 06-30-2004, 07:49 PM

Yeah, what dean said!

and btw, I don't like the way new bmw's smell on the inside!

geezus, lighten up people this is a G forum, bimmer bashing is just fine here!

ugh!

Old 06-30-2004, 07:49 PM

Yeah, what dean said!

and btw, I don't like the way new bmw's smell on the inside!

geezus, lighten up people this is a G forum, bimmer bashing is just fine here!

ugh!

Old 06-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that we're talking about beating an M3 as an accomplishment is a compliment to it as the standard-bearer in the 4-seater sport coupe market.

--Steve

Old 07-01-2004, 01:28 AM

haha i couldnt agree more, this guy basically modded his g35 to the ultimate extreme and for all practical purposes destroyed the longevity of the life of his engine. (i dont care what anyone says, the g35 engine wasnt built to handle boost) It takes all of that to beat a stock m3, that says something about the m3. And that only beats an m3 in a straight line, i still believe that your super boosted g35 would lose to a stock m3 around a real track.

I love the g35 but we have an m3 in the family and someones gotta give the m3 its due respect.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:30 AM

Another thing, AA and DINAN are coming out with superchargers for the m3 within the next few months and both will be putting out horsepower in the 450+ range (crank). This nonsense about m3's being unable to handle any mods is just that, nonsense, Dinan wouldnt be matching the bmw warranty on their superchargers if they were all gonna blow up. The cases of m3 engine problems were due mainly to a few faulty parts in certain production months of 01 and 02 and were recalled.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 AM

so are you trying to say that a g35 cant keep up with an m3 on a track? The only place a m3 can pull on the g35 is on the straights, and with FI, id like to see it try.

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-01-2004, 01:49 AM

hmmmm, I think you should locate, download, and watch the Best Motoring video featuring the M3, G35C, and 350z around a road course. The M3 won and the G35C came in second. The M3 basically walked away from the G35c IN THE STRAIGHTS! I have no doubt that a FI G35c would 've won. If FI is all that bad, then why is there a super charger available for the M3? My guess is that M3 owners are aspiring to take on cars that would be other out of there league ie ZO6, CLK55 AMG, etc. Sounds like this is what the FI G35C owner did. Why is it bad for the G35 and not the M3?

Old 07-01-2004, 01:52 AM

its bad for the g35 and not the m3 because he's a hypocrite

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-01-2004, 08:56 AM

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if the M3 was blown, it would still lose.

There've been a few features on F/I M3's. The engine is already at such a high state of tune that further bolt-on tuning via boost hasn't produed the types of results most of us are accustomed to seeing in a F/I engine. Gains of 100+ RWHP don't happen at normal (5-6psi) of boost in the M3. I freely admit that you could take the engine to 14psi boost to get the 100 RWHP bump, but, uh, that would be disasterous considering the high compression ratio. Since we're basically talking about "bolt-ons" here, that's outside the scope of the debate.

If you want to go to 1 atm boosts and higher, then both cars would need serious internal mods at significant costs. Then you're into the project car category, and the VQ has more untapped potential than the e46 M3 engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G Spanked a M3 today