G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The 2005 is here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The 2005 is here...

I thought the point of the story was that his friend drives them off of the boats daily. He works at the docks.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 07-01-2004, 01:20 AM

Haha. This guy is bullsh*t.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:03 AM
WRAH

I believe he works at the docks.... I believe he saw the car.....

But at 12:30-1:00am you can just drive up and look at cars that are unloaded??? Thats what I want to know more about!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray

<font color=purple> WRAH ~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 07-01-2004, 05:03 PM

"Okay I believe you too, but here's the thing.... If these cars are coming from overseas, how is your friend allowed to simply walk and look in car on the dock.

I don't know anything about shipping, but what about customs? What keeps you guys from moving drugs missiles ext. out of cars that come into port? "

Gettin kind of off the G35 subject. Before 911 you could really walk onto any dock and look around there were no security guards at the gates. Maybe 1 out of every 1000 containers were checked for drugs or the such. Now after 911 we have ID cards or if the national threat level is low you can get on the docks showing a drivers License. Security is still a joke. If a ship comes in with 5000 cans they might not even check one. This is gonna be the way terrorists get a bomb or the such into the country.

Back to the g35. The nissan/infiniti lot is on the water which is right next to a public road. You can just drive by them. If the lot is full I have seen G35s parked about 15 feet from the fence next to the public road. My friend was working thats how he was able to see all this. All those G35s you guys are driving has been drivin by a dirty longshoreman first.

I am gonna go to the security guard and see if he can show me around if not I'll try to take some pics from the fence. I got a decent zoom on my camera. Even If I can't get the pics of the new G35 I'll get some pics to show ya guys how big this place is. It's many football fields with thousands of nissans/infiniti parked there. I would say it could easly hold 10k cars at once.

any more questions ill be glad to answer.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fact : 2005 G35 Sedan Prototypes are in LA for testing and filming commercials. 2005 G35 Sedan Prototypes are built in Japan through special hand-built assembly lines. These cars have to go through road tests in Japan and also in the US before the production line starts running. I have no doubt your friend saw a 2005 G35 sedan, but they might not be production cars.

Secondly, I am sick and tired of all these taunting threads of 2005 G35 sedan/coupe and M45s. This weekend I am going to fly cross country to LA and snap some quality pictures and end all these speculations once and for all.

History: March 2002 the Infiniti G35 Coupe prototype was shown in NYIAS. By June I was snapping spy pictures of actual G35C in Torrance area near Infiniti HQ and posting pics on Freshalloy. At that time, nobody even knew what the blue color was called and whether or not the 'sport' was going to be on the production model. It wasn't until 4 month later that the first G35C was sold at the dealership.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:54 PM

Sukairain, If you want me to show you the spot where the Nissan/infiniti are kept on the docks just let me know. I can do it during the day this next week sometime. I am about 10 minutes from Torrance you have the address of the Infiniti Headquarters?

Old 07-02-2004, 01:07 AM

Oh Badzim, I have been to Infiniti HQ so many times when the Coupe was first released that the security guards have my picture and license plate number to all three cars in my family. (No kidding) PM me the address of the dock and I'll be there on next week. Hopefully they don't have NSA guards at the port with M16 rifles and night vision goggles. One way or another I am seeing these new cars.

Old 07-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Banned

I will be a believer once I see the pictures. These "taunting" threads are always started by "newbies". Most are rumors and never materialize. Hence the reason we are skeptical.

<font color=green>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
</font color=green>

Old 07-02-2004, 10:48 AM

Whomever lives in the Torrance Area in Los Angeles, Drive by the Nissan HQ on 190th and Figueroa. Nissan got a shipment by truck of 5 sedan's and 3 coupe's, all 2005 from what i could tell as we drove by yesterday. They are parked on the west side of the building in the parking lot as your going east on 190th towards Figueroa.

I believe this guy as Nissan HQ always gets these cars first to test drive and fart around in and for commercial purposes as well.

Stillen Stage 2 Supercharger, Greddy Front Bumper, Stillen Carbon Fiber Hood, Injen SES Cat-back Exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, 18" Stock Chrome Wheels, Clear Corners

Old 07-02-2004, 11:16 AM

This was a rather lame string...if you guys read my post about G35 production ship/dates, it'd take a lot of ambiguity out this....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC BLACK

Old 07-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

"hhmm ya guys think these things just appear on show room floors? These things have to be loaded onto trains to hit all of america. they have to be checked to see if they took any damage on the voyage over. They have to be put in the computers and sorted out where they are going. This ship had 4000 nissans and infiniti on them. With I bet you still have a few thousand of the 2004s on the lots. When they come off the ship they arnt organized they are parked in rows of 10. So once thats done lets say they need the middle car, thats 5 cars they have to move to get to a car thats going to New york."

BADZIM - You are 100% CORRECT - I've worked for ACURA from 93-98 sales...I wasn't in LA but I did have a chance to visit the docks with the my GM and ACURA's District Rep Richmond, CA loading docks where the ships come in. We had a chance to tour the ship where they brought in hondas, toyotas, acuras, nissan, lexus's, and infiniti's at the time...
It was crazy seeing so many cars...When you're at the dock...same for LA and EAST CAST...these cars are lined up by models and colors usually in rows of 10+ or more at a time...

At the prep center, they keep them their for 3-6 months before they release it to the dealers...I remember we were there to get a glimpse of the 1996 3.5RL at the time in mid 1995. There were only a handul avaialble and they were for the dealer showrooms (we were not allowed to sell the demo car) it was only for display purposes...At the dock, they prep the cars and install the plastic over the leather seats and tape up the car for transport...The barcode on the sticker...That's how the dock mananger keeps track of inventory...

On the MSRP, they print it right then and there for each car, fill it up with a gallon of gas...and once they're prepped it's off to the dealership! Re: the new model release at the time the 1996 RL and SLX now that I remember, there was no $ on the MSRP...and it also stated that it was not to be "TEST DRIVEN" or to be sold...The wait time after the RL/SLX hit the showrooms, the wait was another 3-6 months...

Ok that's my $0.02...Can someone please post pics of the 05 exterior? I'm not to thrilled about the interior of the 05 and the bhp and perfomance and 19's not a biggie for me...

bobs - SF

Old 07-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

Oh yah...I've had a chance to visit INFINITI HQ in OCT's meet in LA. For the guys in s.cal x the street from HQ, there is a gated lot with INFINITI's press cars! When I was there, I remember seeing the QX and FX...When the 05 comes in, you might have a better chance of taking a pic of the car with the security guards permission... I remember zooming in with my camera to get pics of it...

ok that's it for now..

bobs - SF

Old 07-03-2004, 08:22 PM

Yo Badzim, where is the address to the port you were going to tell me about? I never got the PM.

btw: Went by Infiniti/Nissan HQ this morning~ Got a great time looking at the awesome JDM Nissan cars from all over the world. I saw the following:

1) Nissan Micra: Like a March but different front grill and LHD. 5 door hatch. It would make a great city car.

2) Nissan March 12SR: GREAT little car, I wish they would sell the car here. I'd love to buy one, slap on the body kit, some suspension work, and make it my track car. I love the exterior design of the car. The headlights, grill, character line. It also offers generous seating room for 4, and a fully usable trunk space.

3) Nissan Stagea: 2.5L engine, basicly a G35 station wagon. Saw this at the Japanese supermarket. The JDM rep took the RHD demo car out shopping without a license plate. This car must had a 3 foot extension from the rear wheel to create a huge trunk space. The front end design is more square, but I think the car would sell here in limited numbers.

4) Nissan Teana: (in the Medium Blue color) Great looking car~ Should have just brought this over and call it a Maxima. It's a beautiful conservative design. The interior is intriguing and very elegant. The passenger seat has a foot extension that makes it very comfortable, almost like a love seat. Seat cushions are very soft and comfortable. I love the memory foam type headrest they use on this car. I might order a set of black Teana headrests for my coupe. However, similar to other Nissans, it looks great on pictures but doesn't feel as solid as Lexus interior or Germans. For example, the beautiful wood trim looks very good on picture, but one knock and you'd know it's hard plastic. The same goes for the door panels. Still, this car is bounds better looking than the US Maxima inside out.

5) Nissan Premiera: Nice exterior design, also a station wagon. Other wise a pretty 'bread and butter' car.

6) Nissan El Grande: Awesome VIP style van~ I love the styling of this car. Seats 8 people, looks bad ***, a personal mini bus with a mean face.

7) Nissan Presage: Why can't the Quest look like this? The JDM version looks much cleaner and smoother.

8) Nissan Skyline 350GT in its unique purple-blue color.....

Anyways, tons of cars, but no signs of 2005 G35, M45, G35C or Q45. The new color on the G35C (Medium blue) looks pretty good on the Teana. It's flaky like CB but more blue and less teal. It is more classy looking than CB, and more luxurious. That's all for now. Pictures will come when I have time to upload them.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:36 PM

You saw a 350GT in midnight purple?!?!?! Will that be an optional color for 2005 G35?!?!?!

Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 AM

No, but the Teana Medium Blue will be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The 2005 is here...