G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

cant decide on tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant decide on tint

hey guys im either getting a dg coupe or a black one and want tint. i live in washington and ive heard that the legal limit is 20-35%, and federal way(area that i live in) has cops everywhere. i also drive a lot so i was thinking about 25%, what do you guys think? its gonna be black interior too. i dont wanna be hassled with cops and court/tickets either. just look good lol.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 AM
I have had 20% (all around) on all my cars and never ran into any problems. I think it's the perfect percentage...not too light and not too dark. Legal limit here in VA is 50% front and 35% rear.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:07 AM
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN WASHINGTON?
Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Washington, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window. *Anything under 25% risks your vehicle being impounded*
• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
• Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
• Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
• Rear Window Must allow more than 50% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN WASHINGTON?
Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

• Front Side Windows Must be non-reflective.
• Back Side Windows Must be non-reflective.

OTHER WASHINGTON RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.
• Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
• Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using ceritified film.
• Sticker Requirements The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on the driver’s side window.
• Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you're safe as long as you're within legal limits. Had to tear mine off when going in for State Inspections, due to them being too dark...

Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Go to the legal limit wateva ur aloud. Them black interior get hot as hell escpecially if there leather owwwiiiiiie

Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 AM
well, for starters it all depends on how many times you plan on getting pulled over. I have limo tints on my car (all windows but windshield), but i also live in Chicago, and the cops dont hassle me much at all. I live very close to the suburbs and drive through them everyday for work. Most cops will run my plates and check to see if i have a clean record, and then as always theres the cops that dont care and pull you over instantly. If you want to get out of every tint ticket, you will have to get a doctors note from your eye doctor (if you have one) and have them write that you have "corneal and retinal detachment, and are required to have tinted windows and wear sunglasses" that is the exact way my note is written, and it works every time. (ive even gone to court and showed the judge the note and it was dropped)I heard Illinois is coming out with a new "law" . People who actually need the tint for a eye problem will have a T somewhere on your license plate so that cops know you are required to have tints. I know this is alot to take in but if i were you id just tint the back windows and leave the fronts untouched, that will leave you out of all the hassle and trouble if you did get pulled over.Our just tint them whatever your states legal limit is. Around here $75.00 tickets each time you get pulled over isnt great.

Danny

Last edited by 06RatedG; 03-26-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey man, i live in WA as well...in lakewood where the cops are a PITA!
never had a single problem with tint, i think because its so common thats its virtually impossible to stop and especially with the violence around the area, they have better things to do. I have 15% and 5% in the back...you should be fine with anything

Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 AM
yea i think im going to go with 25% all around

Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Tint %

I'd go with the 25% Tint but make sure when you're driving around leave the shade on your sunroof open to allow more light in your car. Police want to be able to see who's driving, with the dark tint like 5% you're sure to get a ticket. G/L
Gary

Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RatedG
well, for starters it all depends on how many times you plan on getting pulled over. I have limo tints on my car (all windows but windshield), but i also live in Chicago, and the cops dont hassle me much at all. I live very close to the suburbs and drive through them everyday for work. Most cops will run my plates and check to see if i have a clean record, and then as always theres the cops that dont care and pull you over instantly. If you want to get out of every tint ticket, you will have to get a doctors note from your eye doctor (if you have one) and have them write that you have "corneal and retinal detachment, and are required to have tinted windows and wear sunglasses" that is the exact way my note is written, and it works every time. (ive even gone to court and showed the judge the note and it was dropped)I heard Illinois is coming out with a new "law" . People who actually need the tint for a eye problem will have a T somewhere on your license plate so that cops know you are required to have tints. I know this is alot to take in but if i were you id just tint the back windows and leave the fronts untouched, that will leave you out of all the hassle and trouble if you did get pulled over.Our just tint them whatever your states legal limit is. Around here $75.00 tickets each time you get pulled over isnt great.

Danny
you're wrong about the ticket. chicago here just raised up to a 250 dollar fine for tints.

I ran 20% fronts and 5% rears in my previous car and rarely got hassled with it, right now on my G I have no tint but with a stone/black interior I may just get 30% to be 'safe'.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by TofuProductions
you're wrong about the ticket. chicago here just raised up to a 250 dollar fine for tints.

I ran 20% fronts and 5% rears in my previous car and rarely got hassled with it, right now on my G I have no tint but with a stone/black interior I may just get 30% to be 'safe'.
Damn! Thank god i have that doctors note. 250 per ticket is ridiculous, i wouldnt even hesitate not getting tints if i diidnt have the note.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 AM
20% looks good

Old 03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
I agree with Jen about the 5% tints. I just got them yesterday and I love it.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RatedG
Damn! Thank god i have that doctors note. 250 per ticket is ridiculous, i wouldnt even hesitate not getting tints if i diidnt have the note.
I've heard though some police will still harass you here in Chicago even if you have the note. I know you can get a "window tint -plate" with that note or something..
I want to get tint badly but don't want to run the issue of getting pulled over.
my previous car attracted a lot of attention both + and - from the police and they would usually throw in the tint as a warning, never had a ticket for it though and don't want to knock on wood though..

If you can, find out for me if there is a doctor I can go to for that note, my eye doctor refuses to do it for me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cant decide on tint