G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealership Hurt Her!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Oh man, this can be frustrating! You not havin any good luck with the body kits huh? Hows your nismo holding up?
At least you getting new and better sides.
You should post this in the DFW section, so that everybody knows.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
^^retarded? really? maybe you havent been to infiniti dealerships or by some random act of God the infiniti dealerships near you are actually DECENT.. don't be so quick to call a person retarded if you don't know what they have been through.. infiniti dealerships from my experience (in socal, with the exception of riverside) need to have their performance and customer support checked.. REAL badly
k tard, you must have been through a lot

Old 04-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys are great! I had to laugh as it seems like others are more upset about this happening to me than I am! Yeah, it sucks but SH** happens and all I can do is work toward a resolution.

Maybe it would be a different story if they said they didn't do it but I was thinking... how would I prove they did it? I don't have any "before service" pictures and "after service" pictures... it could have happend when I drove over a speed bump for all I know... well, I know it didn't happen under my control but how do I prove that. I think it is a true showing of character that they stepped up and said, "Hey, we F***ed up.. how can we make it right for you, the customer?" For me, that means a heck of a lot more than the fact that they broke it in the first place. In fact, (if they actually follow through and fix this) it will be yet one more reason I continue to go to Sewell Infiniti instead of Crest (locals know the two dealerships). I have had a lesser, but similar issue happen with Crest and they said it wasn't their fault... must have been a pre-existing issue.

As of now the dealer is saying they are having trouble contacting the manufacturer which I find hard to believe as Eric responded within 15 mins!!! Speaking of wich... Daym... that is some good service! He responded, suggested multiple solutions (including having bodyshop fix existing skirts so I wouldn't have to wait on the ordering of new ones). I am nothing but impressed with him!

Anyhow, updates to come when further info is available!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Yea, Erics stuff is really good. He is hella backed up right now though. I just ordered my new front bumper and its gonna be several weeks before it arrives at my shop. M1 just shipped my KS sides at the same price as Erics, communication was a bit slow, but product was good. Will have all my new parts painted and on next tuesday....well a few of them anyways

Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
^^retarded? really? maybe you havent been to infiniti dealerships or by some random act of God the infiniti dealerships near you are actually DECENT.. don't be so quick to call a person retarded if you don't know what they have been through.. infiniti dealerships from my experience (in socal, with the exception of riverside) need to have their performance and customer support checked.. REAL badly
If yur having probs with the dealership squack to infiniti usa...the dealerships hate that crap...

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eah026000
haha, I am actually not that upset with them. Everyone makes mistakes and it is how you handle your mistakes that I care about. If they do make this right, replace the skirts and they look good on the car then I have no ill thoughts about the dealership.

I do worry about their ability to install aftermarket equipment though... I guess their bodyshop has knowledge of such installs... but then again, maybe not. I might call today and find out if I can just order the parts and have them installed at a shop of my choosing with them footing the bill.... We shall see!
See if they will pay for someone else to install your side skirts. They did collision work on my G35 a while back and did a sh*tty job. If not, ask who will be doing your install and how much experience that person has.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
One more reason NOT to go to Infiniti for anything, mechanic obviously wasn't paying attention! Referring to them as mechanics
is a full on stretch, the mechanics at my dealership were washing cars a year ago....so much for training!
Gary
never had a problem at Riverside.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
never had a problem at Riverside.

I was considering using the dealership in Montclair since that's where I purchased my car. I think I will use the Riverside dealership since I live in Riverside and you guys speak so highly of it.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 AM
OP, that's a great attitude to have regarding your situation... Sure, they f***ed up but it's how they handle the problem that is telling of their character... Good luck and post updates...

Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, call Friday said they ordered parts and would be in 2 weeks from now... which was expected as Eric said they were on backorder.... Just not sure of their ability to get the install right. I guess I can keep complaining if I don't like it and at some point they will give in and let me take it to a bodyshop if they can't get it right.... So far getting information out of them hasn't been so easy... the guy couldn't even confirm they got the set I wanted from Eric or if it might be from another place.... Fingers crossed!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Location: Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacled advertising droids!!!
It sounds like they're taking good care of your situation for now. I do agree that some people here are overreacting, but good luck.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by koksik86
sue? are you retarded.

the dealership manned up to their mistake and offered to replace what was broken at no cost. he's getting new side skirts regardless. and even if they didn't want to replace the sideskirts and you sued them in court, you won't ever get more than what you are out.
agreed. Why sue if they are taking care of the customer. thats why they make you sign a truckload of paperwork, for fear of being sued...my dealer (Elk Grove) has been nothing but helpful during my whole Infiniti experience. They even paid cash for my gas ($100) when I drove down to buy the G, and gave me directions to the local skatepark! Act professional=treated professional.. Act *******=treated *******

Old 04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Nearly 1 week down, 1 week to go before the parts come in.... Then the real fun begins!

Ok, so here is another part of the story that I might need a little advice on:

While I was standing there waiting for the Tech, the bodyshop guy that works for the dealership came by (he didn't know anything about the situation). Lets call him Frank and the Tech is Troy.

Ok, so while waiting for Troy to come back, Frank walks by and points at the broken skirt... I tell him about them breaking it here and they are already looking into getting new skirts for me. Frank says "Well, in that case they will probably have me do the work on it." and then starts looking at the rest of the kit.

***side note, for those that don't know, I had a bad time with the original bodyshop I went to getting this kit installed. See here:https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...-bodyshop.html ****

So Frank looks around and starts pointing out little flaws in the work that was done and attempts to explain how it should be done... blah, blah, blah... He then points out little rock chips in the front bumper.

He then says, "Now don't get me in trouble, but I tell you what, since I will have your car already, how about I just go ahead and paint the front bumper for you while it is in here for $300."

Right about now Troy walks in and Frank says "Troy, we were just talking about him maybe getting the front bumper painted at the same time, how much would that cost, about $600?"

Troy agrees with "You would know how much work, you are the guy that would be doing it."

Frank smiles and says, "See what I'm telling you, man to man, you got me, YOU GOT ME?" (he then shakes my hand) I understand where he is going with this, but to be honest with ya, I really don't want to even spend another $300 on this kit. I would rather put it toward something new and better from the start. But to be on the safe side I have called original bodyshop and have an appointment with them to see if they can fix some of the paint issues (runs and flaking) as they have a "Lifetime" warranty on the paint.

My question for you guys is, how do I get Frank to not paint the front and not expect me to pay him under the table? I am afraid that simply telling the tech when I bring the car back would be expected (by Frank) as he thinks he is doing me a favor by helping me avoid the $600 bill and only charging me $300 cash on pickup. I am not sure if I will be able to meet with Frank before he works on my car when I bring it back for the skirts so I really am unsure how to best handle it!

Advice?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Call frank b4 u take the car in there..u better discuss it with him b4 they do any work. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by gr8huntr
Call frank b4 u take the car in there..u better discuss it with him b4 they do any work. Good luck!
... I don't actually know what "Frank's" real name is.... haha... I was thrown off by the situation and didn't take time to remember his name...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership Hurt Her!