G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled over for tinted windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled over for tinted windows

Going to work NB on Azusa Ave. in Azusa, CA and got pulled over for tinted window this at 7:30am on Saturday. WTF? Wasn't even speeding or anything. CHiP turned around just to give me a citation for the tint. Didn't even say anything about the fact that I didn't have my front plate on. Told me that there can't be any tinting on the front two windows. Marked the correctable portion 'no'. Anyone got a tinting citation lately? What was the fine? Anyway to get out of it? Can I get a friend's cop friend to sign it off and not have to remove the tint?

Old 07-04-2004, 03:13 AM
Re: Pulled over for tinted windows

Oh yeah. I barely have 30% tint and you can still see inside and outside with not prob. While he was giving me the citation, 3 or 4 cars passed by with limo tint. I'm shaking my head and saying WTF?

Old 07-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmmm.....

i got a citation several weeks back, but the cop marked it correctable. i'm up in northern california.

i got the notice a couple of days ago, $110 fine or $10 with proof of correction. anybody know a cop who can help me out

i also have 30% charcoal tint.

if he marked the ticket not correctable, i think you're [censored] out of luck my friend. not only will you have to pay the $110 fine, but you'll also need proof you removed the tint. this is my understanding based on some other posts.

it sucks...but like James says, you just gotta see the tint tickets like an annual car registration fee, something you have to be pay on a regular basis.

oh...i got mine at 11:30 pm. everytime i leave work now, i roll both windows down, even if its 50 degrees outside

Old 07-04-2004, 11:20 AM

Pulled over for a window tint. That's horrible. Good ole Georgia is the only state right now that doesn't have a tint law.

99 Supercharged PY Civic SI 13.8@101mph
03 BO G35 xx@xxmph...to be continued...

Old 07-05-2004, 11:45 AM

CA veh. code 40610 says correctable violation issued unless any of the three: evidence of fraud or persistent neglect, immediate safety hazard, or can't promptly correct the violation.
Window tint doesnt fit any of those criteria, so ticket should have been marked correctable. Contest it in court!

hometown.aol.com/v35skylinepnoy
Sactown Cali

<font color=purple>KINGS</font color=purple>

Old 07-05-2004, 12:05 PM

immediate safety hazard

Tint is an immediate saftey hazard. The reason its illegal in so many places (especially jersey) is for the protection of the officer who pulls you over. Back in 83, a NJ Trooper pulled over a car on the parkway with southern plates and was greeted by a 12 gage behind 5% tint. If your gonna play the game, make sure you willing to pay the fines.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 07-05-2004, 02:28 PM

Ok, i can understand the safety hazard if he was pulling me over for doing something illegal, such as speeding or whatever. I was going under the speed limit , turned in the proper lane, even though I was late for work. I can understand a police officer looking out for his safety, but to pull someone over for tinted window and 3 or 4 cars pass by while he was give me a citation seems to be a waste of time. Didn't asked me if I had any weapons in the car. Didn't aske me to check the trunk. So he was suspicious of me don't anything illegal or carrying anything illegal, so why pull me over the tint if I wasn't doing anything wrong. Could it be that he's trying to meet his quota. WTF? How many times have all of us drive by a cop with our tinted windows roled up and that cop did do anything? That vehicle code needs to change and be more specify, such as limo tint, when the cops can't see inside. My tint offer unobstructive viewing and no distortion and didn't hinder my ability to see outside or the cops ability to see inside. Anyways, just wanted to vent.

Thanks Guys.

Old 07-05-2004, 04:09 PM

Bottom line is tough shiz.

It really depends on the cop. My roommate had the same situation...just driving normal with tinted windows and a cop chased him down and pulled him over and told him that tint was his pet peeve or somthing, and ANY time he saw a car with tinted windows he would pull them over. Honestly, I think its a load of BS but it just depends on where a cops priorities are I guess and you got the crappy one.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6MT
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 07-05-2004, 04:19 PM

fight the ticket, or see a judge about it, plead your case, and he'll make it correctable. I did that when I had no front license plate and blue lights int he front. it was marked Not Correctable but i fought it and only had to correct plus pay like 30 bucks

Old 07-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I live so close to Azusa...(just about a mile away). Whenever I drive on that street, I have to have my windows down. There are cops hidden on that street. Even at 7:30am when I have to pick up my gf waiting at the toyota dealer....have my windows down.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn i live close to there also. i've always been driving with my windows up.
gonna start driving with my windows down immediately!

Old 07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Team Transport Member

Get a Dr's note saying you need it for your eyes you should be able to get off with 30% thats BS man its like $10 for fix it ticket but the hassel of taking it off and on it ends up being like 60 or 70. and go to court its correctable F*CK the CHP its the end of the month remember they have to meet their quota.... I used to get tint tickets all the time on Sunset its like $10 for the ticket plus removing it ot you pay like 110 or 150 and you dont have to take it off and put it back on

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 07-06-2004, 03:58 PM

Just move to Louisiana...not only do they not care down here...you can run from 'em....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC BLACK

Old 07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha.... im in texas and my good friend was in an organization called the Explorers (its kinda for screw ups) that the constables in my town run. They are basically like jr. cops that go around with the constables and hang out and help with stuff. My friend has a z71 and could not find a place that would do an illegal tint for him, so he had the constable take it in to the shop where he got his car done (its legal for cops to have darker tints), and have his truck done for him haha. It was the head constable here and if i ever get pulled over by a constable in my area i'll just lie and be like "constable holyfield is the one who got this tint done for me......" and get off with a warning haha. Unfortunatly around here the constables are reallyc ool and dont give tickets for stuff like that anyways, its the sheriffs that suck. I know of at least 10 warnings that constables have given, but there have been ZERO from sheriffs. I got pullled over for drifting a turn at about 35mph and getting sideways, and then 75mph in a 40, then i turne dinto my neighborhood without signalling, didnt have my registration sticker on, didnt have a front plate, didnt have my insurance on me, and the constable let me go with a warning..... i have since gotten my registration sticker, an insurance slip and dont drift and signal. I still speed and dont have a front plate tho lol. (the reason id idnt have insurance or my registration sticker on was because the car was pretty new and id dint have the slip and just hadnt put the sticker on yet.) my papers had been expired about a week and i had just put on my permenant plates that afternoon right before i went to dinner and then got pulled over on the way home from dinner.

By the way... if u get pulled over, grab ur radar detectors and throw them to the floor haha. the cops said he had never let anyone go with a radar in the windshield and that i was the first one just cause i was so polite and had not tickets or written warnings. He didnt even write me a warning..... just a verbal one.

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas