G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP! My tires WON'T chirp!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! My tires WON'T chirp!!!

Hey fellas..

Been two weeks since i had the car. I've got about 1400 miles on it. In my eyes i was driving it pretty hard but yet, no tires chirping? Is it cuz i'm still driving like a woman? Should i punch it harder? Just wondering if i got a slow version or whatnot.

I know it's funny... some guys come up in here and ask if it's bad to chirp through gears. Here, i'm complaining about not chirping.

Thanks guys...

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Navigation |

Old 07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Re: HELP! My tires WON'T chirp!!!

I think you gottta put some mre miles on it. Try again at @ 3500. I've seen 6MT's chirp pretty easily. My AT chirps sometimes (not from 2-3 but sometimes from a roll in 1st).

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 07-08-2004, 12:44 PM

I think it IS because you're driving like a woman.

Seriously, Make sure VDC is "off", take the tach up to redline and shift as fast as you can while maintaining 3/4 throttle. This will result in a nice chirp in 2nd and 3rd. For a 6mt, mileage on the car has nothing to do with it. It's how the car's power is being put down.

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech

Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 PM

Are you saying hold the throttle at 3/4 the whole time????? If so, this is called power shifting, and what the hell would possess you to do this with a G35, let alone on the street. Powershifting is for 1/4 mile or straight aways.....it is HORRIBLE for a stock transmission. Keep it up, Infiniti will be putting a new tranny in your car before you know it. To chirp second, just shift to second, hard, and get on the gas as the clutch engages, do not hold the gas down as you shift, your tranny will not like you a few thousand down the road.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM

I think you should let someone who you consider to be a good driver get a shot at it. My car has been 'chirping' from day-one. In fact, I wouldn't even call it chirping from 1-2, it's more like peeling out! The 2-3 shift is a chirp...

You might try resetting your ECU if you've been driving "like a woman" too long.

04, TB/W, Nav, Aero, 6MT, etc...

Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Banned

Have you tried spraying WD40 on the tires?

From the mouth of J. McEnroe "you cannot be serious"

<font color=green>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
</font color=green>

Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Banned

Have you tried spraying WD40 on the tires?

From the mouth of J. McEnroe "you cannot be serious"

<font color=green>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
</font color=green>

Old 07-08-2004, 02:18 PM

You're just not good driving your car..I can chirp tires from 1-2, 2-3 and sometimes 3-4th gear..or either you or your car is broken or something....

|04'G35c 6mt| R.I.P 03'Is300 Boosted|<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Nismo_G35c on 07/08/04 11:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-08-2004, 02:41 PM

The guy wants to chirp his tires. I agree there are different methods, but if he can't figure it out, what makes you think he can shift that quickly? By the way, I took delivery of my Coupe in December 2002, and currently have 40k miles on her. You need to go where I've been my friend.

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech

Old 07-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a friend who taught me how to drive stick.... now he thinks he's like god behind the wheel (and i have to give him props for ebing a good driver (fast driver too), but he always critiques my driving now when im in the car with him. I am a lot easier on my car than he was on his m3. By the tiem he put 5 thousand miles on his car, he couldnt launch because his clutch wouldnt grab until his car redlined if he droppped it from about 3-4k, his tires were like slicks, and he broke a suspension (mount?) maybe because he was having a nice little drift session in a parking lot for about 45 minutes. He is a big believer in the "power shift" as u called it... and when i do that my car does leap a lot harder forward, but i can just FEEL my clutch dieing. I do the method of taking my foot off the gas and letting the revs drop as fast as possible and shift quickly. If u can shift fast enough (i can so it cant be THAT hard lol), then ur revs will drop from redline to about 5.5k and then when u pop ur clutch and slam the gas back down, it will jump down to 4-4.5k or so. I doubt that this 1k drop in revs when the clutch grabs in its new gear is nearly as bad as a 6.5 -4k drop. My friend trys to tell me that what im doing is harder on the tranny and that how he does it, it will wear on the clutch and not the tranny. I know that he knows a LOT about cars and stuff, but i dont htink he understands how things work quite as well as me. Its like the difference between a straight A student reading a concept and understanding (me) and a C student (him) reading and thinking he understands. I'm not saying that im right, but i just feel like i do a lot of reading on stuff and understand a lot better how things work than he does.

(he also told me that its a good idea to not rev match when down shifting and jsut to let my clutch out slowly and also told me that riding my clutch when stopped in an uphill slope is a good way to be able to not stall out)... those are just a few of the things that i dont listen to hm on... i can start out uphill with letting my clutch out almost to where it grabs and switching quickly to gas from break without rolling back or stalling, and i rev match and heel toe all the time because it feels like its a lot better for my clutch (prolly worse for my syncros tho....)My way of thinking on that is that if my clutch is burnt up in 20k miles my dad will be pissed and make me pay for it.... if i mess up my syncros the dealer will tell him that i was rev matching in downshifts without double clutching (which i do sometimes but am not good at, so i just practice every so often).

with the way that a nissan clutch grabs, u should chirp on accident sometimes lol... i know that i do. Just rev it to redline in first gear and slap it in 2 and pop the clutch out.... it'll chirp for sure (without holding the gas down)

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-08-2004, 03:39 PM

Coming from England, I feel that in America like in Europe everyone should have to take their drivers test in a manual car. =)

As for hill starts, use your handbrake, thats what its for.

As for slowing the car down by downshifting, always match revs. It puts a horrible strain on the engine and transmission when revs are not matched.

2003 white G35 Coupe
Mods: Pro 1- Intake and exhaust, tanabe springs, 19" ROH Drift R wheels

Old 07-08-2004, 03:44 PM

To go along with what most others said...Its DEFINITELY your driving, unless you have some type of defect which I doubt...I have experienced, as someone else already mentioned that the 1st-2nd shift isn't even a chirp, its more like my entire back end wiggles loose "a peel out"...Then I get a nice chirp from 2nd-3rd...Take it to redline, shift and then punch the hell out of your gas...You should def get a chirp...O yea and make sure you turn VDC off but be sure to turn it back on when your done with the straight away unless your comfortable with it off through the twisties...G'luck

Old 07-08-2004, 05:47 PM

So instead you give him advice on how to ruin his car. The worst wear you can do to your clutch besides hill-holding is coming into a gear at 6K when it wants to be at 4.5 K. You could have been wherever you wanted or whatever your refering to, its still bad for the car. If you cant chirp second in this car with the VDC off you don't belong driving stick. If your powershifting on the street, your overdriving your car. If your chirping 2-3 and 3-4 on the street, again your overdriving your car. If you think theres nothing wrong with abusing a car like this, I hope you either have a thick back pocket or parents with one. Quit living life 9 seconds at a time and learn to drive on the street properly. Sorry if anyone takes offense to this, but its the gods honest truth.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:46 PM

Explain this to me, why would you want to " Chirp " your tires? When tires chirp traction is lost resulting in higher times and premature tire wear. Just a question.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:57 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I want a 6sp Drive your car hard!!!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! My tires WON'T chirp!!!