G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

BS speeding ticket... what do i DO!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:08 PM
|
BS speeding ticket... what do i DO!?

Today i was on my way back from taco cabbanna with 2 of my friends.... I pulled out and was on a road that is 55mph speed limit... the road is always empty so EVERYONE speeds. My friend was beside me going about 75 mph and i was going about 90.... my friend in the car was just like... a state trooper just turned around... i slowed down adn was like [censored]...... He flipped on his lights and i pulled over (thinking i was about to get arrested for 90 in a 55.... i have a nice uniden radar detector that has saved me several times.... my friend had a passort 8500 in his car... neither went off. The cop called me behind the car, took my 2 friend's driver's licenses too, and went to write me a ticket. He was said "i pulled you over for exceeding the speedlimit and i was thinking O [censored]... he says "you were going 75 in a 55 zone..." at this point i KNEW he didnt clock me.... i realize that i was doing something worse and should consider myself lucky or whatever... but still... he DIDNT CLOCK ME. There were 2 cops and one walked to the front of the car and yelled "no front plate". The cop realized my driver's license was expired (june 30th). I asked to see his radar and he said "i am not required by law to show it to you" with a huge [censored] smirk on his face. I kept argueing and told him that i KNEW he didnt clock me... the 2nd cop tryed to explain that "clocking" isnt the correct term and this was when i really went off. The cop had already noticed anything he could give me a ticket for, so i figured i had nothing to lose... I argued a long time and said over and over that i wasnt going 75 and that they didnt radar me. He then got down to the "speed" box on the ticket and asked "how fast WERE you going" i said that i was going about 55 and he got pissed and just wrote 75. (i probably could have gotten off with saying 65 or something and he woulda written it, but i guess it pissed him off when i wouldnt admit guilt. I finally just got to the point where they told me "we arent going to hold court on the side of the road." He kept saying that he hit me with his radar and told me to shut up.... i told him that if he showed me the radar i would stop argueing and get back into my car.... he then said "well i passed you on the other side of the road and ESTIMATED your speed at about 72 to 73 mph". He told me to go back to my car and leave..... he forgot about my front plate not being there so i decided that i should probably leave before he wronte a 3rd ticket. WTF should i do about this? i told myd ad that i was going 65 ( i didnt think the " I WAS DOING 90... I KNOW HE DIDNT GET ME! arguement would work). I want to fight this bullshit.... its such bullshit... i dont believe a crime is a crime unless you get caught.... what should i do to argue my case in court? I mean... he admitted that i didnt get clocked and he was going to write down a diffferent speed if i admitted to speeding a different speed than i was acutally going.... what the hell should i do... this is sooooooo dumb

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:14 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Re: BS speeding ticket... what do i DO!?

Although he was a dick and all, you were still speeding and didnt have a front plate. you should not be surprised you would get pulled over for speeding and they dont need to clock you to pull you over. Lets say your going 160 pass a cop thats outside his car or in it with no radar, he has every right to pull you over. Cops are also trained to estimate your speed without a gun. Try and get out of it.!!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:22 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I must say that even I can tell the difference between a car going 60 and a car going 90, just by looking at it relative to its surroundings. You got lucky as-is, so own up to the fact that you screwed up, smile, and eat the ticket.

btw, radar detectors don't always, always work. I was riding in my friend's 330 with a V1, and we passed one of those "you are going x miles an hour" signs, and it read his speed perfectly, yet he never even got so much as a blip. Makes you wonder.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:32 PM
|

2 $300 radar detectors didnt go off... and i used that as my arguement until he finally ADMITTED that he estimated my speed. I think the reason that he estimated my speed at 75 was my friend was going 70ish around me and he probably thot that the tundra was doing the limit and that i was going 25mphish faster....WTF seriously such a duesch bag. I'm going to fight it and say that he could not accurately estimate my speed (which is obvious since he said 75 when i was going 90)

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:37 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Were you speeding?

<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:45 PM

Thats Texas State Troopers, I live up in Dallas, and we have this one Turnpike where they just wait for you and they were staggerd like every 2 miles, they had a speed trap set up on this turnpike where everyone does like 80 and if you're goin 61MPH (speed is 60) your get pulled over. They've left this area now and are not so concetrated on this one turnpike but man for like 6 months you have to watch every overpass or turn because they are there, they just wanna write a freakin ticket

2004.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black Osbidian / Graphite
Soon:
<font color=red> Injen CAI, Crawford Plenum, Kinetix Cats, Greddy EVO 2 Exhaust, Nismo 19" Wheels, JDM Badging</font color=red> <font color=blue> Custom Carputer</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SuperRacer on 07/09/04 07:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:02 PM

You were driving 90 mph. Out of date plates. And you're bitching.
Umm... As a father of four kids, I just hope you aren't in Austin, because you're too damn stupid to drive. I don't want anyone as self-centered (you don't give a f**k WHO you kill with your childish behavior) anywhere near my family or me. Personally I hope the judge takes away your license. Individuals such as yourself, who get on these forums to try and posture as super-human and above reason (and the law) are a total waste of space. This forum is for individuals who have a passion for the G35- not total idiots like you who want to rant because you were caught being a fool.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:18 PM

You should be lucky you got written up for a 75 instead of 90. 90 could have really hurt. He didn't have to clock you at all, he knew you were speeding, which you were, and he pulled you over. THEN you try to lie to him. I dunno man, just eat the ticket. Plus, you also had other minor infractions. Take it as a lucky break instead of making it so superfluous.

'04 Ivory Pearl G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:40 PM

'Consider yourself lucky' doesn't really apply in this case. You were ticketed for the wrong offense, without any evidence. Fight it in court and you will win, just make sure to bring your friends as witnesses. Do not, and I mean do not, admit to ANYTHING. It is their burden to prove your guilt, not the other way around.

Is it really not required by law that the officer show you the radar gun?

Get the officer under oath and you will win, if he is lying about using his radar.

-Chris

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:46 PM

It's not the wrong offense. He was ticketed for speeding, something that he did do.

'04 Ivory Pearl G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:48 PM

PS: You come on a public forum and ADMIT to 90 mph? Where 10 million people can read it. So can the Judge. This is akin to the guy who robbed a 7-11 and went on a public forum on AOL and bragged about it. Guess what happened.

DUH...........

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:01 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

a) It is not necessary for police to show you radar, no.

b) Officers are allowed to judge speed visually, and are trained to do so. This is perfectly admissable in court, and is pretty common.

c) You can take it to court, of course. If the officer doesn't show, you're fine. They'll usually plead it down, but something tells me the officer already was a little leanient with you, and really wanted to ticket you for going faster, but knew you'd throw a sh*t fit, regardless.

G

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:09 AM

I dont understand your argument... You were speeding. Going very fast... cop catches you speeding... gives you a ticket for you going 75 when you were going 90.. Shouldn't you just feel very lucky and happy?

I dont mean to make you mad, just my opinion so please no flames.

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:11 AM

Judging by this and other posts you've made, my guess is you'll be dead by the end of the year. Stall long enough, and you won't have to pay the fine. I pray that when you do kill yourself, you don't take anyone with you.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:23 AM

And by the way, the cop can lie to YOU all he wants. It only matters once you get to court. And visually estimating speed is perfectly legal (at least in California).

F.Y.A.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BS speeding ticket... what do i DO!?