G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Re: BS speeding ticket... what do i DO!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 10:04 AM
|

He was ticketed for the wrong offense, going 70 something in a 55. The correct offense was going 90 in a 55.

'Speeding' is the general category that he violated, but he was technically charged with the wrong offense. It is the same as being charged with 1st degree murder, but not being convicted because you were really guilty of 2nd degree murder, because you didn't act with malice.

Who knows if it will matter, but being charged with the wrong offense and really being guilty of another, does not make the wrong charge correct.

-Chris

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:28 PM

the thread was closed for a reason.. just leave it alone

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:53 PM

yeah man... ive sent out some pm's to people (the mod who closed it) trying salvage what little respect i still have on these boards and such. I WAS pissed off really bad when i was making those posts because i hadnt talked to my father yet about it. I told him what happened (that i was really going about 15 mph faster). No G for me for a month, i have to pay the ticket, and for defensive driving, and i will have to pay for any insurance price difference that we get. My dad is really big on respecting authority and was more upset that i would argue with a police officer than the fact that i got the ticket. He did say that i'm old enough to deal with this and take care of it myself and although he would like me to plee no contest, he will not make me. The only thing that he was happy about was the fact that i didnt try to hide the fact that i got the ticket (i could have gone to court and taken care of it and paid it myself without him knowing) and he was happy that i told him right after it happened and didnt go out partying with my friends. He was happy about the fact that i was honest about it and ended up telling him the truth (even tho i told him the wrong speed originally). He knows that i have always been someone to be pissed about when there is a WRONG and to be upset about moral principle of things. It's not really a quality that he likes about me, he said he has to respect it a little bit, and the fact that i would rather stand up for something i believe in rather than just sit back and take it when i feel something is wrong.

topic is closed.... no more replies are needed. If you have something important to say to me that you feel i should hear, send me a pm and i will be more than happy to read it and respond

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-10-2004 | 04:56 PM

The truth? you told him u went 15mph over the speed limit...but weren't you doing 90mph in 65 zone?....Am I bad at subtracting or those numbers just don't have the difference of 15mph?

Old 07-10-2004 | 05:01 PM

He originally told his dad 75. Do the math . Or I can help you

75 + 15 = 90

=)

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-10-2004 | 05:12 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Good work, Raz- I wish more people took responsibility like you did; it shows wisdom beyond your years. Be safe,

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>