G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is it weird for a teenager to have a g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are funny. Is this like the first auto forum you have ever joined? Because I have been on the "G35" forum for a month I have no cred? ROFL. Your statement gives you no "cred"

Lets say I have owned a fair number of cars and have belonged to a fair number of threads. I stand by my words. So take my advice, if you don't like the post just shut up. New people don't have your vast knowledge so why don't you give then a break. Obviously no one is at your maturity level.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not weird today, Gs are cheap now. Mine was just over 40K when I bought it, if I sold it today I'd be lucky to get 20K for it. Just act like you belong in it, treat it well, and have a sense of maturity in it and all will be good and natural.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K6G35c
Dude, chill the h@ll out. You just joined a month ago. No way on earth you're going to have lots of credibility or respect on here at all. Much less, posting BS stuff like this.
Stop and read what you post for once,
"don't take the time to read it or better yet don't TAKE THE TIME TO TYPE A RESPONSE if you don't have anything to add."
Your own words, sorry bud.

I actually understand what you are trying to say and agree with you to a point. While i don't think the site is going downhill, i do agree that a lot more younger driver's are finding their way into G35's as they age and become cheaper to afford.

I don't think it's a knock on the car, but younger people just behave differently than older people. If you go in the 07+ sedan forums or G37 forums, a lot of the members are older since not many 17 year olds can afford a $40K car easily. So you'll find more threads regarding upgrading to the G37 sport brakes, Different audio setups, etc.

Go into the older model forums and it's a much younger crowd now because $15K can get you into a G35. That's Scion TC money right there...and everyone i see driving one of those is a teenager. And younger drivers are just interested in different things than older drivers. They also might have smaller budgets to work with as well. When one person might pay to dismount his tires and send the rims out for powdercoating, another 16 year old who doesn't have the money will just mask off the tires and spray paint his rims.

Honestly, this site isn't that bad. You gotta bite your tongue at a lot of the "I just got my G35 and want to put Home Depot chicken wire in the grill" type of posts. I remember i was young once too without a huge budget to work with and a different mentality to what looked nice and what didn't. Not everyone is going to agree with my way of thinking now, and i don't expect them too.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 07-01-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
When one person might pay to dismount his tires and send them out for powdercoating, another 16 year old who doesn't have the money will just mask off his wheels and spray paint them.
They're powdercoating TIRES now? Wow, I'm getting old...

J/K

Old 07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL. PC the rims i mean

Lemme edit that

Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM
huhhh,
unsubscibed lol

Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
They're powdercoating TIRES now? Wow, I'm getting old...

J/K
Now that's a crazy thought. What's next: tinted windows, clear-bra, expensive custom audio sysytems? Please, stop the madness. Geezz, I must be getting reeeeally old. BTW, i had forgotten, my birthday is right around the corner, I AM OLD.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Considering that you can get one used for about the same price as a honda civic - why the hell not

Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by shabarivas
Considering that you can get one used for about the same price as a honda civic - why the hell not
this!

thats why I got a G. It was either a Nissan Altima 2.5 or a G

Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Altimas are chick cars anyway. My previous 3 girlfriends all drove a Altima. Everytime i see one in traffic, i scoot up hoping it's a cute girl, and it usually is.

They are nice cars don't get me wrong. I'd drive a tinted out black Altima, but if you are a guy you gotta get a 3.5 at least.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
It's been my experience that alot of females drive G35s as well. Not terrible. Just a bunch of girls drive them.

You think you all are having problems with younger members owning G35s, check out NSXPrime and hear the groaning there.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
My whole gripe with this is that the only new topics that come up in this forum are "Is it ok for teenagers to drive" or the whole "too much power for a kid" topics. Its been discussed to death and a simple search would show all types of information. The only reasons these topics are posted are for young kids to get their heads hyped up.

I got no problems with anyone asking technical questions about the G even if its been discussed but the only new things posted here are of trivial cr@p.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The next best
Wasent there a thread on this before?

But anyways no, I got my G when i was 17, and im 19 now, paying it off teaches you responsibility, i mean, as long as your not some cocky @$$ little kid in a G35 your fine. I think theres nothing worst than seeing a super cocky kid in a G, because it really seems like daddy and mommy has you spoiled. But if not then no, i dont see anything wrong with it.
Honestly.............yes. This had been discussed before.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud_35
My whole gripe with this is that the only new topics that come up in this forum are "Is it ok for teenagers to drive" or the whole "too much power for a kid" topics. Its been discussed to death and a simple search would show all types of information. The only reasons these topics are posted are for young kids to get their heads hyped up.

I got no problems with anyone asking technical questions about the G even if its been discussed but the only new things posted here are of trivial cr@p.
Hey now, don't go around peeing on peoples Cheerios, that's my job today. Already had several ladies get their panties in a wad over that.
Now, back to our scheduled programming.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by twomey
i bought my g in cash the day before my 20th birthday.
Wow... big spender.. Cash money for a G35. You must be rolling in the dough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it weird for a teenager to have a g35?