G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G Coupe Blew Engine in less than 48HRS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 02:02 PM
I doubt you will get a new engine under warranty considering it is an 03 and you didn't buy it from infiniti but you can certainly get your money back from that dealer.

The consumer protection agency would be all over that if they didn't refund your money

Old 07-06-2009 | 04:48 PM
Alright, so it's Monday. You have to give us the update here on what happened with this cliffhanger.

BTW: Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Old 07-06-2009 | 07:27 PM
FYI, You might want to check out my thread https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...y-repairs.html

Not the same situation but pretty damn close..... Notice the title....

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:18 PM
|
Thumbs up

OKKKK the Answer issss drummm rolll please!!! Covered Under warranty!!! the mechanic at the used car dealer and his certified infiniti mechanic are gonna swap it out for me. today he asked me if I wanted a 350z motor bc he says its tuned a lil hotter if I wanted a few extra HP. Not sure what to do so im open to suggestions! Other wise Gotta thank that GE 4 Star warranty deff worth the price. :drivin g:

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:22 PM
Banned
That certainly is good news. Congrats!

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by AtlantaCoupe
OKKKK the Answer issss drummm rolll please!!! Covered Under warranty!!! the mechanic at the used car dealer and his certified infiniti mechanic are gonna swap it out for me. today he asked me if I wanted a 350z motor bc he says its tuned a lil hotter if I wanted a few extra HP. Not sure what to do so im open to suggestions! Other wise Gotta thank that GE 4 Star warranty deff worth the price. :drivin g:
Get your money back. That has shady written all over it. Certified infiniti mechanic my heiny.

They are going to swap in a 350z motor? Out of what exactly, some pos 350z they got sitting in the back of the lot with god knows how many miles on it? Guaranteed it will not be a new engine.

They sold you a car that the engine blew within 2 days. If you need any more proof than that that this is not where you want to be buying a car from you can only blame yourself for what you end up with.

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:51 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
shoot for an HR motor

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
Get your money back. That has shady written all over it. Certified infiniti mechanic my heiny.

They are going to swap in a 350z motor? Out of what exactly, some pos 350z they got sitting in the back of the lot with god knows how many miles on it? Guaranteed it will not be a new engine.

They sold you a car that the engine blew within 2 days. If you need any more proof than that that this is not where you want to be buying a car from you can only blame yourself for what you end up with.
QTF

If I were you, I'd get my money back and walk away from this. Don't talk yourself into it, just walk the **** away.

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:56 PM
|
i pick the motor i even called infiniti today thew wouldnt even put a new motor in my car only low mileage motors and theres a data base of motors to choose from. i pick the mileage on the motor and after that the new install is still covered under my extended warranty for another 47768 miles lol bc I only made it 232 miles. Plus the car is frikkin sweet and i only paid 13 k for the whip. i havent lost nething as far as im concerned im winning in this deal. there even gonna put a new clutch on for me no labor since there droppin the motor neway. trying to pick a new sport clutch tomorrow. open for suggestions

Old 07-06-2009 | 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by AtlantaCoupe
i pick the motor i even called infiniti today thew wouldnt even put a new motor in my car only low mileage motors and theres a data base of motors to choose from.
Of course they do. They have stacks of them laying around after they had to replace them under the oc tsb. Where else do you think they come from? Infiniti certainly doesn't buy used engines back from salvage yards if a car was wrecked.

Good luck with that. Maybe you will get my old engine. Be sure to put a quart in every 3 weeks

Last edited by PTownG; 07-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:41 PM
Thumbs down dam........

48 hour i wud not be taken it as easy as you,,,, i would be threw the roof...!!!
i would say lemon law it i would not drive that car if i were.. you...

Old 07-06-2009 | 11:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you didn't buy this car from an Infiniti dealer did you? If not, then chances are, whatever inventory Infiniti would choose from to replace motors at the dealership are not an option for you.

I used to work at a Honda dealership and they ran it the same way. Problem with that was that if it wasn't warrantied under the Honda powertrain warranty, Honda would not provide the engine or transmission. Even under extended warranty contracts, which are sometimes 3rd party warranty companies the individual dealership sells, in that event it is considered as Honda Motors selling an engine or trans over the counter to a 3rd party warranty company, which they don't do.

So if this isn't through an Infiniti dealership or under and Infiniti warranty, chances are Nissan of North America is not going to supplying the part. This means that whatever dealership sold you the car is going to contact some salvage yard to supply the motor. It seems like thats what they're doing because if it was a legit warranty, they have strict policies and getting a 350z motor wouldn't have been an option available to you and couldn't even have been suggested.

I agree with everyone else, walk away. It sounds like a problem car that will haunt you in the long run and turn you off of this car for good.

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:27 AM
Take it back and run! it the beginning of more problems to come!

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:02 AM
+1 on leaving that place... take you $$$ back and leave bud... Opens up a whole new problem especially when trying to mod your ride, not worth the headache... RUN

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:47 AM
RUNNNN.

1. I will bet anything he is not a certified infiniti tech
2. The 350Z engine does not have any more power, and if he is claiming that, he is stupid
3. You will NOT be getting a new engine, it will be an engine that was pulled from another car because of problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G Coupe Blew Engine in less than 48HRS