G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

"Total" Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pitt_fan
ok can any1 explain to me why on earth would the dealer recommend conventional oil rather then synthetic in our cars makes no sense to me
they told me the g35 motor wont benefit at all with synthetic oil just a waste of money , ive allways put synthetic in my cars , the dealer told me that it wont change a damm thing , now i live in really cold weather and im sure it would be 100 times better with synthetic oil when starting the car in the morning when its freezing outside , can any1 tell me why would they recommended cheaper oil , i find it weird they told me dont waste your money on synthetic i mean this is the steelership also go steelers
Quality synthetic causes oil consumption easier than quality conventional does. It's recommended to use conventional on the TSB replaced engines at least for the first several changes.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pitt_fan
ok can any1 explain to me why on earth would the dealer recommend conventional oil rather then synthetic in our cars makes no sense to me
they told me the g35 motor wont benefit at all with synthetic oil just a waste of money , ive allways put synthetic in my cars , the dealer told me that it wont change a damm thing , now i live in really cold weather and im sure it would be 100 times better with synthetic oil when starting the car in the morning when its freezing outside , can any1 tell me why would they recommended cheaper oil , i find it weird they told me dont waste your money on synthetic i mean this is the steelership also go steelers
Because our cars don't call for synthetic and use of such wouldn't make our car last any longer that conventional oil. With that said everyone uses synthetic because it's the in thing. Jump on the bandwagon effect. I doubt any of use will keep a car long enough to prove that synthetic is worth getting.

With that said I just bought some castrol syn (5QTS) on sale with a Bosch Distance plus filter for $27. My question is, has anyone ever used Bosch oil filter? I normally get the Mobil 1 oil and filter deal but it wasn't avail this time and castrol will do just fine.