G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by jayk
what is with you and the packaging?? Im not saying this is 100% of what happened.. but lets just say he did a hack job. poorly painted, did not secure the projector lenses (on both sides), and... did not polish the inside of assembly. even if he personally flew here and handed it to me, do you think those would even last mounted on my car?

dude.... how do you get that kind of damage (other than those scratches) from JUST SHIPPING??? most of the damage is internal.
And you dont think that loose parts floating around inside the lens wouldnt cause the paint to chip???? I still dont believe he would send out a product as a "hack job" as it would easily ruin his reputation on driver. He seems to be a pretty active member as far as ive seen.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
And you dont think that loose parts floating around inside the lens wouldnt cause the paint to chip???? I still dont believe he would send out a product as a "hack job" as it would easily ruin his reputation on driver. He seems to be a pretty active member as far as ive seen.
the lens rolling around was on passenger side... paint chipping on driver side.........

ericisklumzee was a "pretty active member" too.. what do you have to say about that example?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not taking sides here but even if the OP got his money back, doesn't he now have a set of useless lights in his hands ? Isn't somebody responsible to replace them ? Shouldn't the shipping company be paying for all this, if it was their fault? They shouldn't be allowed to get away with such incredible irresponsibility in shipping and handling...

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
the lens rolling around was on passenger side... paint chipping on driver side.........

ericisklumzee was a "pretty active member" too.. what do you have to say about that example?
But he isnt on driver to defend his case, mike is here telling his side of the story. My advice to you would to to go after the shipping company next time this happens because if you have never seen what goes on behind the scenes at FedEx or UPS, you would be really shocked if you did.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
projectors were sent back.

mike did not get shipping insurance but was given 100$ as compensation and he has the projectors to refab and sell again...

Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
projectors were sent back.

mike did not get shipping insurance but was given 100$ as compensation and he has the projectors to refab and sell again...
If the shipping company paid out $100 in compensation, this means they accept responsibility for the shipping mess...

It's then up to Mike to settle properly with you in a timely manner to keep you happy. But you do realize that it's not Mike's fault...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bezels were cracked during shipping which is why paint was chipping inside the assemblies. I can't speak for the fogginess inside the assemblies but I'm willing to take responsibility for it since in the end its my job to make sure they're perfect before they go out

the projector turn signal lenses are joined together with adhesive like an epoxy or gorilla glue so it took some fairly strong abuse for the projector lenses to be separated and floating around inside the assemblies (which they were).

as for how I acquire my mods or when I put them on is entirely my perogative and has nothing to do with your transaction. Who I have do my body work or how that person is compensated is also none of your business.

I owe you $50 since your CC company didn't give it to you when you get the refund from paypal. No problem. I offered to Western Union it to you YESTERDAY (the same day you threatened to start this thread for not giving you $50 by Friday). You tell me to go ahead and send it via Western Union and you STILL start this thread?

Im not here to rob anyone of their money. I don't need to. I have a reputation to uphold and robbing anyone here would only result in me being banned and/or everyone here would lose respect for me. I don't see how I'd stand t gain anything from that. Its certainly not worth the $550 from your transaction. You got your money back... it was short $50. I offered to send it via Western Union and even though I explained to you in clear english that my paypal account is jammed up due to your refund you still asked me how come I can't send it via paypal since its an instant transfer?! WTF do you think Western Union is?! You show up at the counter with your ID and they give you your cash...

I've been calm and polite up to this point but this thread is getting ridiculous

Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Thanks for replying to this thread Iron Mike, it was getting ugly! Now if everyone is satisfied it would be cool if Jay would delete this so Mike's reputation isn't damaged further. Mike, use 50% more bubble wrap and don't send anything by ground mail again....
Gary

Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
the bezels were cracked during shipping which is why paint was chipping inside the assemblies. I can't speak for the fogginess inside the assemblies but I'm willing to take responsibility for it since in the end its my job to make sure they're perfect before they go out

the projector turn signal lenses are joined together with adhesive like an epoxy or gorilla glue so it took some fairly strong abuse for the projector lenses to be separated and floating around inside the assemblies (which they were).

as for how I acquire my mods or when I put them on is entirely my perogative and has nothing to do with your transaction. Who I have do my body work or how that person is compensated is also none of your business.

I owe you $50 since your CC company didn't give it to you when you get the refund from paypal. No problem. I offered to Western Union it to you YESTERDAY (the same day you threatened to start this thread for not giving you $50 by Friday). You tell me to go ahead and send it via Western Union and you STILL start this thread?

Im not here to rob anyone of their money. I don't need to. I have a reputation to uphold and robbing anyone here would only result in me being banned and/or everyone here would lose respect for me. I don't see how I'd stand t gain anything from that. Its certainly not worth the $550 from your transaction. You got your money back... it was short $50. I offered to send it via Western Union and even though I explained to you in clear english that my paypal account is jammed up due to your refund you still asked me how come I can't send it via paypal since its an instant transfer?! WTF do you think Western Union is?! You show up at the counter with your ID and they give you your cash...

I've been calm and polite up to this point but this thread is getting ridiculous
mike ...just see it like this

- the problem (damaged headlights) was addressed immediately

- Jake shipped them back to you as soon as he could (from my knowledge, was very quick also)

- the refund kept getting pushed back

you refunded me in a timely manner, why wasnt it the same for jake? I understand it was also a couple hundred dollars more of a refund, but he still paid you. Now you are blaming him for freezing up your account, but he gave you a lot of time to get a refund (end of MAY this all started). This all could have been avoided if the refund was dealt with sooner. From my experience with you, you were a stand up guy, kept in good contact and offered to fix my lights...but after seeing the condition my homies lights came in, and him waiting more than a few days just to get a paypal "instant-transfer" refund, why would i risk sending my lights back.

it just baffles me as to why vendors demand immediate payment for their parts or services, yet take their time to give a refund to something so obviously damaged or wrong

Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that sucks man...the scuffs are removable..possibly,pm for more info..hope your resove your problem with mike....whats with these ppl

Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Bayonet
mike ...just see it like this

- the problem (damaged headlights) was addressed immediately

- Jake shipped them back to you as soon as he could (from my knowledge, was very quick also)

- the refund kept getting pushed back

you refunded me in a timely manner, why wasnt it the same for jake? I understand it was also a couple hundred dollars more of a refund, but he still paid you. Now you are blaming him for freezing up your account, but he gave you a lot of time to get a refund (end of MAY this all started). This all could have been avoided if the refund was dealt with sooner. From my experience with you, you were a stand up guy, kept in good contact and offered to fix my lights...but after seeing the condition my homies lights came in, and him waiting more than a few days just to get a paypal "instant-transfer" refund, why would i risk sending my lights back.

it just baffles me as to why vendors demand immediate payment for their parts or services, yet take their time to give a refund to something so obviously damaged or wrong
Im not mad at him for my paypal account being frozen. In fact I'm not mad at him at all.

I just thought it was stupid to ask for a paypal refund of the $50 when I already had told him the paypal account was frozen and I was trying to find an alternative way of getting the money to him. I offer Western Union and he again asks why I can't paypal it to him

Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Is this all cleared up? Op if there is anything else pm me to reopen this.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Per request, i had this thread Unlocked so i could update you fine people.

Total Refund Requested:6/2/09 for $550
Creation of this Thread:7/20/09
Today's Date:7/27/09

Partial Payment Received: 7/9/09 (from CC transaction reversal, NOT FROM MIKE HIMSELF)
Remaining Balance to be Refunded: -$50

7/21/09
Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
......You got your money back... it was short $50. I offered to send it via Western Union and even though I explained to you in clear english that my paypal account is jammed up due to your refund you still asked me how come I can't send it via paypal since its an instant transfer?! WTF do you think Western Union is?! You show up at the counter with your ID and they give you your cash...
^Western Union, huh. ok..... well this is the kind of BS ive been getting week after week. False promises of payment.

.....like the title says "Iron-Mike on BLAST - Where Is My Refund"?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Point of order, folks...

There are two members with similar screen names -

"Iron-Mike" - (a vendor who hails from Boston), and

"ironmike" - (an aspiring novelist and vehicle collector who resides in Louisiana... with no commercial interest or parts business) That's me... and I'm still getting PMs that should more appropriately be sent to "Iron-Mike" in Boston... So, can we be a bit more discriminating in addressing our PMs/e-mails, please... Thanks.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL.

i saw this post thinking "IRON-MIKE" changed his name slightly...possibly due to this thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?