G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

for those who have JDM'd their cars..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:15 AM
As for your badging issue. IMHO a good rule of thumb is, whatever you do to the front, do to the rear. If you go without the "burger" or mt fuji in the rear, do the same in the front.

Now, I will also say, if you are going to go full JDM then do it right. And that means do everything. There is no such thing as a LHD JDM Skyline. Period. So, if you're going to make yours true JDM, then you should be researching parts like a new dash and the supporting parts to go with that headache. Same with seats, etc etc.

You bought an Infiniti G35. NOT a Nissan Skyline. Your VIN says it, your trunk says it, and everyone that knows anything will say it. I went through this same internal debate when I got mine. And the simple truth is, NO ONE who matters will know the difference anyway. Even if you go through the WHOLE process and convert everything over. The only people that will give a damn are Nissan/Infiniti people. And guess what else... as far as the DMV and your insurance and your car payment is concerned.... it will still be an Infiniti G35.

Oh, and the Ionicdynamics Gialla grille is the ****. I have it. It takes a matter of minutes to remove your old one and install the new one.

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:20 AM
|
im def going without the burger or Mt.Fuji in the front and rear. glad to hear that ionic's grill is the shiznit...i cant wait to get it and install it. i did read that a few people were having trouble removing their oem grill.....did you have any trouble?

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by bina12834
im def going without the burger or Mt.Fuji in the front and rear. glad to hear that ionic's grill is the shiznit...i cant wait to get it and install it. i did read that a few people were having trouble removing their oem grill.....did you have any trouble?
Ah, well then, good choice. Make the back match the front and you're golden, IMHO. When you get it, you will be amazed at how great the fit and paint is. I LOVE mine.

Ok, the main reason people have issues with removing their old oem grill is because of the two b!tch screw/lock thingys in the corners of the grill. If you look at your stock grill head on. Get real super close (may need a flashlight) to the corners and as you look in, look for a square looking lock type thingy. It will have a slot in it perfect for a straight slot screw driver. You merely turn those to unlock and the rest is a snap. I believe there are a couple tabby things on the top of the grill at each corner as well as the pop fasteners too. But those lock deals are what normally get folks. I damn near had a fit when I couldnt figure out why mine wouldnt come off after undoing everything else I saw.

Turned out i had to undo those little lock deals.

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:34 AM
|
Originally Posted by brandon402
Ah, well then, good choice. Make the back match the front and you're golden, IMHO. When you get it, you will be amazed at how great the fit and paint is. I LOVE mine.

Ok, the main reason people have issues with removing their old oem grill is because of the two b!tch screw/lock thingys in the corners of the grill. If you look at your stock grill head on. Get real super close (may need a flashlight) to the corners and as you look in, look for a square looking lock type thingy. It will have a slot in it perfect for a straight slot screw driver. You merely turn those to unlock and the rest is a snap. I believe there are a couple tabby things on the top of the grill at each corner as well as the pop fasteners too. But those lock deals are what normally get folks. I damn near had a fit when I couldnt figure out why mine wouldnt come off after undoing everything else I saw.

Turned out i had to undo those little lock deals.
thanks for the tip...ill def keep those lock thingies in mind when removing the oem grill. sounds like ionic is shipping out my grill tomorrow(just ordered it late yesterday...that was fast!!), so hopefully ill have it by early next week for the install. Im going to debadge the Mt.Fuji and the G35 on the trunk this weekend so when i get the 350GT emblems in the mail all ill have to do is clean the area and install.

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:40 AM
I hate people that debadge/rebadge half, looks so homo. Unless you want the super rare Infiniti Skyline G35

Debadge completely. Looks so much cleaner.

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:41 AM
thanks for the tip...ill def keep those lock thingies in mind when removing the oem grill. sounds like ionic is shipping out my grill tomorrow(just ordered it late yesterday...that was fast!!), so hopefully ill have it by early next week for the install. Im going to debadge the Mt.Fuji and the G35 on the trunk this weekend so when i get the 350GT emblems in the mail all ill have to do is clean the area and install.
Wow! That was fast! I tell ya what, Jose over at Ionic is the absolute ****. Customer support/communication is top friggin notch and his painter is awesome too. I can't speak highly enough for Ionic.

Did you get a painted grill or an unpainted one?

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:43 AM
|
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I hate people that debadge/rebadge half, looks so homo. Unless you want the super rare Infiniti Skyline G35

Debadge completely. Looks so much cleaner.
hey....dont flame me for the half de-badge/re-badge....flame the guy who i bought the car from....

youll be seeing me around WhosUrBuddiee.....i plan on hitting up some NGC meets/events soon

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:43 AM
|
Originally Posted by brandon402
Wow! That was fast! I tell ya what, Jose over at Ionic is the absolute ****. Customer support/communication is top friggin notch and his painter is awesome too. I can't speak highly enough for Ionic.

Did you get a painted grill or an unpainted one?
yea, hes been great so far....painted of course

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:09 AM
Wow! A painted one in a day? He must have had that one there ready to go already then. I had to wait a bit when i ordered mine. He had the grill, just had to get it painted.

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:17 AM
|
yea...he must have had this one just lying around or something....i cant wait to get it.

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:21 AM
Overglorified Altima
ionic is the ****! wait until you guys see his new project. coming soon.

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:22 AM
|
dont tease us like that!!!

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Calvin
Hmm...... thought that was a secret....

Old 07-23-2009 | 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
PICS OR BAN!....o wait... hint?

Old 07-23-2009 | 02:36 PM
hey....dont flame me for the half de-badge/re-badge....flame the guy who i bought the car from....

youll be seeing me around WhosUrBuddiee.....i plan on hitting up some NGC meets/events soon
Cant wait to see you out.

You can fix the problem in less than an hour with some floss and heat gun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: for those who have JDM'd their cars..