G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Well, it happened to me.....argggg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:09 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Well, it happened to me.....argggg

I had this problem the VERY first time I pumped gas in my car... =) Was sitting at the darn gas station looking for a gas release button/switch/know/etc... I left my owner's manual at home... but fortunately, one of my friend had a G35c as well... called him up at 3am, he gave me [censored] about not reading the owners manual, then just said push "unlock" on the keyfob and voila...!!

Funny thing is... he had the same problem the 1st time he pumped gas as well...!!

6MT DG Coupe | Prem | NAV | Aero | XM

Old 07-28-2004, 02:24 PM

To answer the previous post, I painted the General Lee flag on the roof of my car, welded my doors shut and slide in through the open window, all with the hope of meeting Daisy Duke.

What I meant by "getting out of my car without pushing any buttons" is that I literally pull the door handle to open my door, I don't use the "unlock" button for the doors nor do I press any buttons on the keyfob as I exit the car. I simply pop open the door, shut it, then go to the gas lid and spring it open. That is why I think that the mere fact of opening any of the 2 doors without pushing any buttons may be enough to unlock the gas lid. That's why I'm questioning this locking feature cause my gas lid has always opened for me without anything else to do. I guess maybe the lock was malfunctioning in not keeping the lid locked. Who knows, it's sad that so many people overlook this small description in the owner's manual, for those that have even read it. I'm not one for reading manuals, not for car, not even for electronics, I like to think I can figure out what all the buttons do on my own without someone having to explain 1 simple feature over 400 pages of text.

I guess this is the hard lesson to pay with this particular gas lid locking feature.....

Old 07-28-2004, 03:23 PM

The lid might not lock if you don't lock the car once you are inside it.

I lock the doors with the power lock button whenever I start the car and if I just open the handle to get out the fuel filler lid remains locked. At the gas station, I have to go back to the driver's side door and press the unlock button because I leave the keys in the car when I fill up.

<font color=blue>2004.5 Coupe ^ 5AT ^ DG/W ^ Z Tube</font color=blue>

Old 07-28-2004, 03:48 PM

Have you seen a picture of Daisy Duke lately?
I'd unweld those doors.

DG Coupe Prem/Nav/Sport/Aero-In my driveway!

Old 07-28-2004, 05:41 PM

Gbest03, that was a good one, I had a good laugh?? No I haven't seen Daisy Duke lately. Why don't you post a pic if you find one ...

Old 07-28-2004, 05:46 PM

Gbest03, let me save you the trouble. If you find doors, gas lids, sticking or hard to open, weld your doors shut, put the general lee flag on the roof, and think of this lady.....

311527-ddlee.jpg

Old 07-28-2004, 07:22 PM

my 6MT gas door will not open unless the passenger door is unlocked....I noticed on the instructions posted to push the keyfob ONCE. That will only unlock the driver door on my car. push a second time to open the passenger door.
I'm going to go look, but is there a BACKUP latch in the truck jsut in case?

my .02

Old 07-29-2004, 03:08 PM

I tried everything before prying it open. I read all the previous posts on locked gas doors, but no luck, my actuator just failed like many others. So I pried it open and pushed the lock into the unlock position, now it is stuck there. I better get it fixed before it goes back to the locked position.

2004 6MT Coupe Graphite/Graphite / Performance / Premium / Sirius / Navigation / Clear Bra / Aero / Trunk Mat / Splash

Old 07-29-2004, 05:19 PM

Sounds like an RTFM issue, in that two people don't know the G's fuel filler door does indeed lock with the car. It's easy to not know however, since when you get gas you usually have your car unlocked, but for whatever reason you are prying your fuel door open with a key, try unlocking it first with the keyfob.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 07-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt realize this one day when i was filling up and locked my doors when i got out of the car. I pushed on the gas door and nothign happened.... whne i hit my FOB it popped open (without me touching it). Myf riend was watching and thot that i had a button on my fob to open the thing haha. no malfunctions tho... i didnt realize our car had this feature tho until i couldnt fill up one day....

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-29-2004, 05:42 PM

Shader, you do not understand and I hope this happens to you now so you find out. Our fuel door actuator malfunctions for some and gets jammed in the lock or unlock position,

2004 6MT Coupe Graphite/Graphite / Performance / Premium / Sirius / Navigation / Clear Bra / Aero / Trunk Mat / Splash