G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs my Charger RT????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 vs my Charger RT????

Hello All, I am looking into getting an 04 g35 coupe 6mt and i wanted to get some opinions form you guys. right now I have a 06 Charger RT (hemi) with a few mods so granted it has some cajones. I have never raced a G and was curious to see what you guys experiences were with the charger. do you think i would be stepping back by getting a G, I just really like them and the charger is so big and clunky.....Some opinions would be very help ful. Thansk

MAtt

Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
the charger is faster.. i had a trans am (lt1) before my g and raced both, beat a couple r/t's and lost to a couple. never lost to a G. both our nice, ones a big sedan ones a coupe

Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
My experience is that you would be losing the use of 2 doors at least. The performance of the two are easily available online

Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
G's are so so about performance. They're sold as entry-level luxury cars. More so than sports cars, they're sporty coupes. But they sure as hell draw attention from young ladies.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by 2K6G35c
G's are so so about performance. They're sold as entry-level luxury cars. More so than sports cars, they're sporty coupes. But they sure as hell draw attention from young ladies.
I like your style, We all know why we want nice cars.....its for the ladies.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
eyz
^ +1

Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
are you the ice cream truck driver that was at camp pendlton?
hahha, if not, strange story... my car died out at my aunt's place at CP.. i popped the hood, checked it out... and a ice cream truck man pulled over, got out his truck... proceeded my direction, asked me a few questions about the G... he told me he had a charger RT also.. i explained most what I learned from here.. (haha thanks!) but yea, he was surprised there was a back seat.. LOL... what he said "bargaining point for my wife"
hahah cool dude!... but yea.. sorry to T-Jack.. back to the subject....

Trending Topics

Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Red Card Crew

going from a v8 to a v6 would be a backwards move IMHO. The mods available for the hemi 5.7 and 6.1 str8 are many. Also there his magazine tests for all the mods that you have vs the very limited r&d for the G. ECU programmers are cheaper for the Hemi and if you're auto, they actually have TCM programmers available that are non-existant for the G unless you do a valvebody mod (that won't change the shift point logic).

Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
First Gen 6MT G vs RT is a drivers race with G having the edge as the speeds increase.
Both BONE STOCK.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 AM
If you like straight line driving stick to the RT but if you like curves get a G. I have had a run in with an RT a buddy from work and he beat me on the take off and could not keep up. But as soon as the curve said 35 and i went 85 with no tire noise he went back to 35. So each has its good points If i could afford it i would put my Armadas 5.6 litter engine in my G.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
it depends on your style. rt is faster in a straight line ya. wont get nearly as many looks, comments, or girls... trust me people aren't lying when everyone you know or you just meet sees your car and is going gaga over it, it happens every single time. and plus how can you not choose the hot 6 vq over an american.... *cringe*

Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Red Card Crew

4 doors don't get the looks coupes do. It's not a charger vs G thing. The G sedan doesn't garner much looks unless heavily modded.

I don't know if the charger can't handle or if that driver can't drive. I do believe the charger is on the same basic chassis as the old Mercedes E class and is generaly reviewed as a good handler by most mag reviewers.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
4 doors don't get the looks coupes do. It's not a charger vs G thing. The G sedan doesn't garner much looks unless heavily modded.

I don't know if the charger can't handle or if that driver can't drive. I do believe the charger is on the same basic chassis as the old Mercedes E class and is generaly reviewed as a good handler by most mag reviewers.
I wouldnt go as far to say that chargers dont get looks, mine is pretty modded, and i get looks all the time. It is all black with all black 20s and sounds like a demon from hell cause i run straight pipes and other mods. But i do agree that the G get lots of looks as well, as it is a beautiful car. I have never ran a G but i think I agree with Lots of the people i hear that say the charger will jump off the line but the G will eventually catch up. Its just the tourque in the Hemi engine is insane.... But i think i like them equally.

Thanks everone for the replies.

Matt

Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I have both and actually like the way the charger drives better. Although it is Heavily!! modded. The G is more of a classy, take the wife(or girlfirend) out to dinner type of ride. Having both makes it easier to say if you want to look like a badass then stick with the charger(modded of course), if you want to look like a classy young playboy...then go with the G. They are both some of the nicest rides out right now though, Tough decision honestly. Thats why I got the charger, and got the wife the G lol.

P.S. if youre on Camp Pendleton, im the all black charger with black 22's and a grille and hood that no one else has.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
I just went from an R/T with the PP to a G35 coupe. The Charger is smoother and quieter, but boring. The G is much more fun to drive but has a bit of cabin noise. Power wise they aren't too far off because the Charger is so damn heavy. It had gobs of power, but it wasn't really useful as it was heavy and handled like a boat. The charger was definitely roomier in every aspect, but you really are looking at a ballsy tank vs. a nimble sporty lux coupe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs my Charger RT????