Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004 | 09:20 AM
Re: no budget no mods

when I was 18, I was doing mods to my Humbar cycle

317809-humbar.jpg

Old 08-06-2004 | 10:13 AM

I think you mean Humber cycle sonny. Wouldn't that make you like 120 years old? [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-06-2004 | 11:54 AM

hmm... maybe you need to work cause i got my car when i was 18 (last year) and i've saved up and bought Injen CAI, tinted my windows, and i just picked up an RSR exhaust 2 days ago ... and this was all from my work money and money i saved up from before .. so if you want to mod your car start working lol

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:22 PM
Team Transport Member

WHAT A BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS!

mommy and daddy's money paying for your $40K cars at 18 you dont need to eb driving a car like this honestly you dont understadn teh value of it go out and bust your a$$e$ make it the hard way.

Good luck to those who are trying to save and those of you who owe your life to your cridit cards; god help you!

Everyone stop B*tching and moaning do what you got to do to make it.

arent we all one big happy G family

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:34 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

zaza i hope you werent pointing what you said in the direction of all 18 and 19 yr olds!! I pay for my car IN FULL, every month for my lease and look at the sedan i drive!! I save up, and look at my mod's also, i just put in test pipe's, exhaust, pulley's grounding kit paid for installation just sold my wheels and picked upa brand new set, i make a lot of money and put in hours and work for it and still have no problem paying for my car every month but my parents do throw me like 10 or 20$ gas sometimes when im short of money, but that's it! They taught me the value of money, i learned save up and buy stuff for my pleasure also, so dont get it twisted!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 08-06-2004 | 01:51 PM

These generalizations are worse than whining from anyone. Assuming that someone is a moron because they are 18 and can't tell 20 hp difference is absurd. I wanted a crx at 18 and ended up with a couple by the time i was 24. great car

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:18 AM

bro just save your money and work.. i'm 19 and have a G also...and my 98 accord www.cardomain.com/id/pfizzle (took about 16k to make it the way i wanted, and about 8 monthes of long working day/nights)...i had that since i was 17... i pay my payments insurance, car notes all that.... be happy you got one... i mean there are many ways you can get cheap mods... i mean for exhaust me and a buddy are making a HKS carbon Ti custom single outlet exhaust for the G...it should cost around $400 with tubing bending and all... you can make the Z tube.....i'm sure ebay has plenty of stuff...the car looks great in general....ride stock and save some loot and once your ready start modding like crazy.... goodluck

Old 08-11-2004 | 05:58 AM
Banned

dude i feel ya. im 17 with my coupe. i did some tutoring and stuff and now i have a ztube(real) and popcharger with tint

04 5AT / TB / Willow / Premium / clear corners / Z-tube / JWT Popcharger

Old 08-11-2004 | 08:05 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

...Assuming that someone is a moron because they are 18 and can't tell 20 hp difference is absurd. ...

<hr></blockquote>
I just reread the thread and for the record... No one said the guy was a moron.

What I said (the watered down version for clarity) was that the difference between 280 and 300 hp is hardly noticable. I know this because I've owned cars that have ranged from 118 hp to 300 hp. If you're splitting hairs and talking about 5 or 10 hp it increase is 100% negligable (unless you work in advertising)!

Again, for clarity, if you increase that 280 to 300 hp, it is barely noticeable! However, if you jump the 280 to 380, well then that is VERY noticable.

Let's break it down...

The car isn't going to be that much faster and is going to run MAYBE 0.1 to 0.2 seconds faster in a WOT 1/4 mile run. Can any of you guys really notice the difference that 0.1 or 0.2 seconds makes out of ~14 seconds? I sure can't and have ran at the track on many different occasions in my G. The changes in sound and throttle response are more psychological than actual. The "changes" that the mods create are soon adopted as the norm and you will never again realize that "difference" that you initially perceived unless you go back to the stock set up.

The definition of irony: "assuming someone is assuming..." LOL

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-11-2004 | 11:44 PM

when i was modding my accord with power mods it made me feel good that i was progressing..... 0.1-0.3 secs in a quarter mile is very important and to gain that much by doing a mod makes you feel good and you accomplish something... not every will have a 5-6 grand laying around to do gain 100wph...

Old 08-12-2004 | 08:14 AM

I added about 25 hp guessing of course as i've never dynoed - the way my car feels now is very apparently better than the one I brought home. Can junior johnson tell the difference? I dont know but my car is now an animal for an add'l 750 bucks. Stock 5 at times are 14.7 or so right - I shaved .5 off of that thanks to my grounding wires and plenum and underdrive pulley and that's the difference between a 540 and a 530 BMW's performance numbers.

That's a major pull at 4000 rpm now and my grandma can feel the difference. Save up kid and enjoy your mods. If you really want to feel your way throught it do one mod at a time after you really know your car well. Test whatever you do and forget the claims of manufacturers or board members - only your and your car can determine what works. Test and tune day is great or get a timer like some of these guys have the measures 0-60 and 1/4 times before and after. Enjoy

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)

Old 08-12-2004 | 08:36 AM

If 25hp = 14.7 to 14.2 time improvements (0.5 second quicker), then the guys installing 500bhp blowers (~400 at the rear wheels) should be running what? mid 10 second times? I'd recommend a good trip to the local tuner for a good dyno run and take a stock car with you for comparison.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the BMW 540i has 282 bhp @ 5700 rpm and 310 lb.-ft. Torque @ 3900 rpm while a 530i has 225 bhp @ 5900 rpm and 214 lb-ft torque @ 3500 rpm

That's a delta of 57 bhp and 96 lb.ft. torque... which is a heck of a lot more torque than any bolt on will give the G35 (besides a Super Charger or TT).

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:06 AM

I eat 540's autos' for dinner and i dont know what i had 1/4 time wise before my mods. I was referring to the change very qualitatively - no need to turn it into proovable math mayhem...the 530 is probably a bit slower than a stock G sedan so the delta would be greater...still the differences are HUGE for my G since I bought her and remind me of the profound difference the 530 and 540 have.

It was slower by far I can assue you, my G before I modded it. Maybe these grounding wires are worth more than the 3 hp after all. I also reset the ECU. Maybe the launch is more important than my mods also..

I wont be spending money on dynos as the number itself is meaningless to me. The **** yor pants feelin when the car hits 3500 and rockets out of the hole is what i was after and I got it. The math doesn't make sense to me either but the same day a sedan just like mine but stock ran a 15 (afropuff i believe). I would suggest that the ecu reset, 10 wires, plenum, crank pulley (UR) and a clean air filter and good for .5 of the .8 second differnce. 3 Z's the day I ran 14.4 to 14.6 stock AT. I have more weight and less stock HP - theres some more math that doesn't make sense...

I dont need to make sense of it - but would puport that there is some synergy with some mods - this combination is a killer for the $ - it all comes together with the grounding kit but since I'll never prove it - i'll just take the times I am capable of.

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:30 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Six five my car is prob almost identical to yours, i might have a few more hP and torque but nothing too much, i ran a 14.17 and a 5.56 on my friends Gtech AGAIN last night on my 19's!!
The pull with Pulleys,exhaust and test pipe's is just ridiculous now, i ate up my friends 6 spd coupe by 2 2 1/2 cars up to like 140 :/ It pulls like a beast, and i also beat my friend M3 convertible, he also has heavy hammann wheels and a box in the trunk though LOL, the cars seriously no joke now, but i also cant imagine what a 6spd coupe would be like with this stuff!! I just need my plenum and im done, i dyno next week. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
HPDesign Evo 19's..

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:59 AM

Well, I personally use my credit card for my mods, pay back what I owe, then order more. I always have money for savings at the end of the month, even with the money I spend on my car, but I'm 21, I work 2 jobs, and I drive my G like I stole it every chance I get. Even if the mods aren't doing "much" to help the car, its the fact that it's just that much different from every other G out there, or excuse me for using my terminology, better than every other G out there. Yes, I know, there's G's out there like g354god's for example, that make my car look as bland as a honda civic, but thats the point. It's not about being the best, or going the fastest, it's about what you want....I mean, it is a toy and nothing more. Sure, its an expensive one, but its something that all of us can live without, and thats why we do this for fun. We all have those rims picked out in the back of our mind, the next mod up on the list or whatever it may be. If its something you really want, you find the way to make it possible, however, make sure your not shorting on the things you need. On the subject of mods, I just ordered my Fujitsubo exhaust/y-pipe and in about 5 minutes I'll be on the phone with doug @ crawford ordering my headers. TS Ecu is scheduled for the last week of august (took some days off work b/c I'll be out of a car for 3 days). I'm pretty sure, that even though I'm young I'll be able to feel the difference. =) hehe just playin with ya neff. To the orignal poster, be glad your parents pay for your G. If mine paid for mine, it would be turbocharged 3 times over by now, but how else can you learn the value of a $.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
JWT/Z tube, UR pulley set (chrome), Crawford v5 plenum (black), Crawford Cats.

Proud to have more hp than a stock 05 =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: no budget no mods