G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why I dont Trust Anyone..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would make sense for the body shop to just pop off the wheels in the booth or do whatever it is they gotta do to make sure that they keep their customers happy and their car's shoes clean....

It just isn't right to expect your customer to change their wheels out to get a paint job, unless you make it a prerequisite prior to doing service.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dofu
I always thought it was a liability to them if they don't? Letting the owner be the first person to drive the car can be dangerous if there was a loose bolt or something they forgot. At least a mechanic should know to do an inspection, and take it slow in case something is wrong as where the owner might jump in and stomp on the gas pedal. If anything happens, the shop is still liable...
tats usually the owners job. and do u really need to test drive when u change oil? that kinda thing haha.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by BradBlick
I think it would make sense for the body shop to just pop off the wheels in the booth or do whatever it is they gotta do to make sure that they keep their customers happy and their car's shoes clean...
I was thinking the same...

Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
tats usually the owners job. and do u really need to test drive when u change oil? that kinda thing haha.
I would think it would be the mechanic or manager's job... the mechanic's the one working on the car, he or his manager should be the one backing up the work, the one who should be physically liable if they made a mistake...

As for the oil change, you never know... they might have forgotten to torque the bolt, added too much oil or not enough, or the wrong fluid altogether. Sh*t happens, and IMO, it's kinda unprofessional to hand a car back to a customer only to see it fail on his/her way out. Let it be your employee in the car and take the responsibility to fix it and compensate the customer for their wasted time.

Either way, I remember there being something about that in CA... no matter what was done, every car needs to be test driven before it goes back to the customer. It might just be my city for all I know. Either way, a professional shop needs to be able to back up their work, and the only way to do that is to make sure your work is good by test driving the car. If they don't test drive the car, I'd be more concerned because now I'd think they won't back up their work for some reason.

Last edited by dofu; 09-12-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:11 AM
While we think they should take the wheels off for their customers, we all know they won't.

With that in mind, you can switch the wheels out yourself before you send the car out to the shop or you may need to deal with a damaged wheel or two later... while it's ultimately their liability, you had a chance to prevent the hassle. Things like this is just something you need to keep in mind when you send your car to any shop. Come down to it, they're not going to treat your property like you would.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Banned
+1 they *** it up they pay for my syth

Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ehh

Old 09-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
If they're painting parts on your car they should make sure the parts that DONT need paint are covered.. if not they're idiots and thats their fault. If they're test driving your car they should know how to drive. Once again if not then thats falls in their hands.

They're a business thats providing a service that you paid for. They're job is to satisfy you as a customer. They're job is not to break stuff on your car or crash it.

I firmly believe that a shop IS responsible for any damages that occur while the car is in their hands. If they can not do the work without possibly damaging your wheels and it's something they make you aware of in advance and you as an idiot still take it in then you are responsible. Simple as that.
Me "as an idiot"? I completely agree with the OP in the sense that I don't trust anyone. You're the one who thinks these guys getting paid $10-20 per hour or so working on what the shop is getting paid thousands for really give a f*ck...

I'm sure the owner or managers are cool, but until you personally get to know the employees actually working on the car, your car is just another POS that they need to finish and get out of the shop out to them.

Last edited by dofu; 09-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned
Yea your right.. Thats why all the techs just ram the cars into the wall for fun.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
While we think they should take the wheels off for their customers, we all know they won't.

With that in mind, you can switch the wheels out yourself before you send the car out to the shop or you may need to deal with a damaged wheel or two later... while it's ultimately their liability, you had a chance to prevent the hassle. Things like this is just something you need to keep in mind when you send your car to any shop. Come down to it, they're not going to treat your property like you would.
you shouldn't have to go through all that just to fix something small. taking off all 4 wheels to get ur bumper painted? seems extra hectic.

who has that kinda time anyways. i understand ur reasoning but the shop SHOULD know what they are doing , and if they dont u just earned urself a new pair of rims.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
who has that kinda time anyways. i understand ur reasoning but the shop SHOULD know what they are doing , and if they dont u just earned urself a new pair of rims.
So the time you spend arguing with the shop, and later bringing your car back to get the rims doesn't count as time anymore?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
Hey Dofu.. do yourself a favor.. SHHHH :X
thank you jen

dofu, like i said i understand your reasoning. HOWEVER, its not like 100% of the shops mess up.
most people don't have 2 sets of tires either. spending an hour to take off all 4 tires, assuming that you have another set to put on to get ur bumper / side skirts painted. and mounting them back on after? she isn't going to do that.. if your that careful why not just wrap your car in saran wrap and park it in the garage.

there you go

Last edited by SxSkyLinexS; 09-12-2009 at 08:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I dont Trust Anyone..