G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I got keyed please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got keyed please help!

today i got to school and then i parked and my drivers side door got keyed about a foot long. im really upset about it and im wondering if there is anything i can do. when i got the car it came with this "universal black scratch and fix 2 in 1 ball point pen type of paint" and im wondering if i should try to cover it up with that, do you guys know of anything i can do of if i should use this?

this is the paint thing i have- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=#ht_797wt_939

Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You car is not universal black. It is black obsidian.

How deep is it? Is it down to the metal? You can try touch up paint. I used Dr ColorChip ($60) on my girl's SLK and it came out decent. But it will always be noticable, especially a 12 inch strach.

Only real solution is to paint it. Lucky for you, OB is the easiest color to blend. Probably cost you about 400-500 dollars to get it painted.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
alright so your saying i shouldnt try to use that univeral black paint thing? and what if i tried to use this? https://www.fixitsale.com/?MID=584433

Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You can try anything, but no matter what, it will always be visable unless you repaint.

Some do hide it better than others. But do not use a universal black on a OB car.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
NVM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant u get touch-up paint from an infiniti dealership?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
what about that fix it thing by billie mayes https://www.fixitsale.com/?MID=584433

and yea could i go to the dealership and get some touch up paint and they could maybe paint it over for me since i just got the car only about 3-4 months ago

Old 09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
billie mayes died of an OD of cocaine... I wouldnt use any of his products.. lol

Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
so what do you guys think i should do? i was seriouse about the billie mayes thing..... and what else should i do? i really wanna fix it somehow...please help ive only had this car for a few months. thanks

Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ask your insurance what your deductible is for a vandalism claim. Had my old car keyed up and paid nothing.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
but wont that raise my insurance monthly?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Since your car is OB and the scratch is deep and 12-inches long, I wouldn't even bother with touch-up paint. It's going to be noticable...it's going to look like crap, and it's going to eat the **** out of you everytime you're walking toward your car and see it.

Just have it professionally repaired...you'll feel much better in the end.

Get some quotes...I don't think it will cost you $400 to $500. I recently hit the peg on my motorcycle in the garage and put a big gash in my front bumper. My quotes ran from $280 to $550 for bumper repair and paint. I went with the lowest quote and they did an awesome job...you can't even tell anything happend.

If I were having major body work done I would be afraid to go to the low-baller. In your case it's just a scratch. Any reputable paint shop should be able to match your paint and fix the scratch perfectly for a reasonable price.

Keep us informed on your situation.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
NVM
Be careful looking for low-ball prices, don't get it done and a ****ty body or a chain shop like maaco, or earl schieb. Ask to see some pictures of there past work, and look at black cars, not white or silver - black shows imperfections much more than other colors, and is a much more difficult color to get right.

If you have full coverage from your insurance, you should have two types of claims that you can file in reference to damage to your vehicle - Collision, and Comprehensive.

Collision coverage covers your car in the case of damage involving another vehicle, even if it's a hit and run. Often with collision damages, your deductible will be the typical $500 or whatever you decided between your agent.

Comprehensive covers your car in the case of any other types of vandalism, broken windows, eggs, bird ****, rock chips, shopping carts, and keys. Usually your deductible in this case is much less expensive - for my insurances it's $100

Know your rights, talk it over with your insurance agent.

If your really opting for a cheap way out, the touch-up paint from the dealership will match exact, it's just all depending on how well you apply it.

Good luck

Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I purchased the touch-up paint from the dealership...I got it for the infamous paint chips. It is an exact match for my car...LR. I think I paid $14 for it. The little ball-point-pin applicator gets clogged and doesn't really work well, but that's my experience...others may vary. For me it works very well for small paint chips. I couldn't imagine using it on a deep scratch that's 12-inches long...plus your car is OB. I think it's going to look like crap no matter what if you use the touch-up paint.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Without seeing how deep the scratch is it's hard to say.
Did it go clear to the metal?
If not u might try the Fix it pen (Billy Maze) or take it to a prof detailer to see if they can do something.
I wouldn't expect much but the pen is only $10 at Walgreens & Amazon.
Just google - simoniz fix it.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I had an old Honda Civic of mine painted at Maaco a couple of years ago. It was an old car that ran good...I didn't want to pay thousands for a high end paint job. They actually did a really good job matching the paint...I think it's all computerized now. The car looked really good EXCEPT for the stinking overspray! Anyway, I would never take my G to Maaco for major body work...I didn't even consider them to fix my bumper and one of their shops is a 5-minute walk from my job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got keyed please help!