G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Speeding ticket...hlp pls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you fight it and attend the hearing, usually they drop some form of points, you still have to put up the cash but the points are reduced. You also run the risk of the cop not even showing which is a good thing.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I will give you some advice. Like 5 months ago I got a ticket for reckless driving. It was for drifting a turn. Cop was very pissed took him about 2-3 miles to finally catch up to me since I was doing close lane switching. Probably woulda ran away if I knew he was somewhere behind traffic. But anyways I went to court without a lawyer. The judge sent me to talk to a DA. DA's job is to cut you a deal and lower the charges so that you don't take it to court. So without any lawyers and $hit the DA lowered my reckless driving ticket to I believe some unsafe lane change or not using signal to make lane change and I was only charged 1 point on my record and a $210 fine. Plus they were going to offer me traffic school but your only allowed to take traffic school once per year so I have to wait like few more months to get it cleared. I also new a guy that got a reckless driving ticket and he was racing someone and didn't stop on a stop sign and flew a bit of the hill and lost control spinned out and hit a car parked on the side walk with his back almost went in the house. Ended up only paying $160 and had his ticket reduced. My point is just explain yourself be like my kid was sick or I was late to church make him feel sorry for you. If you get the ticket reduced then take the deal if they give you a bad deal then tell them I would like to go to court. But if you get good deal then you should take it because if you take it to court and the cop shows the judge may charge you full penalty.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
They are always harsh on coupe drivers.

Should'a bought a sedan.

I support this message

Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
G35 6MT
Or maybe you could just take responsibility for what you did wrong and deal with it. If you can't afford to be speeding .. don't speed.

I've gotten numerous speeding tickets in the past, I've had my license suspended twice -- and I NEVER appealed any of it. I was driving like an idiot and got caught, accepted the consequences, and learned my lessons. I haven't been ticketed in over three years, since the last one that resulted in my second suspension.

I suggest you do the same.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Traffic lawyer, if not then your risking a lot. Those points alone will jack your insurance up $1,500+ over the next two years. Also, invest in some countermeasures, gotta pay to play.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flee to canada

Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
But if you CAN get out of it... why not? I was stupid too when I had my Z and got pulled over 20 times in 1 month. Got out of all the tickets. Why not if you can?

Yea.. I eventually learned my lesson but its a stage that everyone goes through when theyre young and drive a fast car. Especially for the boys. They take longer to mature. It will get old after awhile.
Because it's the principle behind it. If you do something wrong, and you get caught, you should deal with it.

Reap what you sow.

Last edited by [Rush]; 09-27-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
get a lawyer...
they work magic

Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
No "Cry Babies" here please, your right foot is connected to your brain!

Originally Posted by 4DGS
They are always harsh on coupe drivers.
Should'a bought a sedan.
This is one of those "What was I thinking" tickets, you should feel stupid driving 95 MPH....or I hope you do! It doesn't matter what you were driving, even 20 MPH over is going to get you busted.... Get a lawyer and plead retarded....LOL
Gary

Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
How you deal with the ticket depends on where you got it and what court you are summoned to. Laws vary from city to city, county to county, state to state. Talking to a DA or asking leniency from thejudge doesn't necessarily mean you will get reduced penalties. So do get a lawyer to learn what specific options you have in your particular case.

And in response the "personal responsibility" speeches:

First, the OP is dealing with a matter of civil law. The law of the US allows him to pursue different avenues and resources to defend himself and mitigate his damages, or even have the charge against him dismissed. Those are his rights as a legal US citizen.

Second, how I wish cops themselves would abide by this "personal responsibility" thing and give themselves tickets when they go 15-20 miles over the speed limit for no other reason that, well, who's going to ticket them?, or when they park on fire lanes to run to the store, or when they don't use turn signals when they change lanes and cut you off because they are missing the exit where the store offering the free sandwiches is.

Third, how I wish someone would make a radar detector that would detect people who are talking on the phone, smoking a cigarette, and applying makeup at the same time going 65 mph; or reading the newspaper or a book going 65 mph, so those cops sitting on their POS Dodges who could be fighting gang violence in Maryland - and believe me, there's plenty of that in MD - but instead sit on their asses most of the day waiting for someone going 15 miles over the speed limit because they are being "reckless"...

I could go on and on.. but I guess that's enough for now.

So again, to the OP, get a lawyer, preferably someone who works in the same city/county you got the ticket, and learn your options in your particular situation.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Get a lawyer if your rich. Not like you will get punished severe if you don't get one. Tell you the truth I would probably not spend $1000 on a lawyer for this kind of ticket.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a point; insurance doesn't care how many demerit points you obtain in an offense. It's the number of convictions, your age, type of car and other variables. So if you're fighting to get your points down just to lower your insurance premiums, don't bother. Only way your premium won't be affected is by not being convicted... or to not speed in the first place. A first time conviction may not be a large increase. A second conviction will definitely have an impact.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM
95mph on 270 is not at all advisable but really not all that rad. I work in MD and every day cruising is 80mph with flow of traffic on I-95 (The Beltway). While need to factor in folks doing unpredictable (which you can't) going 95mph is only 61% of cars potential speed and with good brakes & tires, dry open road and leaving distance, being nice with turn signals, and not weaving in and out can be argued by a good lawyer as not reckless. Definately go to court with lawyer & be humble to judge & for future keep mph with flow - I've got no tickets in 3 years without a detector but with 55 retarded limits universal in VA and MD could get one (not deserve one) every day.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
GO to court

You should always go to court and fight it. It's your first violation you will have no trouble getting rid of it. Just go in and when the judge calls you up, shut the heck up, let them talk. Apologize and ask for prayer before judgment. You'll be fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket...hlp pls