G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ECU's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU's

Hey guys,
I have read about the 'Technisource ECU' upgrade the 'Crawford Plenum' upgrade and the various grounding kits. I have heard mixed reviews regarding all these different things. Ive heard the ECU upgrade doesnt do anything, waste of money, and same goes for the grounding kit. I am basically interested in performing some not to $$ and not to cheapy mods specifically to improve performance. I will be soon purchasing the Z tube/K&N combo so that will already be taken care of. I want simple/basic mods that cost around $200-$700. The cost of upgrading exhaust....havent seen an exhaust yet worthy of $$ for the increase in HP (eg. 3 HP isnt worth $800 exhaust). What do you guys think?? Second thing is, I cannot find any site which sells the Technisource ECU....looked on everythingG, stillen, performancenissanparts....BTW, no F/I for me as I dont want to void my warranty, although i love the 'psssht' sound of a BOV.

Silver/Graphite 5AT, Loaded minus Navi, clear corners/clearance, PIAA eXtreme whites all around. Z-Tube and K&N Drop In VERY SOON!!

Old 08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Re: ECU's

Read my sig, those are the mods to start with.

As for your exhaust issue, every exhaust for the G is going to be expensive, from 800 all the way up to 2000+. Its just part of owning the car. If you want to change it, be prepared to have to pay for it.

As far as the TS ecu. I am ordering it right now, planed on sending them my ecu this coming monday. I am doing this in conjunction with Crawford headers and a fujitsubo front pipe and catback. I have never read any reviews of the TS ecu, but its theory is sound. The car is detuned, and TS fixes the problem. http://www.technosquareinc.com Go products, technosquare, then select nissan/infinit, g35 coupe/sedan. The reason no other company can sell this ECU (stillen, everythingG, pnp) is because you have to send TS your ecu to be flashed, it is not a seperate unit. This means 3 days w/o transportation, so if this is an issue to you, you may want to consider finding other mods. However, if faced with the situation I am in right now, if you want the TS ECU flashed to Doug at Crawford Z's specs (very helpful if you plan on running crawford headers, cats and plenum) you will need to get a full exhaust put on very shortly after, as the car will run slightly rich without the headers. Hope that helps.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
JWT/Z tube, UR pulley set (chrome), Crawford v5 plenum (black), Crawford Cats.

Proud to have more hp than a stock 05 =)

Old 08-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Re: ECU's

Ecu mods are NOT a waste of money by any means. When you change the exhaust, plenum, etc... you change how the car interpretes air flow/fuel. Some peoples cars lean out becasue of all the mods they have done. The ECu reflash can compensate by adding more fuel.
If you are just going to add a z tube and plenum then dont bother with the ECU. If you have plans to go FI, or add headers etc.. then a ECU upgrade is needed.
On automatics the ECu has a rev limitor that can be raised to allow the car to shift right under WOT throttle.
The ECU is the one thing that can hold your gains back, so being able to adjust is vital to adding HP.