G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fethered, Chopped, Whatever its called its happening AHHHHH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Firestone has a life-time alignment. That's hard to pass up. So you're saying Firestone doesn't know how to do an alignment? Who would you suggest?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I have lifetime at firestone and going to try to get the toe in spec with the bolts gosh this is so frustrating since now i have to install this crap again!!! wish i would of done it right the first time.

SPL Front camber Need to buy asap anyone??? or any front camber kit that can put me back in the positive in the front I am currenty -2.2

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM
sorry to bring this back up.. but what is a good toe spec to align the front so the feathering stops? I don't want to keep chopping tires the road nosie sucks.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:33 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
just so you guys know which one is what.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Why is it that people still don't get that it's NOT camber that is causing feathering, rather it's the TOE that is the main culprit.
+1, although the combination of excessive toe and camber helps tear through those tires faster.

To OP:
First off, I'm surprised your rear toe doesn't affect the drive to begin with... the toe in or toe out on the rears should really affect the behavior of the car while you're going through turns, driving over bumps and uneven surfaces, etc...

The front toe is already adjustable from the factory, but it can only be adjusted so much, and as far as I know, there are no aftermarket front toe kits on the market. If you can't get the toe up front back to spec, then camber arms will help give you more toe adjustment as adjusting camber affects toe, and vice versa... and that is where an alignment gets a bit too complicated for someone who hasn't been doing alignments that long.

Last edited by dofu; 02-22-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I'm continually surprised by how many members lower their Infiniti's and don't bother doing any kind of research, and complain when they start eating tires. From the factory our cars have some adjust ability but not quite enough to wear tires for say 30K miles....some do. Our G35s require complete camber/ toe kits when you lower it 1/2" to 3" doesn't matter. At the price of tires, yea even cheap tires you'll be $ ahead buy doing the job right....
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 02-23-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I'm continually surprised by how many member lower their Infiniti's and don't bother doing any kind of research, and complain when they start eating tires. From the factory our cars have some adjust ability but not quite enough to wear tires for say 30K miles....some do. Our G35s require complete camber/ toe kits when you lower it 1/2" to 3" doesn't matter. At the price of tires, yea even cheap tires you'll be $ ahead buy doing the job right....
Gary
well I actually have not noticed any difference in tire wear between stock suspension and 350Z Htech springs.

Now once my shocks started wearing out I did notice more uneven wear.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
I'm continually surprised by how many member lower their Infiniti's and don't bother doing any kind of research, and complain when they start eating tires. From the factory our cars have some adjust ability but not quite enough to wear tires for say 30K miles....some do. Our G35s require complete camber/ toe kits when you lower it 1/2" to 3" doesn't matter. At the price of tires, yea even cheap tires you'll be $ ahead buy doing the job right....
Gary
Technically, you can get by if you haven't dropped your car more than an inch. If you've dropped your car more than an inch, you'll have to live with faster tire wear, but you won't tear through tires if done right. But you do have a point, the savings on tires add up quick if you spend a lot on tires.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
so my question is what is the reconmended camber/ toe adjustment degrees so the tires would last longer once I get front and rear camber kits?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
That would really depend on your weight and what you want out of your car. If you hit the curvy roads a lot, you might want a little or maybe even a lot of camber. But you want the toe to be at 0 when your car is moving, so that would depend on your weight and possibly your passengers. Either way, any good alignment would be much better than what you have right now.

With that said, I would say that you should just get an alignment, and take it from there. If there's still a bit more wear than you like, then you need to change the settings a bit more.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
the main issue is the front. you can get camber arms if you're lowered and want to bring camber back to stock but the toe is the culprit. where ever you go tell them to set the front total toe to .18-.20. factory is .08 total.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
the main issue is the front. you can get camber arms if you're lowered and want to bring camber back to stock but the toe is the culprit. where ever you go tell them to set the front total toe to .18-.20. factory is .08 total.
Does the factory adjustment alow for these settings or A arms are needed to get these #s?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by rastaman
Does the factory adjustment alow for these settings or A arms are needed to get these #s?
No, that's the toe. The front A arms only adjust camber. When you lower your car, you're adding natural camber and for the fronts it's impossible to adjust without buying aftermarket A arms for camber adjustment. The rear is different, the rear you can adjust from factory a little.

As for the toe, with the front you don't need to buy anything and I don't think anything is available to adjust the toe, it's all done using factory parts. To be honest, the factory toe adjustment for the front is plenty. I have -4.7 degrees of camber up front and my tear wear is as it should be. Toe is set properly, although in my case I needed the toe to be set up to follow the road more so I get better wear. Only disadvantage is that if the road is curvy, my car pulls in that direction.

For the rear you can adjust the toe only so much, after that you would need to buy aftermarket toe bolts. That will be good enough to about -4 degrees of camber (in the rear).

Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks.. so the factory parts will allow me to get to 0.18 - .20 adjustment on the toe?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
No, that's the toe. The front A arms only adjust camber. When you lower your car, you're adding natural camber and for the fronts it's impossible to adjust without buying aftermarket A arms for camber adjustment. The rear is different, the rear you can adjust from factory a little.

As for the toe, with the front you don't need to buy anything and I don't think anything is available to adjust the toe, it's all done using factory parts. To be honest, the factory toe adjustment for the front is plenty. I have -4.7 degrees of camber up front and my tear wear is as it should be. Toe is set properly, although in my case I needed the toe to be set up to follow the road more so I get better wear. Only disadvantage is that if the road is curvy, my car pulls in that direction.

For the rear you can adjust the toe only so much, after that you would need to buy aftermarket toe bolts. That will be good enough to about -4 degrees of camber (in the rear).
To add to this, like I mentioned earlier, when you mess with camber, you mess with toe too... so if you need more toe adjustment, getting the front a-arms for camber adjustment will help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fethered, Chopped, Whatever its called its happening AHHHHH