G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

will you let dealer wash your G ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004 | 10:24 AM
G SQUAD
Re: will you let dealer wash your G ?

when i went back to the dealership to get my plates.....they insisted i get a car wash since the car was filthy...i agreed....to my disappointed.....besides dirty rims, they left a nice 2 inch scratch on the winshield with only 485 miles on the coupe.........NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
04.5 G coupe / TB/Willow / 5aT ( I do enough shifting with my bikes) / Premium / Splash guards / Trunk mat // 01 Yamaha R6 / 02 Yamaha R1

Old 08-18-2004 | 10:37 AM
DJM

That is the best idea ever. I totally agree with you about the dealers. They aren't washing my car!!!! I am fed up with other people in this world that do not have the same respect for vehicles as I do. Im taking my car in for a couple of bugs to get worked out this friday. I must remember to remind them NOT to wash the car. My Zaino will be coming in today...WooHoo!!!!

Old 08-18-2004 | 10:52 AM

I taped a sign over the clock and insisted they put it on the work order. The service manager got in the car to put the service tag on the mirror and removed my sign. So, I walked back over and asked him to put it back. He said it was on the work order. I asked him to consider how much time and money it would cost them if they forgot. He agreed and put the sign back up.

I put please and thank you on the sign. I really approach it with the idea that I'm saving all involved many headaches. I even asked if the high school car washer was getting paid by the car, 'cause I'll pay him double to not wash my car.

So far, so good. I dont think it makes me look like a jerk..but if they did wash it, then I would really '***-out' in the place.

My personal fav is when they removed the mats so they wouldnt get dirty.. then tracked crap all over the ACTUAL CARPET! ugh... dumbasses..

Old 08-18-2004 | 03:11 PM

Ok so I'm the only one who lets them wash my car. Sometimes they do a poor job, sometimes they do an awesome job. I've never had them damage or scratch anything (at least not that I can see).

Nate

Old 08-18-2004 | 04:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

No, I wouldn't let my dealer wash my car.....but then I wouldn't let anyone else wash it either......[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-18-2004 | 06:11 PM

Somewhat related, but not really... Anyone have issues with places when they are installing tires? Particularly with scratching your rims, or removing the metal stems and replacing them with rubber ones?

Just curious, as I'm scared when I get new tires, I'll get the car back with scratches all over the rim, and nice black valve stems. One time I asked to place to hand torque the lugs... I watched them use the air ratchet, and then go back later with a torque wrench and tighten it... They probably thought I was being a jerk for checking the lugs in the parking lot in front of the stall, but I went bezerk when I found that none of the locking lugs were installed. There were just spun on by hand, and not even tightened. At another place with another car, when I was checking the lugs in the car, I went to losen the lugs in the parking lot, and actually snapped the extension on my socket wrench. I went back to them, and they denied any wrong doing. So I asked them to losen and re-tighten that particular lug. When they went to do it, they snapped the stud off.

Am I just too paranoid? My wife told me when Acura Roadside assistance came to change her tire, (she was in a suit), they removed her tire, and plopped it onto the ground face first, putting a bunch of scuffs on her rims.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone had issues with places jacking up the valve stems or low tire pressure sensors, or rims, etc.

Old 08-18-2004 | 06:39 PM

All of your examples are shining examples of our American society today. NO ONE GIVES A DAMN about other peoples property.
The saying "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" must mean that most people want the **** kicked out of them and thier property stomped on because thats how most people seem to act today.
People at work are always giving my crap for parking crooked at the very back of the parking lot...(none of them would park their lazy *** out that far anyway)...They just don't understand. Dinging my car to me is like me punching them in the face.....

Oh Yeah....No my dealer does not wash my car....

I have been building cars from Street Rods to Performance cars for 25 years. I trust noone with any car that I own....

Old 08-19-2004 | 03:01 PM

Not only no but HELL NO!

Old 08-19-2004 | 11:10 PM

only if guaranteed by hand. i have dg, swirls no issue

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 08-19-2004 | 11:37 PM

Sooo, it's pretty clear that nearly all G35 Drivers surveyed said:

"No"
"Hell, no"
"Maybe...if they spend 2+ hours washing my car"
"If they use the two bucket method and rinse the wash mitt after 1-2 passes"

And a few other variations thereof.

Bottom line: G35 Drivers are hard-core, fanatical car enthusiast. Well, what do you expect when you own a car as beautiful as this, right?

;-)

Oh, yeah, "Just say 'No' to dealership car washes". I do.

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

326453-G35 S vs G35 C 03.jpg

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:03 AM

No Way!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, Clear Corners, V1

Old 08-20-2004 | 09:26 AM

poolshark, is that your daily driver, the Vespa, in the background?? J/K :-)

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero / Pedals / Clears

Old 08-20-2004 | 11:45 AM

__________________________________________________ _
"All of your examples are shining examples of our American society today. NO ONE GIVES A DAMN about other peoples property.
The saying "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" must mean that most people want the **** kicked out of them and thier property stomped on because thats how most people seem to act today.
People at work are always giving my crap for parking crooked at the very back of the parking lot...(none of them would park their lazy *** out that far anyway)...They just don't understand. Dinging my car to me is like me punching them in the face....."

I AGREE!

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 08-20-2004 | 05:30 PM

I took my G in to get the clutch chatter looked at and they washed my car without even asking me. Well I looked at it in the light and they put sooo much swirls on it. I took it back complained and they gave my G a wax job and free oil change. But the swirls are still there. At least they tried. SO don't let dealer wash your car.

'The Rice is mightier than the corn'
DG 6MT, Baby G

Old 08-20-2004 | 05:58 PM

As good and competent as my dealership seems to be, I can not or should I say will not let them clean this car......

They washed my last car (I35) a few times, and had no problems other than some residue water flowing from the doors and trunk area....They do handwash...but I've seem some black cars come out of there looking pretty funky with all the spots they miss.....

I'm probably just as **** as anyone here when it comes to maintaining my car myself.....If no one else touches it,.........no one else scratches it!

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: will you let dealer wash your G ?