G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Great News for us COUPE OWNERS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Great News for us COUPE OWNERS!!!

In other words you have a closed mind. I've met a few of your type, very unreasonable people.

Old 08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Prior to my purchasing my G I found out that I get the GM supplier discount and could have purchased a Corvette Z06 for less than I paid for the G. I opted for reliablity because I do not have the time or the patience to deal with the problems associated with the American cars I have battled through in the past.

I know 100 people are going to respond with their marvelous experiences with domestic cars and how a Vette will beat the pants off of the G and how stupid and norrow-minded I am being but I can only say that I am speaking from personal experience. This is not a debate, I am simply stating my opinion and no amount of arguing will change that.

<hr></blockquote>

Your opinion is duly noted. However, if you had purchased my Z06, you would have had a more reliable car than my particular G35. This is based on my real experience. Its not hypothetical, its not some statistic, its not some predicted factor in Consumer Reports, its the real world. I own both a Z06 and a G35, and the fact is the Z06 has been more reliable and has had fewer problems than the G35 by a long shot, despite being one year older than my G35 and with more miles (hard miles at that). I'm looking at this totally objectively - no emotions, no preferences, just the facts.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black, headers, intake, exhaust, 380 rwhp

Old 08-29-2004, 03:42 AM

In other words you have a closed mind. I've met a few of your type, very unreasonable people.

<hr></blockquote>

A closed mind would be someone who has never given an American car a shot. As I said, I gave then a shot, not once, but twice and had poor experiences with both. I think of that as being pretty open minded.

As for being unreasonable: Should a battered wife go back to her husband regardless of how much she gets beat up? No. The same applies to cars. American cars have treated me poorly, Japanese cars have treated me wonderfully. I said before I am speaking from experience and that's the truth. It is not up for debate. I gave them a shot and they failed. Based on that, you're telling me I should continue to purchase a product that has given me nothing but headaches, otherwise I'll be a closed minded and unreasonable person? Doesn't sound like a reasonable statement to me.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 08-29-2004, 04:03 AM

Your opinion is duly noted. However, if you had purchased my Z06, you would have had a more reliable car than my particular G35. This is based on my real experience. Its not hypothetical, its not some statistic, its not some predicted factor in Consumer Reports, its the real world. I own both a Z06 and a G35, and the fact is the Z06 has been more reliable and has had fewer problems than the G35 by a long shot, despite being one year older than my G35 and with more miles (hard miles at that). I'm looking at this totally objectively - no emotions, no preferences, just the facts.

<hr></blockquote>

Clearly you've had much better luck than I have with American cars and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I am not trying to argue with anyone on this and I probably should never have made the comment in the first place knowing, with my luck, what would happen. I was only posting an article I found while reading the paper on the train with some good information for coupe owners. Here I am thinking I'm helping someone sleep better at night, and I end up fighting with people... needless to say these were not my intentions.

Look, I don't want to beat a dead horse any further and I don't think anything I've said is deserving of personal insult from other users. All of the things I write are my opinion and should be taken as such.

Z06ified, I am thrilled that you've had a great experience with the Vette and I wish (seriously) that I had the same luck with my cars but that wasn't the case. That is unfortunate because some of the new generation domestics are really impressive (*especially* the next generation Vette). Someday I will give them another shot but for now I still have a sour taste in my mouth. I'll get over it as I get over everything else.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 PM

I've owned 3 American cars (God knows why?), all sucked. Ford Probe, Ford Explorer, Chevy Blazer (I bought it for my mom, it still sucked).

I will never, ever, buy American again. Sorry to all who are offended. I could write a 4 page horror story of all the crap that went wrong, but I'll spare you. Since then, I've owned a 97 Mitsu Eclipse (0.0 problems and had 45k miles), a 00 Montero Sport (0.0 55k miles still no probs) and of course my G35 Coupe (12k 0.0 probs).

Now don't get me wrong, I love my country, but America needs to take it's head outta it's *** and make some good, reliable cars.

...now here comes the flurry of all those pick-em-ups, etc, whose had 25000000000 miles on theres and still going strong. Good for you. Ford/Chevy still blows. If NASCAR ever let Japanese cars in the circuit, holy crap would they rule. But that's a whole other topic.

- 03 Bril. Slvr Coupe, Aero & Wheel Pkg -

Old 08-30-2004, 12:25 PM

I don't have a problem with your specific experiences with any car that you might have owned, but to say that American cars "blow" is ignorant. Statisticly there is not much difference between japanese and domestic. Alot of so called japanese cars are made in the U.S.
You have had bad luck.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"haha. damn, you guys take things too seriously on the "Internet" Who cares if i make one stupid reply?"

Obviously, at least one person did. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding, but maybe you can try to be more clear in your original statement. Not everyone will see the humor in what you say. Something as simple as a well chosen smiley can usually get the point across. Or at the least it will CYA.

Then again, if noone should care about your comment on the "internet", why do you even defend your actions? Or is it that you do actually care?