G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bucking like crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucking like crazy

I've got a 06 6MT Coupe and while on the freeway yesterday, it started bucking and shaking up to the point where I had to drive to an exit and into a parking lot. I could not get over 10 mph.

In the parking lot while in neutral ( I had not shut it off), it seemed fine when I pressed on the gas so I decided to continue my journey home. It was fine after that. I did not get any warning lights or flashing dash lights so it didn`t seem to be electrical.

Is this a common issue with G35s? I just bought it and it`s the first time it does this for the 1k miles I've owned it.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Your issue sounds like a clogged injector or two. Consider yourself lucky it somehow cleared up. Use only quality gas (Chevron) and add Red Line's Fuel Injector cleaner to your gas tank every 10K miles....works for me.
Gary

Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Your issue sounds like a clogged injector or two. Consider yourself lucky it somehow cleared up. Use only quality gas (Chevron) and add Red Line's Fuel Injector cleaner to your gas tank every 10K miles....works for me.
Gary
Thanks.

Could be but I have doubts. Problems like that ususally don`t disappear. I had a smiliar issue last week - it`s stalled when I stopped and it wouldn`t start - but finally restarted after 3rd try. I actually though it wasn`t even started but it was!

I put Shell super premium in my next fill-up and this happened about 50 miles into the tank.

I always put high octane fuel. Don`t know about previous owner but I did not see any signs in the first 1k miles.

My theories are condensation somewhere, flaky distributor, bad throttle signal or fuel pump.

I will perform an ECU reset.

My Kia Sedona van does this when it`s cold and humid. But it clears up about 5 minutes of driving it.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM
i had a similar problem, and it was the injectors... only a few of them went bad..good luck

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by mattyjman
i had a similar problem, and it was the injectors... only a few of them went bad..good luck
Is that covered under warranty? When you said they went bad - did they need cleaning or replacement?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^Bad could mean done...cooked..toast. but clean your injectors and see what happens.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Any blue/white smoke out the back end when it did this? 06 6mt = revup VQ, hows your oil level too.......

On a better note, try cleaning your MAF (or replace) and/or re-cal your throttle throttle position sensor. Just a bat disconnect to reset ECU won't recal your TB.

Shell V-Power only on mine = high quality fuel as well and don't need to add injector cleaner to keep those tip top. Never used fuel additives and my combustion efficiency is stellar from my UOA analysis reports.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Any blue/white smoke out the back end when it did this? 06 6mt = revup VQ, hows your oil level too.......

On a better note, try cleaning your MAF (or replace) and/or re-cal your throttle throttle position sensor. Just a bat disconnect to reset ECU won't recal your TB.

Shell V-Power only on mine = high quality fuel as well and don't need to add injector cleaner to keep those tip top. Never used fuel additives and my combustion efficiency is stellar from my UOA analysis reports.
I didn`t really pay attention to that. I did check the oil last week and it was Full. I will check again.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by scouzi
I didn`t really pay attention to that. I did check the oil last week and it was Full. I will check again.
It did it again today but this time SEL,SLIP and VDC OFF lights alle came on. I took it to the dealer and he said it`s bad O2 sensors (I`m skeptical).

As for all the lights coming on - he says it`s because my front brake pads are low (30%) and the brake fluid pressure makes this happen. Does this make any sense?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by scouzi
It did it again today but this time SEL,SLIP and VDC OFF lights alle came on. I took it to the dealer and he said it`s bad O2 sensors (I`m skeptical).

As for all the lights coming on - he says it`s because my front brake pads are low (30%) and the brake fluid pressure makes this happen. Does this make any sense?
Bad O2 sensors on an '06? How many miles do you have on your car? That seems pretty early to need to be replacing those.

Check the fluid level in your brake fluid reservoir, if it's near full.. that's not the problem. Your brakes will start to squeal when it gets to the point where they absolutely need replacement(you'll want to replace them well before they get to that point though)... but you shouldn't have any other visible warnings such as a light on the dash coming on to tell you that they are starting to get low. The wear indicator on the brake caliper is the only means of knowing your pads are real low aside from removing your wheels and taking some pad measurements with a Vernier.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Bad O2 sensors on an '06? How many miles do you have on your car? That seems pretty early to need to be replacing those.

Check the fluid level in your brake fluid reservoir, if it's near full.. that's not the problem. Your brakes will start to squeal when it gets to the point where they absolutely need replacement(you'll want to replace them well before they get to that point though)... but you shouldn't have any other visible warnings such as a light on the dash coming on to tell you that they are starting to get low. The wear indicator on the brake caliper is the only means of knowing your pads are real low aside from removing your wheels and taking some pad measurements with a Vernier.
The brakes were 70% worn (according to them) so I replaced the pads ( could have gone longer but I decided to do it now. They gave me the old pads but I haven't measured them.

I also had some bad CAM sensors too. Did not get the problem again on my 30 mile ride back home. Strangely, the car seemed a lot more responsive than before but maybe they reset the ECU.

Accordint to the service rep - my car went into "limp mode".

Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Try using seafoam and cleaning out your injectors.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Well after 2 weeks of Infiniti changing the CAM position sensors, the problem is gone. So in my case, it was indeed the sensors.

I just wished that Infiniti installed some warning light of this "limp mode" to indicate that the car is in a different mode by design so the driver would know.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Limp mode....back in my mazda days you could tell that the car is in a limp mode by similar problems that we are notticing in our g's. Very crappy gas milage, lack of responce from the engine etc.Check engile light woulnd not come one but the engine would be in a limp mode.....Predefined air and fule mixture (running rich)... and damn your engine does suffer alot.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Maciuniu
Limp mode....back in my mazda days you could tell that the car is in a limp mode by similar problems that we are notticing in our g's. Very crappy gas milage, lack of responce from the engine etc.Check engile light woulnd not come one but the engine would be in a limp mode.....Predefined air and fule mixture (running rich)... and damn your engine does suffer alot.
I remember my Mazda 626 Chronos just completely dying randomly on the freeway. It turned out to be because of the TFI ignition module which Ford had to recall millions of cars. Of course, the recall didn`t affect Mazda even though it was basically the same car as the Ford Probe with the same parts.

Mazda never acknowledged the problem and wanted $800 to fix it. I then bought a TFI module from Ford for $60 and had it installed by a shop. Mazda never sold the part as a separate item and made you buy the entire ignition system.

I never bought a Mazda since.