G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does your G feel slower than before???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your G feel slower than before???

Ok.. i dont know if this is just in my head. But since i first got my G, it seems like it has gotten slower than it was before. I didn't really drive my car too hard during the 1200 mile break in period. But since the break in period, I been driving my car pretty fast. I once drove my G going 125mph for 40 miles straight, and i have redlined my G countless times also. I now have 9200 miles on my G right now, and it seems to feel slower than it was before. I did the ECu reseting thing all the time. Almost once a week because i want to keep my G fast. So i know its not the ECU thats making my G slower. Well as i said before all of this can just be in my head, because im such a speed freak. Can somebody please tell me if this is just in my head or ive done some kind of damage to my G and it just doesn't run as fast anymore??

By the way my G is stock so its not because of any modifications. And im running mobil 1 synthetic oil since 6800 miles. Can anyone help me? I hope its just in my head.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
Re: Does your G feel slower than before???

If anything, your G should be getting faster with more mileage. But yea man i feel u. Seems like my G is getting slower too, but I still race my buddy who i have been racing since i got the car. I still beat him about the same, so im pretty sure its just in my head. I think like I have, you have gotten used to the speed. Also, the large size of the G kinda makes you feel like you arent going that fast. But yea, its just in ur head bro.

5AT Coupe, Black on Black, Chrome Wheel/Performance Package, Premium, Aero w/spoiler, Eibach springs, Clear corners.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

from a drug point of view (our G's qualify since theyre so addicting and make us feel so cool)
when you experience the feeling the first time it has the greatest effect, afterwards the feeling decreases and is never the same

its all in your head, its called tolerance [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anything, my car felt slow when i first got it, but now it feels alot faster

Old 08-28-2004, 01:28 AM

I just got back from a 2 week stay at my family's home in NJ and so wasn't able to drive my G35 for little over 2 weeks. When I got back last Tuesday, man it felt as good as when I first got the car. I never reset the ECU, I also think it has to do with you getting used to the power of the car...

Old 08-28-2004, 01:57 AM

It's easy to make your G feel faster again. Just drive a different car. Basically, as someone else said, you get used to how it feels, so it doesn't feel as fast anymore. Same thing with DSL. Going from dial-up to DSL (or cable modem) feels fast, but after while, it's still not fast enough :P

Old 08-28-2004, 02:11 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo everything you said, is exactly what happened to me and why i started going nuts with my modding LOL.. Even my car with all of my stuff in it it felt slower to me, and now with the exhaust, pullies tightened and everything being broken in and 13k miles ont he car ESPECIALLY in the colder air, my car has been a beast!! I ran a 5.4 0-60 and 14.17 on my heavy 19's with a gtech, i figure it should be around there with my stock 17's or maybe even a little lower and have been beating some pretty impressive cars lately, my thread is in the sedan section if anyone cares. My advice is, get some good gas in it, reset the ECU and just beat on it for a little bit, i drive my car so hard during liek the whole day, its sick but i cant stop
Or start modifying your car, it will put the smile back on ur face with a few things in it =) Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
HPDesign Evo 19's..

Old 08-28-2004, 02:15 AM

How do you reset the ECU? Can I do it myself?

04 Black G 35 Coupe 6 MT

Old 08-28-2004, 03:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

instructions are in the faq/diy section. yes you can do it yourself and it is easy but requires some timing

Old 08-28-2004, 03:52 AM

Im just scared that maybe i beat on my car so much, that i did some permanent damages on it. But, i only have 9200 miles on it. I wouldn't have messed up my car that much right?? Can the VQ35 handle numerous redlining and fast runs??

Old 08-28-2004, 12:02 PM

hmm... maybe you have too many girls sittin in that back seat of yours.
hehehe

Old 08-28-2004, 05:23 PM

The G is a powerful car, though I have not bought mine yet, I have driven it several times, and when jumping into it, you have to admit, that the initial drive off is a thrill. The way it powers into turns, accelerates blindly fast, and the way it seems that it's telling you to give it more juice. Then after the drive, I hop back into my own car, and drive off, and it feels like....well...crap.

This basically is what economists call insatiable. We have unlimited wants, but only a limited supply of resources, therefore, when we finally get what we want, we are satisfied for a little bit, thrilled even, but then, the cycle repeats itself, and we want more.

THat's just my 2 cents. Enjoy the car though. I'm waiting still to do so. =/

Old 08-28-2004, 05:35 PM

thnx for all the positive feedback. =) So im guessing the consensus is i didn't really mess up my car and its all in my head??

Old 08-28-2004, 05:55 PM
G SQUAD

Hey I got 13k on mine and I feel the same about the car feeling slower. Sometimes w/ the AC on the car feels a lot slower. THen sometimes the car will just be ready to fly. Sometimes I could swear my car has a mind of its own in which sometimes its in the mood to be out and other times its like f*ck this I m just gonna chill today. Could be in my head, I dunno. I havent done the ECU reset yet. Maybe I'll do it today.
-Vin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your G feel slower than before???