G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer Installing NEW engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 03:01 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dealer Installing NEW engine

Now see this is my problem, Why should I pay for an engine flush to diagnose the problem when it's a common problem withthe engine. I'm gonna go have an interesting talk with the service manager today. And we'll see what he says.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Common [engine problem] is relative out of 250,000 how many is common enough to be COMMON] and you won't get any official comments on the engines for some time yet if ever.

Never heard of a customer paid diagnosis fee for an oil consumption problem...........customers mistake not informing Infiniti by registered mail to get the 30 day clock running [of course copy the service manager at the dealership], since they will be doing any work Infiniti authorizes [agrees they will pay for].

Old 09-15-2004, 05:02 PM
G SQUAD

Well common or not my car is blatently burning oil. The manager suggested the engine flush and an oil change to determine if it was burning oil at my expense.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That leads me to another question. Do I have to be without the car for 30 days or do they have 30 days from when I initially brought the car in to fix the problem in order for the lemon law to kick in? I don't want to have this drag on for months as they slowly try and diagnose my problem. I also don't want to live at the dealership either. What a pain in the @$$.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 09-15-2004, 05:59 PM

what does it say in your warranty book? most car warranties say all labor, diagnosis, and materials covered for x/y.

if thats whats in the infiniti booklet, just show it to them when they say that want $ for diagnosis.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:35 PM

My test was based on miles driven. The dealer changed the oil at dealers expense. I came in after 500 miles and I was about 1/ quart. I came in after 1000 miles and I was 34 oz low total.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:35 PM

My test was based on miles driven. The dealer changed the oil at dealers expense. I came in after 500 miles and I was about 1/ quart. I came in after 1000 miles and I was 34 oz low total.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:11 AM
G SQUAD

Yeah I just got off the phone with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. I shouldn't have a problem now. I hope.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:23 PM

I agree totally unacceptable! Especially for a car that new, replacing your engine is not a solution in my eyes. Honestly you should be given a replacement vehicle, or equivalent 05 model.

I use to have a 98 Prelude, after 60,000 kms it started to burn oil all of a sudden. Prior to this my dipstick always pretty much read full. A definite manufacturing defect, I chose to sell the car cause I don't want to deal with a car having a replacement engine.

Anyways my friend bought a C-Class benz and noticed a problem with the steering (some drifting/vibrating issue). Hassled the dealer cause it never got fixed entirely. Long story short....they gave him a whole new car! Infiniti should be doing the same in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2004, 07:58 PM

Thanks for backing me up on this. I was thinking for a while there tha I was the only one who that this was a half-*** way of dealing with the problem. Well the update is that the dealer now has my car and seems to be on my side... they'll let me know tomorrow what the diagnosis is and I'll keep updating.

Thanks again -

Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 09-17-2004, 10:33 AM
G SQUAD

I would love a new car but I dont see how you can expect a new car. Believe me I'm on your side they are more tahn welcome to replace my car but I dont see how we can expect something like that. Lets face it the car )at least mine) has 36k on it. Thats 36k worth of wear and tear on the Paint, Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Interior, Etc. All which are holding up fine (aside From the paint). A new motor at 36k Is nice if you ask me. I mean thats 36k miles that you wont have on the motor when you go to sell the car or 36k extra that you can put on the car b4 you sell it. Yeah it sux that you have to go through the hassel of replacing a motor on your new car. But if thats what has to be done then it's the right thing in my book. I mean if they said We have to replace your whole car I would sit back and let them do it no questions asked but I doubt they would do something like that.

i had a 97' Lude that had the same problem , I sold it and bought the G and still have the same problem. The Lude had 80k though. Gotta love cars!!

Old 09-17-2004, 12:56 PM

In my eyes, a huge surgery on a car (ie new engine) is not particularly good for any vehicle. There are too many chances for something to go wrong and with my luck so far they will. The car is brand new... I understand that it is unlikely that I will get a new car because of this but my point is that the car may have a bad engine and that is a bad reflection on the car overall. I would never purchase a used car on its second engine and it's incredibly unfair for me to have to face that prospect by no fault of mine.

I can see if I beat the hell out of the car and wanted to "just get a new car" that would be $hitty, but that's not the case. This is a brand new car barely off the lot and it already has a major mechanical issue, it just doesn't sit well with me.

The dealer called me this morning telling me the car wasn't abnormally low on oil, to which I replied "yeah I put 2 and a half quarts into it" I then explained that if I had driven the car with 2qts of oil it would/could have caused more damage to the car making me an irresponsible owner and more than likely voiding my warrantee for failing to maintain the vehicle properly. A truly rediculous situation. So they want me to blow up the motor just to prove the car has a problem? Anyway, they did a full oil change and want me to come back in 1,000 miles to monitor my consumption. I will again keep updating.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 09-17-2004, 02:56 PM

I wonder if these engine problems are on cars in a specific VIN range? Can you guys with oil consumption post the last digits of your VIN so we can see if there is any pattern?

'04.5 Twilight Blue Coupe//Willow Leather//Premium Pkg//Perf. Tire & Wheel Pkg//Sunroof//Splash Guards//Satellite Radio

Old 09-17-2004, 03:09 PM
G SQUAD

I mean If I had less than I guess 7k on the car I might want another one. But at 36k I just ant it taken care of. I will be doing the same thing next week I suppose.

The last 4 are E33M By the way.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:50 PM

thats my whole point, I only have 3,000 miles...

Porkchop Sandwiches

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Installing NEW engine