G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New G35 owner, baaaaad gas mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I drive 100 miles a day round trip. All highway, some stop lights. I have a 6mt and shift at 3500 rpms and get 21.... That's pretty good imho...

Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never got better than 280 per tank (on the highway, with cruise on)...with Premium, filling up at 1/4 tank. The best I've got so far is 23 mpg.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM
All honesty G's are not practical daily drivers(DD) imo! They are to be pulled out at nite on weekends only, maybe friday after work but thats it. Im DDing mine now and its just not feasible. Cant wait till the irs decide when i can get my 240!!

Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by OBG3506
All honesty G's are not practical daily drivers(DD) imo! They are to be pulled out at nite on weekends only, maybe friday after work but thats it. Im DDing mine now and its just not feasible. Cant wait till the irs decide when i can get my 240!!
That's one of the most obnoxious things I've ever read. So a G35 assumes garage queen duty next to that F430 because it's unsuitable to be daily driven right? It's a mass produced Nissan product, come back down to earth.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Abdizzle
That's one of the most obnoxious things I've ever read. So a G35 assumes garage queen duty next to that F430 because it's unsuitable to be daily driven right? It's a mass produced Nissan product, come back down to earth.
Haha! Welcome to the G35 forums.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
By the time the light turns on, I usually have 300-320 miles on it. And there's about 3 gallons left in it when the gas light comes on.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Sh;t, try $150 in an F150 with heavy *** 22s. My G is a godsend of $50 a tank instead of $150
Already made that mistake, in 2004 I bought a F-350 and instead of opting for the diesel at the time I went with the V-10.. That lasted about 2 months and then I visited the local Acura dealer

Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Driving the car until its nearly out of fuel basicly turns the pump into a bottom feeder. It will pick up any kind of debris sitting at the bottom of the tank, hence why people say always turn the car off when fueling and do not ever fill your car up at a station where the truck is filling the underground tank. It stirs up any kind of debris and you will wind up with it somewhere you dont want it to be. I am starting to get a better feel for the fuel situation, it seems to run better and last longer with Sunoco. Another issue that I have is that I live in the wonderful state of NJ and if you ever had the bliss of experiencing the madness here you would take that into calculation. For example NJ drivers, especially these god awful driving moms will instantly merge from any on ramp or exit and immediatly blast all the way over into the passing lane and do a blistering 5 mph under the local speed limit. This in fact happened to me twice today, a minivan merged all the way from the right lane on to a 3 lane highway and in very very light traffic found it an absolute necessity to be in the passing lane where aI was doing about 70-72 in a 65 mph zone thus causing me to jamb the brakes and accelerate around them. Then on the way home from work I had the liberty of finding a soccer mom who seemed to be the typical 2010 era mom who pumps kids out and uses them as an excuse not to work (ypical NJ woman) decides that she doesnt have to wait on traffic to clear before she pulls out onto the main road in her Mercedes suv.. I had to go into the oncoming lane to avoid collision and thankfully there were no cars coming my way. So yes another hard acceleration to get in the clear.. Funny thing is at the light she actually had the nerve to be smug with me and tell me if I would have hit her it would have been my fault but in truth if I hit her, her kid would be sipping out of a straw this moment.. Point of the story is, is that driving environment has a lot to do with it.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I get about 335 a tank myself. Everyone seems to be getting the same. It is what you should expect with a performance auto.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I consistently average 21 mpg (375 a tank, 17.5 gals at fill-up) in nearly all city driving, 25 mpg hwy at 80 mph. 5AT, but lots of folks on here are getting 15-18 city.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamco973
Driving the car until its nearly out of fuel basicly turns the pump into a bottom feeder. It will pick up any kind of debris sitting at the bottom of the tank, hence why people say always turn the car off when fueling and do not ever fill your car up at a station where the truck is filling the underground tank. It stirs up any kind of debris and you will wind up with it somewhere you dont want it to be. I am starting to get a better feel for the fuel situation, it seems to run better and last longer with Sunoco. Another issue that I have is that I live in the wonderful state of NJ and if you ever had the bliss of experiencing the madness here you would take that into calculation. For example NJ drivers, especially these god awful driving moms will instantly merge from any on ramp or exit and immediatly blast all the way over into the passing lane and do a blistering 5 mph under the local speed limit. This in fact happened to me twice today, a minivan merged all the way from the right lane on to a 3 lane highway and in very very light traffic found it an absolute necessity to be in the passing lane where aI was doing about 70-72 in a 65 mph zone thus causing me to jamb the brakes and accelerate around them. Then on the way home from work I had the liberty of finding a soccer mom who seemed to be the typical 2010 era mom who pumps kids out and uses them as an excuse not to work (ypical NJ woman) decides that she doesnt have to wait on traffic to clear before she pulls out onto the main road in her Mercedes suv.. I had to go into the oncoming lane to avoid collision and thankfully there were no cars coming my way. So yes another hard acceleration to get in the clear.. Funny thing is at the light she actually had the nerve to be smug with me and tell me if I would have hit her it would have been my fault but in truth if I hit her, her kid would be sipping out of a straw this moment.. Point of the story is, is that driving environment has a lot to do with it.
WTF!!! Learn to write use PARAGRAPHS!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by EnerOnE
WTF!!! Learn to write use PARAGRAPHS!!!!
For real as that just hurts the eyes.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamco973
First of all, I live in Chicago, so don't talk to me about crazy drivers and soccer moms. Second, quit blaming other people for the way you drive. Everyone has had to accelerate hard or slam on their brakes, but hard acceleration to avoid an occasional situation does not equal - 70 miles in a tank

Last edited by fastkat; 01-22-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:36 AM
220 a tank is terrible, even if that entails nothing but city. In my usual routine, which includes about a 60/40 mixture of city/highway, I average nearly 400 per tank. I don't drive like a grandma, but I don't drive like an idiot either. 100% highway cruising at ~80mph yields over 500 miles. I can make it from SF to LA in one tank with a few gallons left, and during one stretch, I nearly reached 28mpg (according to my fillup calculations, not the stupid nav computer). Everyone always told me before I bought my G35 that it would be a guzzler, but I find the efficiency more than acceptable.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Stidrver
Just got my 06 g35 coupe last week when i filled it up i was like damn!!!! it was 50 bucks!! but to my suprise i got 335 to the tank driving a mixture of highway and city driving not too shabby.
Well if you think $50 is a lot to fill up a G35 try the $87 it cost back in the summer of 2008.

And with 500 million more cars that will be on the road in China and India by decades end it ain't going to get cheaper.

Last edited by athens; 01-24-2010 at 01:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New G35 owner, baaaaad gas mileage