Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should of joined the AF =D

Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bring your car

Originally Posted by ambiguous113
This past week i got processed and officially signed my contract to serve in the navy and i'm trying to get my **** together before i leave and don't know what to do with my G. After bootcamp i'm going to be stationed in Virginia Beach, Virginia for both A school and C school for my job training but i don't know if i should have my car driven down there so i can have it. About the time i'm going to be there it'll be snow season and my car is lowered and his normal tires so i don't know if i should go with snow tires or just leave the car at home all together. What seems like the best choice? or any other suggestions of what i should do
After bootcamp you will be able to go home and get it. (most the time atleast) If you dont bring your car to va beach you are going to hate life. Imagine you get off work and they say go home and you cant leave because your stuck on base. The commuter system here is a joke. As for snow. This is prob the first year i have seen snow stick to the roads here and ive been stationed in norfolk for 6 years now.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurK
lol, amen to this! 12 years and still going strong!

Again, trust me my squidly little brother (much love to our navy brethern!) You are going to want to leave the base whenever you get a chance. If your a/c schools are anything like our Tech school, then yea... once you're off, you're going to want to get OFF and see the sights and party with the local crazies...lol.

I sure do miss home.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Under Construction
keep the car... its one less thing you have to worry about when you are in service...

Old 02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Under Construction
aint gonna lie but yea i would have gone airforce if i had a second chance... but hey i am enjoying my career as a 8404-green side corpsman...

Old 02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Yeah for sure airforce has some good qualities to it but the better opportunity to travel on ships to different countries is what got me to the navy...and plus my sister is in A school right now so she kinda persuaded me too

Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hard to advance

Originally Posted by ambiguous113
Yeah for sure airforce has some good qualities to it but the better opportunity to travel on ships to different countries is what got me to the navy...and plus my sister is in A school right now so she kinda persuaded me too
Airforce is nice but its a &*&Y* to advance.... i passed all the guys that joined the same time i did... on another not i should have joined the coast guard.... i would have been up for chief by now.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrington329
Airforce is nice but its a &*&Y* to advance.... i passed all the guys that joined the same time i did... on another not i should have joined the coast guard.... i would have been up for chief by now.
Don't you have to be a crazy good swimmer to be in the coast guard though?

What service you in and how many years and what rank are you at?