G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!

Hi all,

Like lot of you guys here, I'm waiting for the 2005 G35 Coupe. It’s just around the corner, in less then 2 months for some, others 3-4 months for the 6MT. I am getting a 6MT coupe myself, and I don't want it any other way. I just thought I would post this thread to give some of you out there a summary of all the upcoming changes to the 2005 G35 Coupe. The PROS and CONS. Also, I will give a little 2 cents as well. All infos below are from here, reading the 2005 G35 manual, and at www.infinitinews.com.

PROS:

• 18/38 MORE hp (298 hp) respectively for G35 Coupe/Sedan 6MT model only
• Standard Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) (Don't exactly know what it does, but sounds good.)
• Optional 19-inch polished aluminum-alloy wheels and 19-inch performance tires (Forged not confirmed yet?)
• Nicer instrument panel and console (Looks more TL like, which is a nice change
• Two new available interior colors: Wheat (beige) and Stone (gray) (Can't wait to see STONE and how will that look like)
• Available drilled, aluminum pedals (Not a big thing)
• Power recline added to front seats (Really nice and add a nice touch to of luxury from Infiniti.)
• Three new available exterior colors: Serengeti Sand, Lakeshore Slate and Athens Blue (I'm getting BLACK, so this isn't something big for me)
• Available Intelligent Key system (Not confirmed on 6MT nor Coupes in general. It’s PURE luxury at this point. I would love to have this feature on the 6MT if possible, if not, it’s going to be on my next vehicle =).)
• Optional Automatic Telescopic operation (Goes up and down automatically with entry and exit function. This is a really NICE feature that I had noticed in the 98 and up Lexus GS models. This is a BIG plus for me.)
• Memory seats (Don't know if they are available already on the Sedans, but not yet disconfirmed for the coupes. Saw this in the manual that I read. A really nice feature, don't know if I would use it a lot though.)
• MP3 and WMA playback (Awesome feature. Glad to see that they got rid of the tape deck and got more into the present time. With this added feature, I won't be in such of a rush to get a new deck now. Hours and hours of music, this is great.)
• Motorized Nav screen (Not yet confirmed, but it seem to be sure at this point. This would be nice and a lot better then the press to pop up method.)
• Ultra-soft leather (I cannot wait to see how it feels on bare skin =). )

CONS:

• No more BREMBO breaks on 6MT coupes (NOT officially announced yet, but they seem to be on the way out of the doors folks. This is really sad. I really wanted these breaks, they would have been nice. With this minus, it’s not going to make me want to get a 04 instead though. There will always be an option in the future to add these all if I desire. All I really care about if the car can break really good, that’s great enough of me. Of course I rather have BREMBO any day.)
• Lost of Caribbean Blue and Midnight Blue in exterior colors. (People get them while they last for those of you that are into these two colors. I’m getting Black, so this didn't matter to me.)
• More weight added on to G35 in general. (Not yet revived but with all these nice features, you would think that the car would weigh more. This is a negative for all yah RACERS out there, also bad for gas mileage if any.)
• Price increase? (This will be an important factor to most of you out there. The pricing details will be revived shortly in the upcoming weeks/months. I'm getting it VPP, so even though I'm getting it close to invoice, I just hope that what I want at the end won't be so much of a differences versus the 2004.)
• I cannot think of any others.

All and all, I think the new changes for the 2005 G35 Coupe far out weigh loses that are going to occur. There are a lot more neat stuffs to mess around with. There is going to be the saying of "My 05 6MT is faster then your 04 6MT, but then your 04 6MT is going to break faster then my 05 6MT." I just feel bad for the people who gotten the 2003/2004 AT Coupes, they lost out big with these changes. You are basically getting a lot of really nice upgrades versus the 2003/2004. People with the 6MTs lost out on the additional HPs, if that matters so some of you. But they also keep the Brembro breaks, which are always nice. But hey, you guys with the 2003/2004, I do envy you guys, due to having this car when I was only dreaming of it. =) Whatever the case is, I just can't wait till the 2005 comes out. I will be getting mines in DEC 2004 if all goes well.

337417-05_g35SC.jpg

Old 09-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Re: Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!

Doesn't the current model 6 spd MT have LSD already?
I like the extra hp but....driven side by side, I wonder how much a diff 15hp at the crank is going to make? Not much.

I'm in the 04 vs 05 boat. At this point, is't not really a fair fight because the 05 6 spd. MT ain't out yet and won't be out until next year. So...I am hedging my bets.

This is sorta off topic but...I've also noticed a lot of coupes driving around lately. When I first had the idea of buying a coupe, I didn't barely seen any. I guess after all the awards this car has won....we should expect more and more people to be buying them.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:58 PM

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] "I have an 03 6mt coupe and you don't".

"your waiting while i'm enjoying".

"you can take your extra hp and shove it up..."

" I know my coupe better then you know yours on the waiting list"

"you don't need the extra hp if you don't know how to use it"

lol just kidding man hope you get your coupe soon. Good things come to those who wait, but I rathat have gotten mine a couple years ago then to wait for subtle upgrades and a few extra hp. Besides the extra upgrades did you find anything on increased pricing? I can't wait to see the dyno runs on the 05 to see what that 295 looks like to the wheels.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an first batch 6MT G35C, and I waited over a year for this car. It was definitely worth the wait. I think people in the know about the 2005 would be crazy not to wait another couple of months for the new coupe/sedan. It's not so much about the horsepower, but the interior, new wheels, MP3, new sedan styling are all very appealing. I am not going to trade in for a 05 coupe, but anyone who hasn't bought a 04 yet should just wait for the 05. The Brembos will be missed, but I think the new Nissan brake will also do very well, I just hope they improved the brake feedback and sensitivity. Can't wait to see a 05 6MT to see where they got the 20 extra hp.

CPV35 G35C Maliblue

Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 PM
G SQUAD

No loss for us 03' folks, I talked to my Infiniti dealership on friday and they confirmed that there will be a package for people who want to upgrade to '05 specs. I don't, I'd rather put the money into serious power upgrades anyway. 18hp means nada to me. I would like to see a "Type V" or something to trounce the M series, but thats a ways away.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:46 PM
G SQUAD

Oh yeah, the only thing I want are those rims. I'm sure there'll be 20 sets on Ebay within weeks of the car's release anyway, so I may just get a set if they stay reasonably priced!

Old 09-05-2004, 11:26 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 04.5 and the only thing I am envious of is the MP3 player. I think the new interior looks kinda cheesy (just like the current model) and I'd rather have 18s cause the tires are a bit cheaper (they are very expensive already). I have an auto so the speed wouldn't be any different.

04 Coupe Auto/DG/Prem/Nav/Perf

Old 09-05-2004, 11:39 PM

Ya the 2005 AT might have some better upgrades, but u will see the price will go almost 50k for 2005 Gs....
already heard it. Remember how much was a G35 coupe when it just came out? 50k outdoor price which u will see it again soon on the window of 2005 G35 Coupe soon. Enjoy~

Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 PM

Saying that the 05 will go to 50K is highly unlikely. What do you think has made this car hugely successful thus far? It's the price, thats what. Why would Infinity ruin that momentum that by increasing the price of the car by 50%?

Old 09-05-2004, 11:59 PM

im also getting an 05 whenever it comes out, hopefully by December, but dealer said february [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]. im looking forward to all these new changes. none of the colors matter to me. i really do like the new interior upgrade, but i really needed that tape deck for my ipod. intelligent key would be a sweet luxury hopefully standard on the coupe model. power seats is nice, but any memory? i hope those 19inchers are optional and not standard on the 6mt cuz i like the 18s better. yes it breaks my heart to see those brembos go bye bye. last time i talked to a salesman, he said that they're was no word on getting rid of them. he didnt know why they would. dealer also said 2% increase (about $700) for the 05's.

i want my car now!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

2005 G35 Coupe 6mt
IP/Graphite
Premium Package, Aero Kit w/Rear Spoiler
Fog Lights?
Chromed Rims
Coming Soon to a Garage near Me [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

the only thing i want from the 05 is the center console. and the intellegent key is only on the sedan.

---------------------------------------------------------
RIP
1994 accord coupe ex
269whp / 281wtq @ 14psi

now....
a happy driver of a TB 6mt w/ navi

Old 09-06-2004, 12:53 AM

Well.....did u guys know about the price when the G coupe just came out? It was 50k outdoor price, i am really sure about it. The reason why they dropped the price because the Nissan 350Z has dropped the price to get into the market so the G just followed. You can get these information from some sites have the resources of G coupe when it just came out. absolutely correct bro. If the 2005 6MT G will just cause a 900 bucks increased price, then it will be really unfair for the 03, 04 owners. I have the 5AT, i am just feeling that for the 03, 04 6MT owners. Some of them are my friends too.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats good cause I really wanted MP3 playback since I've had the car. I use to have a Pioneer Premier 850MP...One disc would last hours on end...and with the ability to play CD-RW's when you got tired of it, just wipe it clean and reburn, good stuff.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:45 AM

Ok let's clarify before this gets out of control. There is no way the G will come even close to $50k. It will increase 2%-3%(I heard it straight from the regional rep in), yes around $700-$1000. I don't know why that is unfair to all those that are driving 03 & 04's, you have been driving and enjoying your cars for a while now, you did not get screwed. Now those out buying an 04 now might feel it isn't fair but that is why they reduce the price of the 04 at the end of the year.

Also about the Brembos, maybe infinity is keeping there mouth shut about it because they are dropping them (maybe that is how they are compensating for the cost of the upgrades). But there is still no official word on that, it seems everyone has already written them off. Maybe I am being foolishly optomistic but I am still hoping the 6mt will have them.

Lastly, those of you who are making the comments about 18 extra HP "not mattering and don't need it, and don't care" (you know who you are). Those are the most rediculous statements I've ever read on a forum. I agree you see may little or no difference in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, but don't try to tell me you wouldn't like an extra 18hp in your car. I sit here and read post after post about guys modding their cars spending an extra $1000+ to get as little as 18hp. No it is not a ton of hp but it is better than nothing. It reminds me of my friends when we applied to college and they all the sudden hate the school that they just got denied from, and argued they never wanted to go there anyway! Come on guys, You honestly don't want the extra hp. Maybe a better argument is "I am content with the fact that I have fewer hp and was able to have a G for the past yr or 2". Now that I can understand. Anyway, I'm not trying to be controversial, or **** anyone off. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:42 AM

hey bro, I am not trying to argue or do that kind of stuffs. 2 of my friends bought the G coupe 2 years ago when its just came out. They spent 50k on that full package G (including navi, aero, etc). And they are just keep bugging about it because they are only 20 years old who are still paying the loan every single month for their G. I know it doesn't really matter for us, but do u really think its fair for these people who bought the exactly same G by paying 50k? and they dropped such a huge price for the 2004 G?

I am not picking on anybody, I am just feeling that the infiniti has did something wrong...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!