G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I don’t want my G35c stolen!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2003 | 04:45 PM
|
I don’t want my G35c stolen!

The G35c is a very attractive car that will (gets) a lot of attention. To that end a lot of car thieves will be looking to jack a few. Although I plan on keeping my G in the garage I do spend a lot of time at places that have public parking (i.e. malls, movies, NYC, etc). I want to put a really good antitheft device on my G as soon as I get her. Right now Im looking at the LoJack system (the two LoJack products Im looking at are: http://www.lojack.com/foryou/early_warning.htm and http://www.lojack.com/foryou/lojack.htm).

What do you guys think of the security system that comes standard on the G? Will it be enough to go with the LoJack products and the standard security system on the G? Can anyone recommend a security system worthy of protecting a G35 coupe? Is there any comparison sight that focus on car security?

I really need feedback on this issue. Last think I need to happen is one day after a movie and dinner in the City I find out Ive been jacked for my G.

Ra!

Old 04-06-2003 | 05:14 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
Re: I don’t want my G35c stolen!

I like lojack..

I've had a car stolen twice and trust me its a real uneasy feeling.

Whats bad about it though is after the first time of being stollen I took precautions.. Big Precautions I even pulled out the steering wheel, disconnected half of the wiring, took the spark plug wires and rotor cap so the car wouldnt even start.. But they still stole it..

Atleast with lojack it would help get the car returned faster..

But overall I think if they want it bad enough they will still try to get it no mater what alarm system you are using..
So having good insurance is my overall recomendation..

Kyle

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by godzilla on 04/06/03 02:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-06-2003 | 05:19 PM

I heard a lot of good things with LoJack... but of course nothing can beat full coverage insurance "just incase"...

Old 04-06-2003 | 05:28 PM

I have also had anothe car stolen as well. It is really a horrible feeling of violation. Two things to remember though: 1. Lojack is great but it is a theft recovery device so it only helps get the car back once it has been stolen. 2. The jeys for the G35 have a built in code transmitter similiar to that used in BMW's and MB's. This the car will not start no matter what unless it detects that code at a sensor located near the key slot. That of coarse will not matter if someone tows or flatbeds the car. MY rule is that a determined theif will get your car some how no matter what. So I make sure I have adiquete insurance and myabe something like Lojack. Good luck man. = D

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 04-06-2003 | 05:35 PM

Best advice I can give: get good insurance. If someone really wants your car, they'll take it, and nothing's going to stop them. So you may as well be prepared.

Old 04-06-2003 | 05:51 PM

i personaly think that the low jack symtem is over kill but then i live in a shity down of cleveland were there are no hig tec theives who will by pass the key encriptipion. But i guess if i lived in a high crime area i would go with one of those. The best thing is always insurence. it would suck to have the low jack and find ur car all choped up and on its way to hong kong.

Old 04-06-2003 | 07:27 PM

I agree. The factory vehicle immobilizer key code will stop the amateur thieves. Nothing stops the pros -- if they really want it, they'll take it. LoJack and similar recovery products are a good way to get it back quick. In fact, they say many LoJack recoveries result in an arrest as well, which is sweet justice. We have LoJack on my G35 and my wife's Grand Cherokee.

My last car, a 92 Accord, was broken in to. Though I think the local neighborhood watch scared them off before they could take anything. The driver's door was ajar when I found it, and the window was out of it's track. Luckily, no damage and nothing taken that I could tell, not even the $10+ in cash in the change tray. That vehicle did not have a LoJack, but then, I wouldn't have been heartbroken if it had been taken.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-06-2003 | 09:29 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

cant they just remove the lojack transmitter? it cant be that hard to find it no matter where you have it hidden/installed

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 04-06-2003 | 11:32 PM

If a thief is going to steal a car for parts they're going to leave the car parked for a few days to see if it will be tracked and picked up by the police. They're not going to take it and bring it back to their chop shop immediately. They'll only strip it if they now it doesn't have a tracking device.

G35C Aero/Prem/6M

Old 04-07-2003 | 12:22 AM

1.Re-route your hood wire
2.Auto-lock
3.A good alarm system, not some cheap [censored]
4.Re-locate your battery by putting it on the trunk

I hope this would help you

Old 04-07-2003 | 12:42 AM

First, they have to know you have a LoJack. There is no "protected by LoJack" type sticker to give them this indication. Second, the installer puts it in a random location. You won't even know where it is on your vehicle. They'd practically have to tear your car down to the frame to find the thing, assuming they even knew there was one there to look for. The unit is about the size of a deck of cards, so there are many different locations it can be hidden.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-07-2003 | 01:43 AM

from what i hear... most peple who steal cars will strip your car if they steal it to check if your car does have lojack... and by the time the cops get to your car it would be pointless, i personally wouldn't know, but that's what i hear... just get a really good alarm and buy that thing that you put on your accelerator so the thieves can't drive it at all <--- sorry i forgot what it was called... wait, i remember it's "auto-lock"

<font color=blue>can't wait til my baby arrives!</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2003 | 01:42 PM

Another piece of advice - if you do get an aftermarket alarm installed, ask the installer not to put any "Protected By ___" stickers on your car (or if they do just take them off). A good car thief is familiar with popular alarm brands, and putting that sticker on your car helps them because they know exactly which wires they're looking for.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003 | 12:14 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

or just turn the steering wheel all the way to one side and lock the steering with the key (turn ignition key 1/6 revolution to the left then remove the key) this engages the steering lock (no more need for "The Club")

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I don’t want my G35c stolen!