G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

well this might be it, im gonna go look at it tomorow. 05 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
This thread is full of win..... wait fail??????

those who can pay for gas and insurance themselves say "I"

Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ lets start a Success list

1. Kevin (SxSkyLinexS)

Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
1. Kevin (SxSkyLinexS)
2.Wes (Beebo)

Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"i"

Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
This thread is full of win..... wait fail??????

those who can pay for gas and insurance themselves say "I"
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
Originally Posted by Night Ryda
"i"
1. Kevin (SxSkyLinexS)
2. Wes (Beebo)
3. (Night Ryda)
4. Ashley (NFSP1)

Old 02-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
^ sportiness isnt defined by hp, or a convertible rooftop.

im getting tired of explaining things o.O

the benz defintely has a better suspension then the STOCK G suspension

theres no way a benz is smoother than my G though

ill pink slip my car on that too
uhhh.. dude.. you should just give him the pink slip now.. the CLK will run laps around the G.. on track and on street.. i am sorry dude..

Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ says a stock G

Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by G35,6MT
l0l.......

i can afford one, me myself and i, probably not 6mt or a clean title, but a g is a g.

have you even read through the other posts? my parents have enough money to buy me a new car, my mom drives a $60k lexus and my dad has a audi, there both doctors, go figure. but i decided to not be a spoiled brat and work for something and earn it
G35,6MT, you're on the right track trying not to be a spoiled brat, much props to you for it. If I were in your shoes though, I would be shopping older Subarus (The Honda's others have suggested are a good idea too, I'm just a Subie fan ) They're cheap, tough, and not bad to work on.

Budget yourself to spend a lot less than what you have saved up so that you'll have money for gas, insurance, emergencies, repairs, etc...
If you pay for your car all on your own, it will show great maturity on your part, and your parents and others will undoubtedly respect you greatly for it, plus you can have a lot of pride and dignity in saying you're making your own way and not just cruising by on your parents money. Paying your own way and working for what you have builds good character and makes you someone that others will respect much more than owning a cool car at 16 ever will.

If you spend all your money on the car though, you're putting yourself in a position to be dependent on your parents for insurance, gas, repairs, etc... the mature thing to do would be to spend enough for something decent, and save the rest for the other stuff.
If you play your cards right, you can still have a 'cool car' AND afford to pay for it entirely yourself.
@ 17 I bought a nice looking 94 Trans-Am. Really fun car and it got TONS of compliments, but I was able to pick it up very cheap, and I paid for it, the insurance, my gas, mods, everything. My parents were there to help out when I got in a tight spot like not having enough for my share of the insurance for a few months, or having unexpected repairs, but I still paid them back for it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is try and be mature about this and it'll pay off. Spending all your money on a salvage title G35 is NOT the mature plan, but you seem to have the right motivation. Just set your sights a little lower.
More than likely, you'll be able to buy a G35 in a couple years anyway as you start to make more money and the price continues to drop. So why not wait. You can still hang out on driver, we have plenty of non-G35 drivers on here LOL.

In conclusion then.... in the immortal words of Russell Peters:

"Beeee a man! Dooooo tha rie feng!!!!"

Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1. Kevin (SxSkyLinexS)
I think a fail list would be quicker.

Lets think, who should it be.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I only read 3 pages of this thread so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but some of the forum members seem to have taken this thread in the wrong direction. The first page seems to have the best advice. If you're looking for a GREAT deal, you probably need to take a step back and realize that there is no such thing as a GREAT deal. It's as simple as that. If you are getting a huge discount, it's usually because the seller is not disclosing information to you. If I were you, I'd both get a mechanic to look it over and have the seller sign a waiver that if in the first XX days if it breaks or something huge, you can return the car and get your money back. I doubt they will sign, but worth a try since something big is gonna break. I'd look into a cheaper car w/o all the damage, or ask your parents to help you out, or pay them back, in order to get a non salvaged G. Good luck

Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I haven't read this thread in a while?

What are we making a lists about? I like lists.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Who thinks 4DGS is a douchecanoe?

1. Tim (Blue Dream)

Work for you?

PS When are you going to get us pics of the Green Monster? I'm dying over here waiting

Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by 4DGS
I haven't read this thread in a while?

What are we making a lists about? I like lists.
^yeah, like Tim said, who thinks you're a douche......

ok, not really. It was about who wears big-boy pants and pays for their own car/gas/insurance.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 6MT
To reply to the OP's original question -- I'd look elsewhere. If something looks to good to be true, it usually is. I wouldn't just walk away from that G35 -- I'd RUN. Remember, you get what you pay for.

On the entire subject of people being angry/jealous/blah-blah over 'young kids' driving G35 Coupes -- while I'm sure some of them are jealous, I know that from my perspective, it's more concern than anything else.

I was 17 when I got my license, and thought I was the best driver in existence. But thank God, I only had a crappy '93 Dodge Spirit, automatic with a whopping 141hp. Even still, I came an inch away from killing myself more times than I can count .. not to mention hurting OTHER people.

When I hear that a young driver is getting into a G35 Coupe, I worry about my OWN welfare. At 16 or 17, to be perfectly blunt, you don't have enough experience or self-control to be behind the wheel of such a vehicle. You might THINK you do -- but peer pressure and temptation are powerful things.

For your own sake, and for the sake of those you'll be driving around, please reconsider a more reasonable first car. There are plenty of other options out there that will be fun, but that won't have enough power to land you in serious trouble in the blink of an eye. Wait a couple years, get some experience and general automotive know-how under your belt, and THEN start shopping for your G.

My two cents. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
So this is one great thread. Made me laugh.. especially Skyline's posts. Anyways, I was at work one day (I work at a restaurant) and some 16 year old punk came in. He had a nice set of coils on it and plenty of other exterior mods. So I just asked him about his suspension set up. Got to ranting about it, and he felt like a badass since I was asking questions about his car. My point? He fishtailed the car out of the parking lot, did a complete 180 and pretty much knocked the rear axle off the car.

Money does not displace experience or maturity. You may be 15 or whatever and have 7k in the bank. Great, props for being disciplined and saving. Either way when you're on your own and adrenaline/hormones are pumping, bad **** can happen. Especially with that little VDC OFF button tempting you.

Anyways, buy the G, just not a salvaged one. If I remember correctly you said you were looking at a 05 6mt? Those are REVUP motors. Have you researched common problems? Oil consumption? What about the feathering tires? There are tons of small things that add up. Don't go out and spend every cent you have buying the car. What if after 3 days of owning the car, the belts break, tire blows, tranny goes out, etc.

REAL MATURITY IS THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE, NOT JUST TODAY!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: well this might be it, im gonna go look at it tomorow. 05 g35