G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

well this might be it, im gonna go look at it tomorow. 05 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look dude, i'm 16 so a year older than you, and i was sort of like you and was in a hurry and btw, i'm paying for 3/4 of my car. and i have yet to find the perfect one, there so many of these cars, just take ur time. And don't buy really cheap ones cause 9 times out of 10 theres something wrong with it, or multiple things. If you don't have the money for it then don't buy one, my budget is 16k and im paying 11k of it, so just take ur time and save more money, or buy a cheaper car.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't buy salvage, unless you know the work that went in. If you don't have the money for a G get something you can afford that will be reliable.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EnerOnE
Don't buy salvage, unless you know the work that went in. If you don't have the money for a G get something you can afford that will be reliable.
+1. Gotta pay to play.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Any updates OP?

Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you are young and you are rushing and 7k isn't a lot of money, sorry don't do it.

some people get good cars, but most dont.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by bjquinnIUmed
Any updates OP?
well i really want to go through with it, but most people here are saying not to, im still gonna check it out.

ARMIN, ive been looking around since like last october, so ya ive seen some nice ones, but they go quickly, and im 15 lol.

i got 6 more months till i get my license so ya, not to long of a wait. we'll see if my parents like it and see what the other mechanic says, my parents are offering to buy me a NEW, yes new car, probably not until im 17 or something, limit like 25k, but since i have the money id rather just buy my own car for now, the thing is i hate having to get rides from my parents to the gym from the gym, also to school, and also after school waiting for the bus, sometimes it doesnt even show up, theres no airconditioning, and its crammed, plus i still have ot walk a little, the reason i saved money is so i can be independent and have my own car, and not have to depend on other people for rides, its annoying. plus the fact that you paid for your own car makes it better, but we'll see how it plays out

Old 02-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read "im 15 lol" and about fell over.

To be honest, if I were your pops, I would make sure you bought a "fix'er up'er" for your first car. So you can learn how to t-shoot and maintain a vehicle. So, perhaps the salvage titled car isnt that bad of an idea after all. But, ONLY, if there is no frame damage and ONLY if there is no significant engine and transmission damage. If you have to change a clutch, change some axles, do a brake job, fluid replacement, and so on and so forth, then all the better.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by brandon402
I read "im 15 lol" and about fell over.

To be honest, if I were your pops, I would make sure you bought a "fix'er up'er" for your first car. So you can learn how to t-shoot and maintain a vehicle. So, perhaps the salvage titled car isnt that bad of an idea after all. But, ONLY, if there is no frame damage and ONLY if there is no significant engine and transmission damage. If you have to change a clutch, change some axles, do a brake job, fluid replacement, and so on and so forth, then all the better.
ya? did u also read the part where my parents offered me a new car>? i almost fell over when i heard that.

whats wrong with being 15? ive been driving for a long time and i got 7k cash?
thats why im bringing a mechanic to check it out, if theres more damage than stated i doubt ill get it.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Just be smart about it guy.

Your mom is right......Don't rush into things.

G is an awesome car to have for a 15 year old, and we all know that you want to get it and nothing will stand in your way. But just for you own sake, take a deep breath, step back and look at this whole thing once you breathing normally.

You wanna buy the car that you will love owning, not the one that you gonna start hating the week after you buy it.

Salvage title is not always as bad as people keep saying. Usually it's the car that's totaled by ins company, but other times it's not. Sometimes used car at the dealer lot had more serious crashes than the one with salvage title.

If he has pictures of the previous damages that is a bonus, You can see how big was the damage and all.

Deff take an adult with you on all your deals. Even tho everyone might seem honest at first but when they run into a kid with 7k.......honesty takes a lunch break.

Good luck.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I dont see why MOST (not saying everyone) hate on the younger people
having g35s. I don't know if you guys are jealous that we can afford these cars, some of us can and i have been investing my money since i was in the 7th grade.

And to G35,6MT
thats good you have been looking for a while, don't rush. And don't buy a salvage title. A g35 for 7k? its definitely junk. If you only have 8k and you need a car don't buy a G, theres some maintenance evolved with cars, and specially nicer cars. I would recommend, toyota celica, or maybe an older civic si, cars like this. And if you really want a G then save up or invest your money and wait till your 17 and get one. I'm not trying to hate on you, trust me I'm one of the younger guys on this forum. I hope you find a good car!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
bro they are def not jealous, alot of the members bought their car new, and ur proud for wanting to buy a used car. are u gonna have enough money for insurance(for your age 400-500 a month), gas(40 a week), and payments(350-500) or mods(?)? let alone money left over to buy your lunch at school! lol
IMHO, both of u should wait

Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
]bro they are def not jealous, alot of the members bought their car new, and ur proud for wanting to buy a used car. are u gonna have enough money for insurance(for your age 400-500 a month), gas(40 a week), and payments(350-500) or mods(?)? let alone money left over to buy your lunch at school! lol
IMHO, both of u should wait
Ok i know people bought the car brand new, but almost none of those guys are 16-20 years old.
And i as stated before i have 16k just for the car,(not including maintenance, gas, insurance or for your concern my lunch) and if you read my post earlier I invest my money so my money is always growing.When you were 16 could you buy a 16k car? and afford insurance gas, etc? This is why i say some of you guys are jealous.
The topic here is if he should buy this car, NOT if i can afford this car. If
I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't be buying it.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Armin'sG
Ok i know people bought the car brand new, but almost none of those guys are 16-20 years old.
And i as stated before i have 16k just for the car,(not including maintenance, gas, insurance or for your concern my lunch) and if you read my post earlier I invest my money so my money is always growing.When you were 16 could you buy a 16k car? and afford insurance gas, etc? This is why i say some of you guys are jealous.
The topic here is if he should buy this car, NOT if i can afford this car. If
I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't be buying it.
This post really was like a rollercoaster. At first I was like then I was like and then I was like .

Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
This post really was like a rollercoaster. At first I was like then I was like and then I was like .
Lol, the point was, some of us young guys can afford this car. And i don't
see why alot of the people don't like it. Is it cause when they were 16
they couldn't afford a car like this?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
look OP, never ever ever ever trust a seller. never! if they want to sell something, they will do whatever they can to sell it, and once they did, well, too bad for the buyer.

Also, if the seller is really a mechanic, he can really know how to hide certain problems from you, who has really no mechanical knowledge compared to him.

Notice how it says as-is? if you find a problem after you buy it, its completely your fault and your lost. The seller is not in any way obligated to fix it for you.

A salvaged title means anything could've happened to it, you MUST bring someone you trust, or have your dad's mechanic go look at it. The seller is just gonna think you're just a dumb 15 year old kid and try to do something.

If you want to buy it, buy it. its your money. but keep in mind, you ONLY have 7k for the car. Once you make this purchase, you made it. And if you regret it well too bad. Buying a car is not a simple choice, many people go through months looking at 100+ cars to find the right one. No matter what the price is 7k, 20k, you never want that to go down the drain.

My advice, save the money or spend the 7k on something else. The old saying goes, you get what you pay for. if you can use 7k and buy a 20k car, you better know what you're doing. And since its salvaged cars we're talking about, you better know how to fix and maintain one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: well this might be it, im gonna go look at it tomorow. 05 g35