G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is it too much to expect a key when u buy a car !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased my 04 coupe and only got 1 master key and remote. I priced out getting a key/cut/program at the dealer and they wanted like $175. Did some research and found a place about 40 minutes away that gave me a key/remote and program for 40 bucks. I'm sure there's somebody around you that can do it.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry OP but that's Nissan Dealerships. I have experienced the same thing with our dealer here in NC. They are awful. They kept giving us the run around and even tried to charge us more for the car then they were asking on the internet. We had to go back fight about the price and my girl ended up going back multiple times to get 1 small thing fixed. So we just go to the Infiniti dealer from now on with everything. This was all with her 06 305z Roadster. I bought my G from the Acura dealer in town and there service is 10x better Overall. I also got all of my original Keys!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 AM
I got 3 keys only one fob.....glad my car is garaged....always wonder where the "other keys" end up

Old 02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
When is the public going to get smart about buying a used car? You can't believe a thing the salesman tells you....ever. If he/she tells you they will fix small dings great, pick up the car when that's completed or get it in writing on the sales contract. Car sales people will be your best friend until you drive away, after that you're a stranger! "Wake UP!"
Gary

Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i know i should've been a bit more careful while buying, but since i bought my previous car from them and didn't have any problems with it, i expected this would be the same.. i know better now !!

i think it's too late to return the car now.. i couldn't find any state law which allowed me to do so..

i hope im able to convince them , when i go to the dealership on tuesday, to get me atleast one master key and remote..

i called up the home depot near my house, they say that they dont program the transponder.. i have to find some other locksmith or dealer who does that..

Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by atw717
i know i should've been a bit more careful while buying, but since i bought my previous car from them and didn't have any problems with it, i expected this would be the same.. i know better now !!

i think it's too late to return the car now.. i couldn't find any state law which allowed me to do so..

i hope im able to convince them , when i go to the dealership on tuesday, to get me atleast one master key and remote..

i called up the home depot near my house, they say that they dont program the transponder.. i have to find some other locksmith or dealer who does that..
Like the one guy said, follow the salesman around and harass him about it, tell his potential customers what a scumbag he is. When dealing with situations like this always visit in person, then they can't avoid you. Threaten to call the BBB on them, etc. You're dealing with dirty people so you have to play dirty, even if it's a bluff.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Did Infiniti of Tysons Corner, about 20 feet from the Nissan dealership, not have a G you liked? I would walk those 20 feet to Infiniti and see if they can help you out.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Talk with the sales manager or general manager. Tell them that you are a return customer. Ham up the old sale. Make him think you came back solely because of the past "wonderful" experience and am bummed about the drastic difference in the sale. It's not asking too much to have at least one complete set of keys to include the remote. Use this only if the salesman continues to run you around. They need to bite the cost. Be polite, but be firm on your position that the salesman made it clear he intended to get you a full set, then make them feel like he weaseled out on you.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by FederalG
Did Infiniti of Tysons Corner, about 20 feet from the Nissan dealership, not have a G you liked? I would walk those 20 feet to Infiniti and see if they can help you out.
infiniti of tysons corner did not have a g35 with a manual transmission.. i actually contacted the sales manager at infiniti a long time before i went to the nissan dealership and he was not able to get me a g with a manual transmission...

also, now when i called them up to find out how much it would cost for a master key and remote, they gave me a quote of $400..

Old 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by atw717
infiniti of tysons corner did not have a g35 with a manual transmission.. i actually contacted the sales manager at infiniti a long time before i went to the nissan dealership and he was not able to get me a g with a manual transmission...also, now when i called them up to find out how much it would cost for a master key and remote, they gave me a quote of $400..
Here's another "Heads Up," you can go on your p/c and contact all the Infiniti dealerships within a 50 mile radias and you'll stand a better chance of finding exactly what you want. I went thru this when I was looking for my G, my dealership told me I'd have to order the color I wanted. Less than 25 miles away another dealership had two with the color and equipment I wanted. Search and investigate it really pays off....
Gary

Old 02-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Costed me less than $70 to have my key cut and programmed.

Just buy your key off ebay ($12), go to pepboys to cut it ($2), program the key @ Nissan for $50.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Here's another "Heads Up," you can go on your p/c and contact all the Infiniti dealerships within a 50 mile radias and you'll stand a better chance of finding exactly what you want. I went thru this when I was looking for my G, my dealership told me I'd have to order the color I wanted. Less than 25 miles away another dealership had two with the color and equipment I wanted. Search and investigate it really pays off....
Gary
That's what I did with Carmax and one in another state had exactly what I had been looking for for over a year. They shipped it to me for free and had excellent customer service.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
I would say talk to the GM of the dealership. Or someone of a higher authority. When I bought my coupe, the brake pads on the front were about this -> <- thick. I kid you not. It was setting off the ABS, VDC and SLIP lights. They refused to fix this. All they did was clear the codes and take me for a test drive to show me "The lights aren't coming on." After 5 days straight of haggling with the salesman, service director, and sales manager, i went to the GM. She took care of me and got me a free brake job, after I gave her the rep of it being a "Safety issue"

Twist their arm. They aren't called stealerships for nothing.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
they are blatantly disrespecting you. The car's been driven off the lot so it seems like they don't care about it anymore. Guarantee if you threaten to return it and take your business elsewhere they will " miraculously" come up with a key on short notice

Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I had a sales rep lie just to get a sale. Needless to say, that dealership is no longer in business. And I am not surprised. (Costa Mesa Infiniti).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it too much to expect a key when u buy a car !!!