G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Taking my G to college

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow dont do it. I already posted in here but I just got done washing my car and found someone wrote on my wheel with there finger while it was dirty and scratched them. im about to make a thread on it..

Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
dude dont do it!!!! I took my G to college last year as a freshman, and it got screwed up!!! people stole stuff from it, like all the infiniti centercaps, it got scratched in every parking lot i parked it in, and people were always climbing in and out of it and making it soo dirty!
and once my roommate stole my extra set of keys from my room and drove it drunk and ran it up on one of those things in parking lots, you know those like curb things that are just chillin in parking lots, but anyway he ripped half of the front bumper off!!
in my opinion dont do it, i left mine at home this year.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm glad I didn't have a nice car in college, because as everyone has already said, your car runs high risk of being messed with. I'll say that personally, I would never vandalize another persons car (scratch, dent, etc.). But I was in a fraternity and there was a kid in a rival frat next door that we didn't like, so we used to **** on his car all the time. Can't say I'm proud of that...just saying people end up doing really dumb things in college.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Just gonna share my experience, back when I had the sti I parked in my girls driveway. She goes to Rutgers, New Brunswick in NJ and I walked out to my trunk being kicked in. TWICE! So if you do bring it, just be aware that things might happen that are out of your control.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
i go to university of manitoba (im from canada) and I drive my car to school about every 3rd week since I'm in a carpool. I have to say, people just don't care about the fact that you have a nice car.

Story time now:
Parked my car really nicely in the lot, good distance from others, right between the posts and everything, and some Jack*** parks right beside me, probably less then 1 foot, i almost had to get into the car from the passenger seat. The guy was driving some POS grand am or whatever from the mid 90's that had not been washed for probably 3 months and had rust galore. I checked for door dings and took pictures of his car parked next to mine, and his plate, and figured if I saw anything, the owner would be the first to hear about it. And yes, he was parked incredibly inproperly, and no he did not get a ticket.

Anyways, so the next time I drove I parked really really far away and i parked in the middle of a stall like people do all the time, its a huge fricken lot and no one really cares, guys with there mom and dads escalades take up more then one full spot anyways sooo. Anyways, so i park at 9:30 and get back to my car at 6:30. Long story short, there was a fricken ticket on my window for being parked inproperly. So i called the parking ticket place and and left a message saying that I think I have been given a ticket inproperly, could you please call me back at my number. Anyways, so I waited 2 days, and finally just went in and talked to them. I told em' how I parked and how there was no general rule in the parking lot for parking or anything like that, and they showed me some crappy pictures of my car that didn't even look good (LOL) and then they said, nevermind, I'll cancel the ticket for you.

I know the only reason I got picked on is cause I drive a luxury sports coupe. Every escalade and POS car out there never gets tickets for that kind of stuff.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I go to UCF and i have a 04 coupe, I didnt have my car freshman year but i still live on campus this year. I have a bunch of door dings now and someone while backing out of the spot next to me turned too hard and scraped my rear quarter panel. I dont wash my car while im at school so it blends in lol.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, lots of scary stories. But I've been driving my car at school for the last 3 years, and I've never had a problem, especially parking in South Central, and in school parking lots (U of South. Cali). Occasional door dings, but then I go to school in LA, so it's inevitable; just being in Southern California means something will go wrong on the exterior.

Just use common sense and put all of your stuff away when you park it.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
My younger brothers going to UF this year as a freshman. He will be take his 09 MB C350 to college as well. Dont worry about taking a G35, theres plenty of nice cars at UF. I graduated from UF in 07 and I will tell you many freshmans have nice cars.

There is barely no parking on campus. So if you really want good transportation buy a scooter. Bought one in freshman year and was never late to my classes after that. I know my brother will be taking my scooter with him to college.

Also, that being said I avoided situations where I felt like my car could be vandalized. I never left my car on campus overnight. Left my car at my apartment and drove my scooter whenever I could.

Last edited by HenryLee; 02-28-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by HenryLee
My younger brothers going to UF this year as a freshman. He will be take his 09 MB C350 to college as well. Dont worry about taking a G35, theres plenty of nice cars at UF. I graduated from UF in 07 and I will tell you many freshmans have nice cars.

There is barely no parking on campus. So if you really want good transportation buy a scooter. Bought one in freshman year and was never late to my classes after that. I know my brother will be taking my scooter with him to college.

Also, that being said I avoided situations where I felt like my car could be vandalized. I never left my car on campus overnight. Left my car at my apartment and drove my scooter whenever I could.
Well, I was planning on using the car for going back home (every few weeks), and for going somewhere off campus or only far away. I don't really plan on using it for going to class (I'll use a bike or something). Do you think putting a car cover on would help (since I'll use the car only from time to time), or would that just attract more attention?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Thats will most likely attract more attention^^

Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arent M3's and 335's a common sight at UF? That's what I heard anyway.

If that's the case then don't worry too much... our cars, while sexy, aren't exactly near the top of the totem pole.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by cjet427
Well, I was planning on using the car for going back home (every few weeks), and for going somewhere off campus or only far away. I don't really plan on using it for going to class (I'll use a bike or something). Do you think putting a car cover on would help (since I'll use the car only from time to time), or would that just attract more attention?
That's exactly what I did. For going home on weekends, picking up food & groceries, and going to class after 5pm. But dont cover it, seriously attract attention. Are you going to dorm or get an apartment? Seriously depends on where you park. My apt was pretty secure so I had no problem. But there are many kids w/ beemers and mercs. When I was going there were supposed to be some vipers and nsx's.

Oh theres also a gainesville G and Z club so you should go out to some of the meets.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I just graduated from UF. I had my old mustang GT there for 4 years and it took a toll. The park spaces are so f-ing narrow you can barely get out of your car without hitting the car next to you. you seriously have to slide out the side of your door to avoid hitting your door. other people aren't as courteous. There are some places that are bigger spots, but I would really be worried and picky about parking my G on campus.

Oh yea, after the national championship game last year I came outside the next morning and someone put a huge tree limb/log on my roof causing dents/scratches. I was pissed...

I wouldn't do it if you really like your car.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Also, iv seen people get out and door ding other cars, then laugh about it and walk away..

Sons a bitches

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taking my G to college