Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
def not powertrain...already tried.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) 06 6mt coupe
2) 25k miles. bought it used 2 months ago.
3) no dealership. i replaced clutch fluid.
4) n/a
5) yup!

had the exact problem. changing the clutch fluid fixed it. follow ranger's guide.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by SiouxFallsG35
LiquidREVUP - sucking your clutch fluid out and replacing with DOT4 synthetic will fix that exact problem. 99% guaranteed.
If you'll guarantee your advice maybe you'd like to pay for what's really wrong with his clutch. You don't just replace the fluid when the clutch cylinder is bad, that's not the solution to the issue. He needs to find another dealership that knows something about our Infinities. I hope when he does get it fixed he takes the cylinder back to his original dealership and shoves it up....well you understand!
Gary

Old 04-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Im going to say it one more time. The fix is lithium grease on the slave cylinder actuator where the clutch pedal is (the techs do not know this, i shared with them the fix and they gave me a thanks plus $50 gift card to the stealership). Go to autozone, get a can of brake cleaner, clean the shaft, actuate the pedal a few times, clean it some more, then spray the lithium on the shaft, actuate the pedal, and keep lubing until desired and it doesnt stick anymore. Problem solved, WD40 will not last and cant withstand the heat.

/thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I replaced all 4 slave, master, fluid and the clutch line. Problem solved.. Didnt have time to do process of elimination and not only that but the total in parts was very little maybe $150 if i remember correctly

Old 04-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd also like to know what warranty. I just had this problem happen for the first time, and while I don't mind paying since I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty, I'd rather it be the powertrain warranty so I don't have to. Thanks.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:15 PM
^Just took my g in for this problem. It is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. I will post when they tell me what the problem is.

Last edited by 07gmoney35; 05-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Im going to say it one more time. The fix is lithium grease on the slave cylinder actuator where the clutch pedal is (the techs do not know this, i shared with them the fix and they gave me a thanks plus $50 gift card to the stealership). Go to autozone, get a can of brake cleaner, clean the shaft, actuate the pedal a few times, clean it some more, then spray the lithium on the shaft, actuate the pedal, and keep lubing until desired and it doesnt stick anymore. Problem solved, WD40 will not last and cant withstand the heat.

/thread
You might as well say it a few more times... half the people dont even read posts before replying.

It happened to me for the first time last week. It was 100+ degrees and very high humidity here and the clutch pedal started sticking. Hasnt done it since with the temps only being in the upper 80s now and low humidity. If it does it again Ill slobber some lithium grease on it.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I actually just had this fixed 3 days ago. They told me it was the master cylinder and I had it replaced (so they told me) and it was all under warranty. They tried bleeding it at first but it wasn't the problem though they did say bleeding it helped a little. This was on my 2007 with about 27,000 miles on it. Hope this helps.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
^^I read this forum and a bunch of others before I took my car in. I figure might as well get whatever can be fixed under warranty and if that doesn't work I will try lithium grease and/or getting a new clutch line and using dot4 fluid. If it does happen to be the slave/master cylinder I want to be sure it is fixed before my warranty runs out.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Just got the call from Infiniti and they said that I need a new clutch, flywheel, and bearings and since it is not slave/master cylinder it is not under warranty. I'm pretty positive that my clutch is fine since all it does is stick when it is hot out. When I get my car back I am going to try the said things in my above post and if it still sticks I will take it my local shop to get fixed. (No way I'm paying dealer prices)

Old 05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I did the lithium grease and bleed the clutch fluid and now it works perfect. Eff the guys at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, all they do is try and screw you. I took my car their for paint warranty as well and they tried to tell me my car had been repainted so they wouldn't honor it. I am never going back there again.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM
FWIW I had this problem last summer down here in Hotlanta and took it to the dealer - they basically just changed the clutch fluid and cleaned the bell housing. Said I had a ton of clutch dust that had accumulated in the bell housing but that my clutch (50K miles at the time) still had plenty of life in it. It worked fine the rest of the year but on the first very hot day of driving down here yesterday and it started to pop-up a bit slowly again. I'm only at 52K miles now, so I am pretty certain its not the clutch itself. I'm going to try greasing the shaft (ha ha) as suggested above, and if that isn't it, I'll swap out for some DOT 4 fluid.

And as others have posted, clutch work was not covered under the powertrain warranty. Sadly, the definition of powertrain is basically the engine itself, maybe the tranny and diff too, doesn't matter for my anymore either way!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is this something that typically happens on lower mileage cars? i just got my car not long ago and found my way here and i keep readin about all these common problems...

i have to say you all have me terrified that i bought old ford mustang quality in this vehicle and have me ready to try and sell it already

Old 06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ dude ... dont worry ... we all love our cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal sticking