G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Car not starting, alarm? vehicle immobilizer system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Schaefer
how do I do the uprev procedure
You have to purchase an uprev tune.. it is not a procedure

Old 10-25-2017, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inquiring

Originally Posted by seymore4
If its NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) you can disable it with an Uprev reflash, lots of guys do this when then get tuned so that they can use unprogrammed keys (Its like $200 just to reprogram the key at the dealer). You can't just mechanically disable it though. PM me if you want to give it a try, I've done it many times

i had a question I’m looking into buying a Infiniti g35 coupe s, but he talk about an imobilizer problem could you help talk me through the details and what it would take to fix it

Old 10-25-2017, 12:04 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Fix =/= disable

There are two types of ignition systems for the G35, a traditional RFID keyed system and the Intelligent Key system (push button start). Both work in similar ways but with different components and technology.

The components of the NATS is programming in the BCM, CAN system to ECU, NATS antenna / Intel key unit (depending on which is equipped).

The problem could be as simple as the battery in the intelligent key needs replacing or the RFID transponder in the regular key is failing. Or it could be complex like the BCM itself is shot, your options to fix would be to completely disable the NATS system through an UpRev tune or to diagnose and repair the system (recommend the Nissan dealership for the diagnosis).

Old 12-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Uprev reflash

If its NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) you can disable it with an Uprev reflash, lots of guys do this when then get tuned so that they can use unprogrammed keys (Its like $200 just to reprogram the key at the dealer). You can't just mechanically disable it though. PM me if you want to give it a try, I've done it many times
i was wondering how i would go about doing this reflash. Any jeep would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 12-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gypsygsr
i was wondering how i would go about doing this reflash. Any jeep would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You have to purchase an Uprev tune for around $600

Old 12-30-2017, 07:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Gypsygsr
Are you sure ANY jeep? Because there's quite a few different ones.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Hey I have a question about my infiniti g35 coupe 2007, I disconnected the battery and now my ignition and steering wheel are locked. The key shaped icon pops up on my dash but comes out red. Any suggestions ? I believe it’s the NATS but not sure how to disable it.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Red key icon means the system doesn't detect any intelligent key present. Change the battery in your fob, you may have screwed something up and the BCM lost the key information which requires a trip to Nissan to have the BCM programmed again. You can also hold the i-key directly ON the start button as directed in the owners manual which helps with weak signal (antenna is mounted on the side of the ignition lock cylinder).

Old 03-09-2018, 01:12 AM
My anti theft light is on my car cranks and cranks Infiniti saying I have a bad ignition cylinder and have to replace my whole steering column but the car started just fine my key doesn’t hold programming so would the up rev tune clear that off

Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Chad Colbert

My anti theft light is on my car cranks and cranks Infiniti saying I have a bad ignition cylinder and have to replace my whole steering column but the car started just fine my key doesn’t hold programming so would the up rev tune clear that off
IF it is the NATS malfunctioning that is causing it to not start then yes we could fix it with an Uprev reflash, but over email I could not guarantee you that that was the only problem

Old 04-01-2018, 02:20 PM
I want to know more about this uprev reflash

Old 11-24-2018, 10:59 AM
G35x sedan
How do i bypass g35x alarm

what going on.sometimes my car starts fine then the security light comes on and it will stay on for 2 or 3 days and wont start.will the bypass modual from an aftermarket remote start bypass it

Old 11-25-2018, 08:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
LOL^

Nope.....

Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
infiniti, awd
G35 Infiniti wouldn't start, alarm system

Originally Posted by g35_infinit
Car wont start. Lights turn on and everything, and there is no clicking noise.

I called AAA and they said it wasn't the battery, and its probably the cars alarm that wont let it start, i disconnected the battery recently.

I looked through the manual and the best explanation I got was the "Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System". The procedures to reset it didn't work.

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.
Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue occasionally. If I let the car sit for a while, it will start. Vijay

Old 01-27-2019, 08:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If the NATS indicator light is solid red then you have an immobilizer interlocking the ignition. Usually though when you turn the key and there is NOTHING (no click, no crank, no nothing) then it's just a starter going bad.

If this only happens when the engine is HOT but once it cools down a little then starts then you DEFINITELY have a starter going bad.

The following users liked this post:
Magdalys Ocana (02-27-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car not starting, alarm? vehicle immobilizer system?