G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Weird "banging" noise coming from rear passenger side when going over bumps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010 | 01:35 AM
oh and ps. mine is like a metallic clunking sound when i hit bumps like the suspension is bouncing off the frame haha not good!!

Old 06-13-2010 | 01:50 AM
|
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
ok this problem i kinda know and ill be able to inform everyone tues!!!! im bringing mine in to the stealership cause i have uneven tire wear on my rear passenger tire. your problem...(drum roll please)....is prob your alignment is off due to your control arm or your ball bearings in the tire are crap and/or the rear axle itself. im not positive but mine is being checked tues so i can follow up on it. they told me it would be 79 bucks just for an alignment though...bastardssss!!! im hoping my control arm just needs to be readjusted and i can use the tsb to replace my rear axle!!
hmm...i'll see what my stealership says as well...i've noticed since then that is sounds like the problem is coming from both sides now...and only from hard dips in the road or high bumps (hard to explain) but not speed bumps or even deep potholes...sometimes i think there won't be a sound on a rough road but then i hear that "thud" sound ...we may all have our own issue...i have 1000 km till my next oil change so i'll have news then...let me know how yours goes...im wondering if they will tell me its my new wheels that are the problem...good luck with your G!!

Old 06-13-2010 | 01:54 AM
|
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
oh and ps. mine is like a metallic clunking sound when i hit bumps like the suspension is bouncing off the frame haha not good!!
sounds exactly like mine...its weird that i never heard the noise before with my stock 18's...i feel your pain!!! i have a DG coupe too....

Old 06-13-2010 | 02:01 AM
^^ haha yeah i just spent 20g's on mine too wtf haha mine should still be under warranty though i love my G though. soooo many looks and stares of hate from old men wishing they had my car at such a young age. drop the high maintenance biiitch and buy the car haha disregard females aquire currency FTMFW!!!!

Old 06-14-2010 | 06:42 AM
yeai get this same sound when exiting/entering my driveway.

Old 07-13-2010 | 09:28 PM
|
So I finally got the dealership to look at my car and they said my rear tires are too wide and they are scraping the inner fender...so they recommend to put on OEM tires back on...(no surprise)...anyways, anyone got any ideas how I can fix this without putting my OEM's back on?? I love my aftermarket wheels too much!!!

Old 07-13-2010 | 09:35 PM
^If its just the fender liner then I would remove it.

Old 07-22-2010 | 12:04 AM
|
^ Has anyone done this before?....im worried that'll cause more damage eventually....are there any other alternatives...i know other drivers must have similar offsets and tire width...pls help...also its even worse with passengers in the back...i've turned my G to a two seater for now till I resolve this!

Old 07-24-2010 | 02:34 AM
|
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^If its just the fender liner then I would remove it.
Have you done this before?

Old 07-24-2010 | 02:37 AM
^No, I don't have that wide of tires nor am I low enough. I've read about other people on here doing it before though.

EDIT:
All you would have to worry about is whatever the liner is covering up. I never pulled the rear fender linings out before so I don't know whats behind them. They are mainly there to prevent small rocks from hitting the metal portion of the inner fenders and making noise. I doubt you will have any issues with the car from simply removing the liners. I suggest just taking them off and look at what might be exposed to the elements.

Last edited by herrschaft; 07-24-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2010 | 03:32 AM
|
[QUOTE=herrschaft;5246733]^No, I don't have that wide of tires nor am I low enough. I've read about other people on here doing it before though.

EDIT:
All you would have to worry about is whatever the liner is covering up. I never pulled the rear fender linings out before so I don't know whats behind them. They are mainly there to prevent small rocks from hitting the metal portion of the inner fenders and making noise. I doubt you will have any issues with the car from simply removing the liners. I suggest just taking them off and look at what might be exposed to the elements.[/QUOTE

weird thing is i'm at stock height and the dealership says i'm scraping the inside of my rear fender...im wondering if adding spacers to my rears will help in anyway?

Old 07-24-2010 | 03:43 AM
^Probably will. What part of the tire is scraping, is it the right sidewall or the top of the tire?

Old 07-24-2010 | 12:21 PM
|
^ there is no indication of scraping marks on tire...so I am assuming the inner part of the tire is catching the fender liner...noise comes from both sides of the rear

Old 07-24-2010 | 03:27 PM
Banned
LOOSE REAR AXLE BOLT.. Infinti re-torqued it for me.

Heard this noise whenever I drove or or down my driveway, over speed bumps, etc etc. It was annoying as hell.

Old 03-31-2011 | 12:55 AM
|
I'm worried removing the rear fender lining may cause rust especially since I live in Toronto where it rains a whole lot. I really want to put my summers back on but I can't stand that scraping noise when i hit bumps/dips on the road. Please help me!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weird "banging" noise coming from rear passenger side when going over bumps