G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My Horrible Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Horrible Experience

I want to warn everyone abuot an issue I had as well as my horrible experience at Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, CA.

DONT EVER GO THERE FOR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2003 G35 Coupe that I purchased brand new and it has about 92,250 miles.

The service light came on and I brought the car into the dealership to check it because the normal mechanic told me I should bring it in due to the specific ODB code that showed up.

It was a P1772.
The dealership charged me $162 just for a diagnose. It actually took 3 days to diagnose my Service Engine Soon light issue which was pretty ridiculous. I didnt mind though since I had a loaner and I also dropped off my car without an appointment. They quoted me about $1500 just to fix a TCM and to reseal some water leak. I denied the fix because I wanted to think about it first and possibly get it fixed elsewhere. The service guy I worked with at that time was Benny Gomez, and he said that I can probably just air it out and it should be fine.

After about a month, the light came on again and I brought the car back to get it fixed and was in the process of selling the car. Gary Espozito was the service rep this time and I went ahead and let them fix the issue for $1500.

THEY ACTUALLY CHARGED ME FOR THE SERVICE BEFORE IT WAS EVEN DONE!!!!!!

Then once the TCM was replaced and they supposedly resealed the water leak, they said they now found water damage to the engine and transmission harness and it would take $10,000 to fix!!!!!!

That sounds like the techs there arent very good at diagnosing their own cars if they werent able to figure this issue out before they fixed the TCM. It is pretty ridiculous that they would charge me for something at $1500 and then tell me afterwards that it would cost an additional $10,000 to fix!!!

The service reps were also very horrible to work with and had very bad attitudes and were very unprofessional. They even hung up on me several times when I talked to them on the phone.

I also requested to talk to their manager, Ron Cosgrove about this charge and he was not very nice either. He was very unprofessional as well and basically didnt give a crap.

In the end I had my insurance take care of the issue but they would not cover the $1500.

BUT TO SUMMARIZE, THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the issue, it might have been a manufacturers defect. Supposedly, one of the seals was not sealed properly or very securely and water has damaged the harnesses. I have had the car for 7 years and the issue was never an issue until now. The harnesses could have been wet the whole time but I was never aware of it and no mechanic ever found out the issue either.

I know there are similar issues on the forum though about water leaks under the glove compartment and on the side panel where the TCM is. I had removed the panel under the glove and found some water on it so if anyone notices that, they should definitely get it checked.

I no longer own the car now since insurance claimed it as a total loss.

Farewell, G35 forum, it has been a great forum, and I have gotten a lot of help and suggestions from everyone!

Hopefully no one else has these issues!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
another fail service center.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Is there any wonder why most of the members here on DRIVER dislike Infiniti service and STEALERSHIPS? This is a perfect example why they never see my coupe unless it for warranty work. Service is done by Nissan or an independent shop/myself....
Gary

Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Is there any wonder why most of the members here on DRIVER dislike Infiniti service and STEALERSHIPS? This is a perfect example why they never see my coupe unless it for warranty work. Service is done by Nissan or an independent shop/myself....
Gary
I've only taken my car in ONCE since I've had it. The windshield washer fluid was not coming out.

They apparently found a hole in the tube that had worn through (due to rubbing/friction). The piece of rubber tube they spliced in was about 3 inches long. I'm guessing about 1 and a half minutes of labor, plus 5 minutes to find the problem.

$130.00 ....

I have NO desire to go back there again.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Wow, Insurance covered that? If wonder it they would cover a new engine if you have oil consumption and you're out of warranty?

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 04-21-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
^ worth the shot

Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I've had a terrible run in with them as well. I brought my car into them when my clutch started slipping, they refused to give me a loaner, and kept the car for almost a week, just to tell me that the clutch is worn, and almost done (was not slipping THAT badly.) When I picked up the car the clutch was considerably more beaten that when I left it. They quoted me 2,500 to change the clutch, and when I told them that I'm picking the car up, and not going ahead with the service, they hung up on me. I paid a fraction of that to change it at Z-car. If you're in NorCal Bay Area, head to Beshoff, their service is impecable and will always hook up the G community!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Yikes sorry to hear about the horrible experience, if you ever find yourself in a G again take the drive down to sj for beshoff and they will treat you right.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater FL Best dealership ever

Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Beshoff infiniti in san jose FTW

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by simin510
Beshoff infiniti in san jose FTW
FTMFW to be 100% correct

Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Yup that place sucks! I would never go there for sales or service. All their managers are douchebags