Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Me.

The following users liked this post:
IIIHawKIII (09-09-2011)
Old 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halloween some kids threw a big pumpkin at my car and smashed the passenger fender. Brought it to the shop to get repaired. Picked it up from the shop and parked it in front of my house. I woke up the next morning to my doorbell ringing. It was the construction foreman telling me that they workers somehow managed to spill hot tar on my car. Back to the shop I go. Pick it up with some fresh paint a week later and park in my driveway again. The next morning i wake up and a big tree branch had fallen through my windshield from a big storm that evening. A week later I park my car in short term parking at the airport thinking it would be safer there. I come home a week later and walk to my car noticing it had been sideswiped while i was away.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
I chip off a piece of the brembo while putting the wheels on...no biggie...but nothing bad yet...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by scottfedm
Halloween some kids threw a big pumpkin at my car and smashed the passenger fender. Brought it to the shop to get repaired. Picked it up from the shop and parked it in front of my house. I woke up the next morning to my doorbell ringing. It was the construction foreman telling me that they workers somehow managed to spill hot tar on my car. Back to the shop I go. Pick it up with some fresh paint a week later and park in my driveway again. The next morning i wake up and a big tree branch had fallen through my windshield from a big storm that evening. A week later I park my car in short term parking at the airport thinking it would be safer there. I come home a week later and walk to my car noticing it had been sideswiped while i was away.
What. The. Funk. I thought I had bad luck. You need to get into black magic or something and get revenge.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
What. The. Funk. I thought I had bad luck. You need to get into black magic or something and get revenge.
Haha seriously. At that point I'd have thought the car was bad luck and just sold it.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
jeez, maybe invest in a garage? lol bumpers all around like a go-kart?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Having a LOWERED car and driving down a STEEP UNDERGROUND PARKING GARAGE......SSSSCRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPEE...

I was like OUCH. was still a noobie @ lowered cars that time.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
2 friends were running to the door for shotgun one pushed the other into my mirror and cracked the base

this was caused by a manhole cover

car was hit by lighting on the plastic a pillar

Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I would have thought lightning woulda melted it over shattering it like that. That looks like something smashed it. Dude your luck is like mine. Why all the blue tape?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by the_coupe
jeez, maybe invest in a garage? lol bumpers all around like a go-kart?
Yeah a garage would be lovely. I hate having my ride open to anything. I thought it was bad luck too. But now seeing as it has blemishes on the report selling it for any value is not gonna happen. So let the mod bug bite. Just gotta be sure not to out price myself beyond oem cost. Insurance doesn't like to pay for aftermarket parts.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
I would have thought lightning woulda melted it over shattering it like that. That looks like something smashed it. Dude your luck is like mine. Why all the blue tape?
it was lightning im sure of that lol.

blue tape is to protect from rock chips on long trips

Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Time of day was 8 PM headed west on the 210 FWY in the diamond lane traveling 75 MPH. There's car ahead of me about 50 yards traveling about the same speed when it hits a full tire recap, it flies thru the air and hits the front of my bumper "BAAMM" and flys off to my right. I'm visualizing in my head that my bumper is broken/cracked and destroyed cause it took a major hit. I get home and pull into the garage, get out of the G and gingerly look at my front end. The first thing I see is my right side clear is hanging out by it's wire and pop it back in place. I turn all my garage lights on and looks closely at my bumper, no cracks nothing but a few scuffs....THANK YOU POLYURETHANE. So it's after 9 PM and I finish removing any sign of that damn recap without any major damage. That was the worst thing and hopefully the last....
Gary
Nice. Similar story happen to me.An audi tire blew out on the interstate and hit my front bumper at 80 mph. I was thinking in my head oh no i just got this car last week and the bumper is ucked up. Pulled off to the shoulder and sure enough my driver side clear corner were knocked out and hanging by the wire. my bumper only had tire scuffs. Cleaned it off

Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Beebo
it was lightning im sure of that lol.

blue tape is to protect from rock chips on long trips
Wow Beebs. I love your car color. IMO one of the best and rarest g colors. Quick questions. Where did you get your side view mirrors with the turn signal? and is your car an auto or Man.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by sick04cpe
well long story short.... alcohol, slightly damp roads, and a passenger that's ready for whatever= 70 mph 3rd gear burnout and in the end *** end coe around hit a curb seperated the knuckle from the axle so it's no longer connected to the car and oh yea a 15ft drop down an embankment. 12k worth of damage.
love it. The part when you said " and a passenger that's ready for whatever" .

Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
I would take the hit for the price of a new piece if my G was to get hit by lightning. Pretty cool story.

shouldnt have said that, there's a tornado warning in broward county right now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.