G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Post the worst things that have ever happened to your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine nothing big but give me an excuse to buy wheels.

I let the wife drive the car and now all 4 oem wheels have curb rash. How I don't know, but I get 19's on Wednesday.

She no longer is allowed to touch it. Not even back it out of the garage.

Now my old g35x was keyed from front fender all the way across the trunk. This was my fault as I took up two parking spots at our old apartment before we got the house. I was planning on only being there a few min, but didn't end up leaving again and left the car like that all night.

Just took it to Infiniti and traded it at night as that much repaint on ivory pearl would never have factory edges. Ended up getting 3k more then what I paid for it as my buddy at another dealership stole it on trade and sold it to me at his cost.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned
your mom
The worse is scuffed bumper from entering a steep parking lot and a slight dent from running into the outdoor bathroom.

But my closest call has to be..

I was on the way home around 1am and no one is on the roads. I come to an intersection where the light is red and I hear my phone receive a text just as the light turns green. I decide to slow and read the text(someone important ) rather than accelerate. Just as I look back up a truck flys through their redlight. He would have surely t-boned me had I not read the text. O.O

Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I was driving down the highway and some a$$hole tosses a beer bottle out the window it shattered and blew out my front left tire. Needless to say I was pissed and this is the day after purchase.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
1. I got some golf ball sized hail pock mark my G.

2. I got T-boned right behind my driver side door by a drunk driver at 2:30 in the afternoon. The guy had no license, no registration, he ran on foot from the scene, he had warrants out for his arrest, the vehicle he hit me with wasn't his!

3. Someone took a cinder block to my roof 3 times and to my back window three times.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Took me a while to actually remember this. Sat here thinking about all of the stupid **** I've done to my car... But I think this one is the worst

http://www.6mt.net/forum/871266-post1.html

Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Old lady in a Buick turns out of a parking lot into her correct (right) lane; immediately merges into my lane. I'm going 40, her, maybe 10. Her left fender dragged down the side of my car, totalled my fender, door panel, front right forged rim, and right quarter panel. 10k damage.

No mechanical damage, thankfully.

3 weeks in the shop, and she's as good as new.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Twisted the frame up a month ago. Car's totalled. Already bought it back, might repair it myself. We'll see.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Second day after purchasing car from a private party I noticed smoke coming out of my exhaust and a nasty burning smell followed by check engine light due to misfiring... Finally find out my piston rings are f*cked... Now 3rd week of ownership I've only driven it 3 times and still waiting on a motor.
I just wanna drive this beast is that too much to ask?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by blackout2277
Second day after purchasing car from a private party I noticed smoke coming out of my exhaust and a nasty burning smell followed by check engine light due to misfiring... Finally find out my piston rings are f*cked... Now 3rd week of ownership I've only driven it 3 times and still waiting on a motor.
I just wanna drive this beast is that too much to ask?
Find a new engine yet?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I love this thread!

Worst so far for me was driving on the freeway in rush hour traffic at 60 MPH and I suddenly see a 2'X2' piece of tire tread fly out from the car in front of me. Had nowhere to move so I just lined it up in the middle of the car and ran over it. It bent my Z Speed undertray backwards in half ripping out all the front mounting points in the bottom of the bumper cover and fvcked up my front lip. I pulled over on the service road to see if I could bend it back and couldn't. So I drove home, about a mile and a half, with the aluminum tray scraping on the ground praying a spark wouldn't set my car on fire. The funny part of the story is one of our local club members saw me when I was almost home and texted me that my car sounded like ****.

Here's a pic of the tray, it was destroyed and these things are pretty stout. I cringe to think what would have happened to my motor if I had the stock plastic undertray still on.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Giant rock hit my windshield today on the way to work. Nice crack.

Another time I come out of the grocery store and find a shopping cart sitting on my front bumper with a nice gash in it.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Teelux
Find a new engine yet?
Nope

Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned
Not as bad as most stories here lol but I was driving with me new k2 remix fiberglass (I know sucks) bumper and a tire shredded and hit the front lip in less then 2 days of getting the bumper on

Old 09-14-2011, 12:14 PM
back in 2006 when i had my 05 dg coupe i was driving behind a lifted SUV and there was a spare tire on the road and obviously the suv lifted and all drove over the tire no problem but my poor coupe being low on the ground had no chance i hit the spare tire and pretty much tore off the driver side tire so i was driving w/ 3 tires before coming to a complete stop in the middle divider, lucky i didnt hit any other cars. 10k worth of damages

Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Douchebag in a BIG RED TRUCK Pissed off over some scratchers at a 7/11, peeled off the parking lot and clipped my 2 week old car. Causing some clear coat scrape and light cracks in the rear corner of the bumper.

Was only able to grab the first 5 plate numbers and cops couldn't do anything about it. Even though running the numbers did pull up a red truck local to the area.

Took my car in for the headlight recall, and dealership scratched my passenger fender and covered it up with black touch up paint. Car was 1 month old by then.

Luckily I noticed it and they repaired it. 3 weeks later, the clear coat started peeling around the edges and it was repainted again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.