G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Post the worst things that have ever happened to your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post the worst things that have ever happened to your G

Lets hear some horror stories about G35's.
ill start it off.

1.Key mark!
I was parked at the school parking lot and when i came back to my car once school was done, i saw a white line across my driver side running from my door to the rear quarter panel.

2.Road debris!
I was driving on a highway and someone changed lanes in front of me and the car hit a piece of rubber left on the road. It flew to me and it scared the hell out of me. Luckily, the only damages were on my grill which is easy to replace.

3.Road debris!
I was driving on a highway heading to school and i was behind a pick up full of construction stuff. One of the paint cans in his pick up fell on the road and i couldnt avoid it because there was someone next to me. The only damages were: clear coat came off my bumper and my undercarriage got a fresh coat of white paint.

ill post some pics of the damage when i get the change to.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Time of day was 8 PM headed west on the 210 FWY in the diamond lane traveling 75 MPH. There's car ahead of me about 50 yards traveling about the same speed when it hits a full tire recap, it flies thru the air and hits the front of my bumper "BAAMM" and flys off to my right. I'm visualizing in my head that my bumper is broken/cracked and destroyed cause it took a major hit. I get home and pull into the garage, get out of the G and gingerly look at my front end. The first thing I see is my right side clear is hanging out by it's wire and pop it back in place. I turn all my garage lights on and looks closely at my bumper, no cracks nothing but a few scuffs....THANK YOU POLYURETHANE. So it's after 9 PM and I finish removing any sign of that damn recap without any major damage. That was the worst thing and hopefully the last....
Gary

Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parked my car in an end spot down at school and walked out to it the next morning keyed on each side and across the trunk. Straight lines from the mirrors to the taillights and one from taillight to taillight. Everytime I walk up to my car now it's one of the first things I notice and it drives me crazy.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Got t-boned at an intersection by some old ****er in a minivan a week after I got my Veilside widebody spoiler put on. Car was totaled (see signature).

I couldn't find another Athens Blue in the trim and mileage I wanted, so I settled for a pristine Diamond Graphite instead. I love my DG but not a day goes by that I didn't wish it was Athens Blue instead.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
It was a nice day this past winter so I decided to take the G out of the garage on a Sunday. Went to my parents house whose driveway is a curved hill. Drove up to the top, put it in 1st and put on the ebrake as I always do when I exit the car. 15 minutes later we're sitting in the house and here a THUMP. I look out the front window and my car has snow all over it and smashed into a tree at the bottom of the driveway. $2200 worth of damage. The snow must have melted under the tires and glazed over making it slide down the driveway.

Car was fixed, lesson learned

Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
mao
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ouch!

Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
well long story short.... alcohol, slightly damp roads, and a passenger that's ready for whatever= 70 mph 3rd gear burnout and in the end *** end coe around hit a curb seperated the knuckle from the axle so it's no longer connected to the car and oh yea a 15ft drop down an embankment. 12k worth of damage.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM
I hit a side of a wall in my school's stupid parking lot cause this lady was much closer to me than she should've been...almost cried.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I was driving to work one morning, sitting at a light with 2 left hand turn lanes that turn in to a 2 lane road. I was in the right lane of the left turn lane, lady in a Dakota was in the left lane left turn lane. Light turns green, we start going around the corner. She's making it pretty wide, but there's a concrete median, so I scootch over to give her more room without scraping my wheels. She merges right into my car as she went from her left hand lane, "didn't see me" and tried going to the right hand lane. It took her insurance company 2 months to get back to me with consistent phone calls to get anything done. Their excuse? "Well, we must have mixed up your area code on the phone number" even though I left it on there message system numerous times. Walking out to see a huge dent in the rear driver quarter panel every day was a horrible feeling, I didn't even wanna drive it.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 PM
there was a matress on the freeway. I had to make a fast lane change and cut of someone badly thought he was gonna slam in me.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by code2424
there was a matress on the freeway. I had to make a fast lane change and cut of someone badly thought he was gonna slam in me.
Happened to me in a work van once. Was driving down the freeway, and some dummy didn't tie his mattress and box spring down good enough. The thing flew out hit the car in front of me, and then I ran it over. I destroyed the box spring and it only tore off the front license plate holder on the van.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MY elderly father accidently bumps onto the rear left corner side of my G with his Maxima. I have not done any repairs what so ever(besides add alittle of touch-up paint) because it reminds me of him everywhere I go everyday.

What can I say.......I still got much Love for my fam.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
While driving down the highway just before it splits east-west a tractor trailer blew a tire and of course i had to run over it as i had no time to react.Pulled over to the side of road cause it was a hard smack only to see 2 holes in the lower half of my Greddy front bumper.

The whole front of the bumper just ripped out their attachments by the fenders but i did get the bumper resecured but still havent fixed it yet.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
This..
Lady was on her sidekick and switched lanes when I was right next to her.

Then this..
Guy took the red light and smashed my car. Should've been totaled..

Now..
No pics, but a lady backed into my car and hit the corner of the rear bumper. Had my co-workers and work camera have it on camera. Lady still refused that she hit it. Was about supposedly $1000 on damage. She gave me $600 check. Ended up only getting it fixed for $300.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.