G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please help, back seats wont fold down (G35 Coupe)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help, back seats wont fold down (G35 Coupe)

So its one issue after another. My main problem is that I can't fold the back seats down on my car. I pull the latch in the trunk and nothing happens. The little button inside in the center doesn't pop up. How can I get the seats down?

Let me explain why this is important.

Last week my gas gauge read empty and the service engine light came on. In searching the forum I found that this has happened to many users and to just take it to the dealer. (the censor has gone bad) I'm going to do this Monday, but if I read right they will need to remove the back seats to gain access to the censor.

Months ago i got the iPod adapter from EverythingG35 and installed it. I put the adapter under the plastic shoulder rest in the back. I know I installed everything back ok and tested it, but its come loose now and it sux!

I wanted to unplug the ipod adapter so when they take it all apart they wont accidentally pull on it rip the harness or something. Their is very little give in that cramped area and I just wanted to be safe. But now that I find that the seats wont come down so I can get that done so I think I'm screwed.

Does anyone have any other way to get the seats down? Or if you guys could post some pics of what it looks like (the cables behind the seats) and maybe i can just cut threw with a knife and pull the cable to bring the seats down and be ready for Monday.

Or do you think the dealer will just be able to get around it or fix that too?

Any help would be most welcome!

thank you.

-James

Old 05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right behind the console part of the rear seats (where the crease is) there should be a red strap. You may have to dig for it, but it is there. Pull on it and it should get your seats to fold down.

Hope that helps...

EDIT: Here is a picture of where the strap is located:

Somewhere in that crease (calling it a crease for lack of a better word ) you will find the strap.

Last edited by Chealy; 05-01-2010 at 10:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tyski06 (09-09-2012)
Old 05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I did see it! So I just pull it down and it should fold down?

...running to the car now!

thanks!

-James
DOMO

Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I believe so...
I ran into a similar problem when I locked my keys in my trunk and used the strap to fold down the seats and crawl into my trunk

Old 05-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Talking

Done! and Done!!!!

Thank you so much! You have no idea how one little thing really can screw up your day. The seat came down, I fixed the loose cable so the trunk latch works, and I am good to go!! This forum rocks!

Thanks again Chealy!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Glad I could help!

Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Super Helpful!!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
How did u fix the cables so you can use that little button on top of middle seat to open it? I push mine and nothing happens, I have to open boot and pull the release cable, so annoying..

Old 04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Oh that red cable works for me, is that how u are supposed to open it from inside?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by R6n350GT
How did u fix the cables so you can use that little button on top of middle seat to open it? I push mine and nothing happens, I have to open boot and pull the release cable, so annoying..
After you fold down the seats you should be able to fold over a flap on the back. This will show you the wires that latch pulls on. on mine it had come loose. I can't remember off hand what it looked like, but once you see it its simple to just lock in. Then your latch from the trunk will work.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Premier Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...this has pissed me off for well over a year. Thanks!

The shop that installed my amp and sub broke it...then immediately went out of business so I had no way to complain. The amp (mounted to the back of the seat) came loose last year and has just been sitting on the floor hanging on by 1 screw. Since I couldn't fold down the seat, I had no way to get to it. (Stupid wheelchair!!)

Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
theres also a level in the trunk too

Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
lol I bought 2 30's going to a buddies house... Needless to say my trunk wire harness cut it's self. Almost had 2 30's stuck in my trunk! I had no idea this strap was there and luckily a friend of mine (girl) had hope and stuffed her hand down there (ha)... anyway theres my story! Glad you found it!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I just experienced the "can't open trunk lid" problem this morning. Reading the owner's manual, I couldn't find this strap spoken of. But reading the forums I had a better idea where to look. Sure enough, snapped green and white wiring.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Chealy
I believe so...
I ran into a similar problem when I locked my keys in my trunk and used the strap to fold down the seats and crawl into my trunk
Since u were inside the car, Couldn't u have just popped the trunk from the button???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help, back seats wont fold down (G35 Coupe)