G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Selling my Z to get a G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by System Shock
I'd suggest you take a baby seat with you so you can experience first hand how much of a pain it is to put it in and take it out. Of course, you can leave the baby seat attached at all times, but then imagine trying to fit your child in, especially if the seat is facing back, as it is the law for newborns.

And once you move from a baby car seat to a toddler car seat or a booster, they don't quite fit on the seat properly.

Seriously, if you can afford it, keep the Z, buy a sedan. A G is cool of your kids are past a certain age and size. My 7 yo fits perfectly in the back seat without the booster seat; the booster doesn't sit flat on the G's backseat.
You make a good point... I've been thinking about these issues for a while now and i think I just need to see the G coupe in person to validate everything. I'm slowly leaning towards the sedan, but i don't like the styling of the 1st gen G35's... when did there style change? 2008?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Z to G 35
HAHAHA... Actually, i have a 98 ML320 which I could use. The thing is, it already has 140k miles on it and i'm worried that something else might die on it, so I only use it on the weekends when I need to pick up groceries or mulch or whatever. My other option was to sell the ML and get another SUV, which I could use when I have to pick up the baby... but I'm not totally sold on that option. I'll be checking out the G tomorrow, so we'll see...
The FX is basically an SUV version of the G35 coupe. Its safe and perfect for your new baby, which I personally wouldn't wanna drive around in a small coupe if it was me. So you'd still have your Z and you can ride around with the family in style with the FX

Old 05-07-2010, 11:02 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Speaking as someone who did the newborn in the back seat, it was doable for a few trips when my daughter was small. When we bought her a larger car seat, it couldn't fit with her facing the rear (as mandated by law). And the most people I could fit in the G35 coupe was 3. You really can't have someone sit behind you, without your stomach ending up 2 inches from the steering wheel.

This entire time, we still had my wife's camry to use as the PRIMARY transport.

If this is going to be your primary transport for a newborn, I'd get a second generation G35/G37 sedan.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 AM
G35 coupe is nice
But its a bit small for family

Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by caketech
Dont do it man

get a Sedan, or a M35.

girls HATE getting into my back seat let alone, having to put a child back there

they do have anchors for the babyseats though.

first my car is for myself by another for the family.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I have the 2008 black G35 sedan. Dam thing looks pretty nice to me. Much better than the earilier models IMHO.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KC23
I have the 2008 black G35 sedan. Dam thing looks pretty nice to me. Much better than the earilier models IMHO.
Easy there...

Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by E_K
Speaking as someone who did the newborn in the back seat, it was doable for a few trips when my daughter was small. When we bought her a larger car seat, it couldn't fit with her facing the rear (as mandated by law). And the most people I could fit in the G35 coupe was 3. You really can't have someone sit behind you, without your stomach ending up 2 inches from the steering wheel.

This entire time, we still had my wife's camry to use as the PRIMARY transport.

If this is going to be your primary transport for a newborn, I'd get a second generation G35/G37 sedan.
lmao!! i agree. and the passenger seat takes like so long to recline lol. i usually dont have no rear passengers maybe once in awhile.

but OP get a M35/45!!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're gonna be having a baby seat back there, definitely go for the sedan. The G35 coupe does look way better than the sedans but you're sacrificing a lot for it for the purpose you need it for. I would go for an 06' G35 sedan and up because I think they made those look a lot better than the older ones. The M35 or M45 isn't a bad route either. I personally wanted a M45 before my G35 coupe but the prices were way too high for my budget. I don't know if you care much about FWD or RWD, but the new maximas look mean as hell and aren't priced to bad. Overall, I would stay away from the coupe for what you need it for.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I wouldn't get a G Coupe with a baby.... it's such a pain in the a$$ to get into and out of those back seats all the time, especially when you need to do so with a child when you're trying to put them in the backwards facing car seat. That's just going to be a nightmare.

Plus, the power seats move forwards so slowly that it will drive you nuts over the course of the 300+ times that you have to put the baby back there and take him/her out of the seat. I hate the power seats in our cars.... I really wish there was a manual override to slide the seats forward all the way by hand quickly when you are flipping the seat forward to provide access to the rear seats.