G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My window motors keep failing!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea you guys need to reprogram, but its a simple process with like 5 steps if you do the search.

i had one motor go bad and got a refurb one from advance auto parts. has worked perfeclty since (3 years now), and im always usin my windows. do you all live in a place with a lot of dust or something? cause i did do the brush clean on the old motor before i replaceed it and it started working fine again, but decided to change it up anyways to not risk having the windwos stuck open.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
ha i re-read my comment and realized it was a brain fart. forgot the dust in the motors is caused by the internals. nvm bout living in a dusty area. boo to mondays.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I had mine going bad so I opened up the motor and cleaned it up a bit and works like new!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
yea you guys need to reprogram, but its a simple process with like 5 steps if you do the search.

i had one motor go bad and got a refurb one from advance auto parts. has worked perfeclty since (3 years now), and im always usin my windows. do you all live in a place with a lot of dust or something? cause i did do the brush clean on the old motor before i replaceed it and it started working fine again, but decided to change it up anyways to not risk having the windwos stuck open.
when you talk about reprogamming, are you talking about resetting the position so that it goes fully up/down? or are you talking about some other procedure? Every time ive done it ive reset the window motor by pressing the little button and following the procedure, but thats the extent of the "reprogramming."

The first time my motor went bad I attempted to crack it open and clean it myself but I found that it looked clean as new on the inside, very much unlike some of the pictures of dirty motors I have seen on here...I cleaned it anyway and it still sucked...but as soon as I replaced it everything worked well.

I went ahead and got another ****ty oreilly motor today because I didnt have time to figure alternatives and the local dealer wanted $350 for a new one and they said they would only offer the year warranty if they installed it for another $150...basically costing me $500 for something I could do for free.

I got some lithium grease and lubed everything up extra good as well, the window works great again but its only a matter of time before it fails again.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I had both of my window regulator motors replaced last summer under Infiniti (extended) warranty. I haven't had a problem with either of them since then.